Re: gavin leaving

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Bush wrote:So it's all down to the chairman not other board members, flynny, his coaching staff or the players? Very interesting outlook.
Where does the buck stop?
On the field it stops with the manager. Which is why he deserves all the credit for Leeds and Spurs with his staff and players.

Would hope Mr Foxhall is just the front man
The one most happy to talk to the Media etc.
Has no more powers than anybody else on the BOD and sometime later this year all trust members will have the ultimate choice of if you rate him vote him on for another 3 years or the opposite send him packing.
That can only happen of course if their are more candidates than positions which on past records could well not occur.
Another possibility is that he will just walk before the election takes place.
Incidently the third supporters meeting was originally down for January but my guess is late March or maybe never.
Sure we will not get 4 in as promised this season.

Exile 1976 wrote:Not having a go Ryan, but I'm a little concerned that none of you new directors has asked WHY the delay in starting. Hardly bodes well to think that you will be prepared to ask more pressing questions of Foxall etc ...
May have got this wrong, apologies if I have..
Questions have definitely been asked by the candidates mate.

Bush wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Not having a go Ryan, but I'm a little concerned that none of you new directors has asked WHY the delay in starting. Hardly bodes well to think that you will be prepared to ask more pressing questions of Foxall etc ...
Questions have definitely been asked by the candidates mate.

In that case, ignore the post then :lol:

Bush wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:I do not think you can base an argument on 'If'

What if Mansfield had not scored in the 93rd minute on the opening game of last season?
What if the ref wasn't conned at Luton in our first away game?
What if Cambridge had not turned it around at half time ?
What if Butler did not give away that last minute penalty at Grimsby?
What if Feeney had not offered two year contracts to Butler, Labadie , Tozer & Bennett?
You still haven't answered my questioned based on what are you measuring success considering under his leadership we nearly got relegated from the football league last year and we have had board members and staff walk out citing his leadership we also have court battles over how staff have been treated. We have also ended up paying someone 3 months wages to sit on his arse cause someone fecked up his registration. We have also covered this up and not informed the fans. There were also issues over how the tickets were distributed (not myself but I spent weeks arguing with people over it), also people have said the manager wasn't backed this January (not something I believe in either).

I couldn't care less if he stays or goes. End of the day I think 99.9% of the fans are more worried in the futures of labadie and butler.

I am measuring success on the position the club is in now compared when Gavin took over. It seems all you have done is change the word 'if' to 'nearly relegated'

To answer your points.
'We have had board members walk out of differences with other board members'. Has that not happened consistently through the years at Newport County?
'Staff walk out, citing that they cannot work with a director'. Do personal differences not happen in every industry?
'Someone fucked up Paul Hayes registration'. In his recent interview with the Argus he indicated he owed the club as we could have legitimately torn up his contract. This would indicate that whilst unpalatable to some, the club and Gavin were not to blame.
Labadie and Butler I agree with, Oddly enough I also recall the outcry when the board initially sanctioned their two year contracts under Feeney.

It has been said on here a number of times that you work for the club.
Its not a problem of course but you will be a little bit one sided in your comments which is understandable.
1 All the years supporting County cannot remember so many incidents of this happening.
Pretty sure never involving so many directors ever.
2 Again cannot remember a continual flow of staff leaving under a black cloud and tribunals coming into the equation on a regular basis
3 If it had nothing to do with Gavin and the club why the hell would you keep a fella for 3 months plus then find out he is way down the pecking order.
4 Why wouldn't the board sanction 2 year contracts.
They were not the only ones or were they?
If he stays so be it if he goes the same.
Certainly wont affect the club either way.
Sure the other directors have enough bottle to make the correct decisions and for sure a couple of the new directors when they finally get permission to fulfil their roles which to me is the biggest farce of all.
Somebody else might enjoy being the front man and be confident in front of the press and media.
Saying that of the current board have only heard a few make any utterances.
Neil seems well spoken and Shaun appears happy to be the normal spokesperson when Gavin is "unavailable"

Harps62 wrote:It has been said on here a number of times that you work for the club.
Its not a problem of course but you will be a little bit one sided in your comments which is understandable.
1 All the years supporting County cannot remember so many incidents of this happening.
Pretty sure never involving so many directors ever.
2 Again cannot remember a continual flow of staff leaving under a black cloud and tribunals coming into the equation on a regular basis
3 If it had nothing to do with Gavin and the club why the hell would you keep a fella for 3 months plus then find out he is way down the pecking order.
4 Why wouldn't the board sanction 2 year contracts.
They were not the only ones or were they?
If he stays so be it if he goes the same.
Certainly wont affect the club either way.
Sure the other directors have enough bottle to make the correct decisions and for sure a couple of the new directors when they finally get permission to fulfil their roles which to me is the biggest farce of all.
Somebody else might enjoy being the front man and be confident in front of the press and media.
Saying that of the current board have only heard a few make any utterances.
Neil seems well spoken and Shaun appears happy to be the normal spokesperson when Gavin is "unavailable"

I have only reiterated what I read in the argus

Paul Hayes 12/01/18

“When they found out that I couldn’t play for a while they could have terminated the contract, but they stood by me.

“I was grateful for that and I just have to repay the faith that the club and the manager have put in me.

Oh yes I certainly have and having conversations and inclusion within email chains I know the other newly elected directors have as well.
The thing is at this moment we don't know the how's, ifs, whos etc (one of the reasons I applied) so the idea of an induction seems a great idea. So until we've had our first board meeting, induction etc we can't officially get going, but when i do the, trust members will be fully included in developments. How it's communicated has yet to be agreed.

Ryan Courtney UTC

Cromwellend wrote:
Oh yes I certainly have and having conversations and inclusion within email chains I know the other newly elected directors have as well.
The thing is at this moment we don't know the how's, ifs, whos etc (one of the reasons I applied) so the idea of an induction seems a great idea. So until we've had our first board meeting, induction etc we can't officially get going, but when i do the, trust members will be fully included in developments. How it's communicated has yet to be agreed.

Ryan Courtney UTC

Thanks Ryan. Good luck going forward.

Bush wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:I do not think you can base an argument on 'If'

What if Mansfield had not scored in the 93rd minute on the opening game of last season?
What if the ref wasn't conned at Luton in our first away game?
What if Cambridge had not turned it around at half time ?
What if Butler did not give away that last minute penalty at Grimsby?
What if Feeney had not offered two year contracts to Butler, Labadie , Tozer & Bennett?
You still haven't answered my questioned based on what are you measuring success considering under his leadership we nearly got relegated from the football league last year and we have had board members and staff walk out citing his leadership we also have court battles over how staff have been treated. We have also ended up paying someone 3 months wages to sit on his arse cause someone fecked up his registration. We have also covered this up and not informed the fans. There were also issues over how the tickets were distributed (not myself but I spent weeks arguing with people over it), also people have said the manager wasn't backed this January (not something I believe in either).

I couldn't care less if he stays or goes. End of the day I think 99.9% of the fans are more worried in the futures of labadie and butler.
Hi. I think we can only measure it with the state of the club when he took over to the state of the club now. his best decision was keeping Flynny on the staff when everyone was slagging him off for it. we are probably in better shape now off the field than ever so probably the best chairman we have ever had. we seem a lot more professional than when Howard greenhalve was in charge. maybe the new directors can report back on this message board and tell us fans how good or not things are.

The new directors will certainly not be reporting on this forum how good things are or not but hopefully all Trust members will be kept up to date with anything of importance that affects them and the future of the team.
Assume day to day fans not in the trust will be kept informed down the grapevine.
Think you have one of our former chairmans names wrong but that's not of importance as we know who you mean.