Re: AGM and open Supporters Club Meeting

xisle wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Stan

Seriously

30 minutes for the AGM?
Also is it an AGM for Newport County, or will shareholders of the club who are not paid up members of the Trust be excluded? I wondered why Xisle was so anxious. :grin:
if i see you at the meeting i will say hallo
you will be going i assume
I have flown to the UK three times since I emigrated to watch County. A half hour presentation doesn't really do it for me. Love you use of the word assume. I always believe it is something you shouldn't do. Makes a ASS of U and ME. 8)

Seriously

30 minutes for the AGM?
I've been to many AGM's and can't remember any member asking for an in depth discussion on Tangible and Intangible assets.Everyone will just be interested in expenditure and profit and loss pages at the back.We will all want to know how much we lost but it is old news as it only goes up until last June.If I was a betting man,I'd put a few bob on someone asking what is happening with the FACup money or the RP lease etc.They will be reminded that this part of the evening only deals with the accounts ending last June.Questions will quickly dry up as fans want to know about now not then.30 minutes will be plenty,then the second half will be more interesting.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I have flown to the UK three times since I emigrated to watch County. A half hour presentation doesn't really do it for me. Love you use of the word assume. I always believe it is something you shouldn't do. Makes a ASS of U and ME. 8)
no need to get abbusive
i didnt realise you cared so little about the club
my mistake
at least those who do care will be there

Percy plunkett wrote:

Seriously

30 minutes for the AGM?
I've been to many AGM's and can't remember any member asking for an in depth discussion on Tangible and Intangible assets.Everyone will just be interested in expenditure and profit and loss pages at the back.We will all want to know how much we lost but it is old news as it only goes up until last June.If I was a betting man,I'd put a few bob on someone asking what is happening with the FACup money or the RP lease etc.They will be reminded that this part of the evening only deals with the accounts ending last June.Questions will quickly dry up as fans want to know about now not then.30 minutes will be plenty,then the second half will be more interesting.
Unless someone from the board brings up something like what happened previously.

xisle wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
no need to get abbusive
my mistake
So what your saying is all those exiles, people in work, people with family stuff or people on holiday who cant make it don't care?

Bush wrote:
xisle wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
no need to get abbusive
my mistake
So what your saying is all those exiles, people in work, people with family stuff or people on holiday who cant make it don't care?
or maybe just the ones that call out the board for anything no matter how trivial go on and on and on about asking questions and then dont bother when the chance comes up to do something about it

Harps62 wrote:Sent Alex an e mail 7.30 this morning.

Blimey that's a quick response, asked him why no news and what had happened to the January supporters meeting?

Pretty shocked though that they think our AGM will only take 30 minutes.
So did he actually reply to you then - or did he just frantically arrange the meeting after receiving your email...........................?

It must have been like getting a telegram from the Queen - its probably framed and sat on his desk by now.