Re: gavin leaving

Appreciate that but you have all passed the necessary requirements to become directors which you are 100% now.
It appears that GF is running the roost as always and putting you on the back burner.
Seriously if I had been elected and told go away for a few weeks and we will see you in March I would be asking why.
You and the current previously elected board go to every home game.
Don't just accept what you are being told get onto them straight away.
Its like you are all apprentices waiting for your introduction to the top brass.
As soon as you were all approved Foxhall & Co should of said
Lets all meet up after next home game and then off we go, not leave it nearly a month before you can join in.

Agree with that harps, yes that would have been great. Unfortunately for whatever reason, maybe procedure I don't know what's the delay in getting us going but we need to know so the next round of elections is better.
We have been doing certain things in the background, helping with the spurs game and sorting stuff for fans who have asked directly etc.
I'm mindful of the fact that a bull in a china shop or a bang on the table gets you nowhere, so I'm letting the process run its course, plenty of time to get in the mix, find out what's happening and report back to the trust members about plans going forward.

Ryan Courtney UTC.

Ps you still haven't met me for a pint :) maybe I know you ?

Thanks for the reply Ryan.
Recognise you from your photo.
More than happy to have a pint anytime.
Try to get in the Marquee before game.
Hazel boy not Bisley though.
Best of luck.
Sure you feel a bit frustrated ready to get stuck in no doubt.
Cheers
Harps

theale wrote:They may already be very busy carrying out duties,one cleaning gavs car and others cleaning his suit for the next supporters meeting.great to debate with our number one when he's available.

A pretty disparaging remark there, just one question though. If Gavin was to leave in the summer as you are insinuating, would you say he has left the club in a better or worse position than when he started?
Surely that is how you judge a chairmans tenure, not on whether you like them or not.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
theale wrote:They may already be very busy carrying out duties,one cleaning gavs car and others cleaning his suit for the next supporters meeting.great to debate with our number one when he's available.

A pretty disparaging remark there, just one question though. If Gavin was to leave in the summer as you are insinuating, would you say he has left the club in a better or worse position than when he started?
Surely that is how you judge a chairmans tenure, not on whether you like them or not.
A very valid point.

Would be interested to read the responses from the anti-Gavin brigade and their thoughts on this.

Alan G Bryant wrote:

How do you measure what position the club is in?

If you take away the work done on the pitch i.e. The cup run and the money that came from the success on the pitch, financially are we better off now than when he started? If we are then he left the club in a better position than started. If we find out without the cup run we would have been in serious trouble then are we able to say the club was left in a better position? If maclausky doesn't score that winner against Leeds we could be in a very different position.

I would be very interested in how you would measure it.

Bush wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:

How do you measure what position the club is in?

If you take away the work done on the pitch i.e. The cup run and the money that came from the success on the pitch, financially are we better off now than when he started? If we are then he left the club in a better position than started. If we find out without the cup run we would have been in serious trouble then are we able to say the club was left in a better position? If maclausky doesn't score that winner against Leeds we could be in a very different position.

I would be very interested in how you would measure it.
You measure it by the success on the pitch and the money in the bank.

Both look decent to me to be honest.

I do not think you can base an argument on 'If'

What if Mansfield had not scored in the 93rd minute on the opening game of last season?
What if the ref wasn't conned at Luton in our first away game?
What if Cambridge had not turned it around at half time ?
What if Butler did not give away that last minute penalty at Grimsby?
What if Feeney had not offered two year contracts to Butler, Labadie , Tozer & Bennett?

Alan G Bryant wrote:I do not think you can base an argument on 'If'

What if Mansfield had not scored in the 93rd minute on the opening game of last season?
What if the ref wasn't conned at Luton in our first away game?
What if Cambridge had not turned it around at half time ?
What if Butler did not give away that last minute penalty at Grimsby?
What if Feeney had not offered two year contracts to Butler, Labadie , Tozer & Bennett?
You still haven't answered my questioned based on what are you measuring success considering under his leadership we nearly got relegated from the football league last year and we have had board members and staff walk out citing his leadership we also have court battles over how staff have been treated. We have also ended up paying someone 3 months wages to sit on his arse cause someone fecked up his registration. We have also covered this up and not informed the fans. There were also issues over how the tickets were distributed (not myself but I spent weeks arguing with people over it), also people have said the manager wasn't backed this January (not something I believe in either).

I couldn't care less if he stays or goes. End of the day I think 99.9% of the fans are more worried in the futures of labadie and butler.