Re: GRANDSTAND: Exiles v Notts County

Harps62 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Jackson did OK when he came on but our tactics after the double substitution took Wilmott out of three game. Hayes or Sheehan on for Wilmott would have been brave but may have made the difference
Agree with that.
Flynny told him to drop back into midfield.
Got to start next week with Marlon and Frank up the middle and Robbie out wide.
Totally wrong fit for each other and our tactics.

Bush wrote:Harps - strikers are paid to score or assist. Armond had a shot. How many did Jackson and nouble have between them?
Guess what Padraig was on for 60 minutes sorry but what shot and won nothing in the air although in fairness was not as bad as McClousky.
Jackson came on won virtually everything in the air.
Maybe it should in hindsight be Marlon winning everything in the air and Padraig feeding off him.
Frank will not stay in the middle so have rethought that and it has to be Padraig and Marlon with Robbie out wide not dropping back

Bush wrote:
Mike Kear wrote:
Bush wrote:Match has died a slow death from a positive start to second half. Since the changes its turned into how many high balls can we pump to Jackson to watch him not win any!
Sorry but I must comment on that statement.
Marlon and Frank came on and Marlon literally won everything in the air after Padraig and McCoulsky literally won nothing in the air
first half.
Once Flynny put the changes in we did look like a side who could score.
Seriously how you can say that is ridiculous
He won about 3 headers. He is also a striker who didn't have a fecking shot! I thought the changes today made zero impact. I'm happy with a point but to say they changed the game is madness. I thought it was a terrible move to take armond off who was by a distance our best striker out of the 4 that played.
I agree - the subs had zero impact. Amond in particular was very hard done by to be taken off. Him and MCCoulsky would have been much more likely to win us the three points.

Bush wrote:
Mike Kear wrote:
Bush wrote:Match has died a slow death from a positive start to second half. Since the changes its turned into how many high balls can we pump to Jackson to watch him not win any!
Sorry but I must comment on that statement.
Marlon and Frank came on and Marlon literally won everything in the air after Padraig and McCoulsky literally won nothing in the air
first half.
Once Flynny put the changes in we did look like a side who could score.
Seriously how you can say that is ridiculous
He won about 3 headers. He is also a striker who didn't have a fecking shot! I thought the changes today made zero impact. I'm happy with a point but to say they changed the game is madness. I thought it was a terrible move to take armond off who was by a distance our best striker out of the 4 that played.
Sorry Bush but that simply isn't correct. For anyone who wasn't There,,Jackson won pretty much every header, whereas when Shaun was on I doubt he won more than one or two. Fairs fair Jackson was fine.

Big Al wrote:What is the point of Jackson winning the ball in the air if it doesn't go to a County player. He was the usual Jackson, no idea. Nouble was the same, picking his nose on the wing when he should be in the box.What we lacked was creativity, Dolan or Sheehan should have played. I know Dolan is off form, but he could have made a difference with his set piece delivery. Apart from all that I thought the defence was excellent, O'Brien made a .difference
Well said.

neilcork68 wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Not getting ripped apart
Looking poor up front
Robbie playing well
Everything to play for

My one and only comment this evening..

Robbie playing well....your having a laugh
Nothing positive today at all then to talk about Corky.
Back 5 or Labs maybe?.
No of course against your principals to do a positive contribution.
What a miserable character you must be.

Harps62 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Not getting ripped apart
Looking poor up front
Robbie playing well
Everything to play for

My one and only comment this evening..

Robbie playing well....your having a laugh
Nothing positive today at all then to talk about Corky.
Back 5 or Labs maybe?.
No of course against your principals to do a positive contribution.
What a miserable character you must be.

Keep taking your medication old bean

Harps62 wrote:IMO

If we had kept McCoulsky and Padraig up front we wouldn't of scored in 180 minutes let alone 90.
Totally shackled by the Notts defence all 60 minutes worth.

We wouldn't have scored with all 4 strikers on upfront because there was nothing created from out wide and it was only a few drives forward from labadie that made us look remotely like scoring.

Armond first half didn't win headers but he brought two high balls down to him and had a shot on one and started a move with another. I'm sorry but that's what I want my strikers doing. I would have brought hayes on first to partner armond. Then Sheehan for Robbie. Would have also brought Reid on for pipe.