Re: Today

Willthiswork wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:There's no rule that rugby can't be played the day before a league fixture
Thought it was part of the tennancy agreement and a request from the FA/FL?
Nope, there's an FA rule that football clubs must have primacy of fixtures, but there's nothing about when other matches from the other ground-sharing clubs have to be played, just the regulation that the football club must get first choice/refusal in the event of clashes.

That's in our contract with the owners of Rodney Parade, because otherwise we're not allowed to be in the EFL.
Last edited by SJG99 on February 11th, 2018, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Kear wrote:I think the quiet majority on here appreciate Harps.
Sadly there are quite a few on here who enjoy a witch hunt.
And a few more think its cool and clever to chip in.
I think yesterday Up the Port lost the plot.
This is a forum and everybody is entitled to an opinion.
Unfortunately some and you know who you are loose a discussion and then resort to childish comments
"The pub bore"
Would think those chipping in are the actual bores.
Lets see what the pitch looks like next Saturday without some of you resorting to insults.

Wait a minute, Harps holds a view that the pitch is ruined and the drainage is f***ed, UTP holds a view that it is ridiculous to suggest this on the basis of just one postponed game that by all accounts was close to actually being played.
Don't complain about everyone being entitled to an opinion then berate someone for holding an opinion (and those that 'chip in') that just so happens to be different to yours as it kind of kicks your argument into touch.

Exile 1976 wrote: Wait a minute, Harps holds a view that the pitch is ruined and the drainage is f***ed, UTP holds a view that it is ridiculous to suggest this on the basis of just one postponed game that by all accounts was close to actually being played.
Don't complain about everyone being entitled to an opinion then berate someone for holding an opinion (and those that 'chip in') that just so happens to be different to yours as it kind of kicks your argument into touch.
Quite. :thumbright:

Exile you miss the point.
Harps whether correct or wrong was entitled to his point of view, likewise Up the Port was as well.
As Stan states its a forum.
But then we get the petty insults
"The pub Bore"
"Nicker wetting"
"Bless"

And so on, then others chip in.
Total witch hunt.
Like I said lets see what its like next Saturday especially as you said yourself Exile after Fridays rugby and steady rain it would be interesting.
It hopefully wont happen but regardless every body is entitled to an opinion.
Petty insults not for me and certainly will never win a debate for sure.

Forgot to add we may still have grass but the drainage was not working for sure.
It was raining all morning but it was never pouring down
Why did it not drain away.
Has every other ground apart from Rochdale and Morecambe got better drainage.
Answers on a post card?

Mike Kear wrote:Exile you miss the point.
Harps whether correct or wrong was entitled to his point of view, likewise Up the Port was as well.
As Stan states its a forum.
But then we get the petty insults
"The pub Bore"
"Nicker wetting"
"Bless"

And so on, then others chip in.
Total witch hunt.
Like I said lets see what its like next Saturday especially as you said yourself Exile after Fridays rugby and steady rain it would be interesting.
It hopefully wont happen but regardless every body is entitled to an opinion.
Petty insults not for me and certainly will never win a debate for sure.

So if others join in with the same opinion of UTP then it's a 'total witch hunt'?

That's the point, UTP, myself and many others think that the postponement of just one game isn't something to get worried about just yet, we're not the first team to have a game postponed this season. Next week however, if that game is called off then yes, there looks like there's something wrong. I've seen the pictures and whilst the pitch doesn't look great it hardly looks a lost cause.....yet.

Re: Exiles v Forest Green Rovers

SJG99 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Do Swansea have the lamps that help the grass to grow all year around? Do we?
I haven't seen and pics of grow lamps specifically at Swansea, but I'm pretty sure we don't. Cardiff City Stadium uses them though.

Also Ospreys haven't got any matches in February, never mind the day before a match.

Yes Swansea has got them but we don't.

Re: Exiles v Forest Green Rovers

SJG99 wrote:For the removal of doubt, this is the pitcture we're talking about. The football pitch is still entirely covered in grass (and quite a lot of water).
To be fair I can understand why forest green upset game was off. Pitch looks playable from that. It looks better on that pic than it did from the TV during the game the night before. Obviously it doesn't look as good as that in the flesh. I thought people said there was no grass though?

Not sure it's wise to have a county home game the day of Wales v England in the egg chasing when a lot of people involved in match days for us are actual egg chasers. Not saying they didn't do their job well enough because they wanted the game off because I am not. But it gives other managers/fans etc the chance to use that excuse.

Exile.
Will try again its not the opinion that matters.
Its a forum and every body is entitled to their opinion.
The witch hunt comes in when he is basically told to shut up because people disagree with his point of view.
Anyway said my bit.
Just find it sad grown ups resorting to petty insults to try and make a point.
You should be confident in your opinion full stop.
Anyway that's all from me on this subject until next Saturday when sure it will come back into the equation.

Mike Kear wrote:Forgot to add we may still have grass but the drainage was not working for sure.
It was raining all morning but it was never pouring down
Why did it not drain away.
Has every other ground apart from Rochdale and Morecambe got better drainage.
Answers on a post card?
Do you live in Newport? Did you see/hear the rain on Thursday night? We then had rugby on a pitch that would have been battered by rain less than 24 hours before.

Sorry was going to sign off but that's a direct question for me.
Yes I do.
Heavy rain 20 hours before the rugby, but you would think in the time before kick off it would all drain away.
I didn't see the rugby but was their surface water?.
Thought Friday was a lovely dry crisp day albeit windy so every little bit helping.
Think the problem could be drainage rather that grass and I was out Friday night and it certainly wasn't down to freezing.
Was in my car at 1.00am and no ice on windscreen.

Next weekend will be the test.

Newport Rugby play on it Friday Llanelli
We play on it Saturday
Dragons play on it Sunday. Benetton

3 games 3 days.
Hope its dry
Last edited by Harps62 on February 11th, 2018, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.