Re: Grandstand Port Vale

Anyway, onto the game. I can’t believe how many Negative Nellies we have on here. Slagging off the players, calling them “dogshite”, saying it was a waste of an afternoon.

As 0-0 draws go, that was a decent one. A proper game of two halves, we rode our luck in the first 45 but could have comfortably won it in the second. How McCoulsky missed that chance, I’ll never know. But we looked okay for good chunks of the game, and it’s another point on the board and two consecutive clean sheets - that’s never to be sniffed at.

And a word on Nouble. He was given absolute dogs’ abuse today. The people who cheered when he was taken off should take a long hard look at themselves. He didn’t deserve that. He’d been marked by two Vale men pretty much all afternoon (freeing up space for Podge), and was given lousy service - he’s not bloody Houdini, you can’t expect miracles. Give the guy a break.

if the fans that went there thought that then who are the armchair fans to say anything i wasnt there but if i had paid to go there and thought they wer dogshit then i wd let em k now same as i wd let em know if they were superstars
.breaking news players get bollocked when they are shit and praised when they are good its the nature of the game . ffs

Trev wrote:if the fans that went there thought that then who are the armchair fans to say anything i wasnt there but if i had paid to go there and thought they wer dogshit then i wd let em k now same as i wd let em know if they were superstars
.breaking news players get bollocked when they are shit and praised when they are good its the nature of the game . ffs
Who needs anybody supporting the boys with an attitude like that ffs

When we win we have some of the best fans, when we draw or lose, some need to realise that every other club in league 2 is trying equally as hard as ours. We have no divine right to brush aside much bigger clubs than us on their own patch like Port Vale.
The only thing I would change from our last 5 games would be to have played 5-3-2 against Lincoln , Mansfield and Colchester and 4-3-3 our last two games but that's hindsight for you.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
Harps62 wrote: If fans were cheering Frank being subbed it's a bloody disgrace
Some definitely were. And Frank definitely heard - he did a very obvious double-take as he left the pitch, and he was absent at full-time when the players came over to applaud the fans (unless I missed him). Can’t blame him, TBH.
I don't support abusing our own players during a game but I'd be delighted if he handed in his resignation now, he is stealing a living.

SULLY34 wrote:All those "I'd be happy with mid table at the beginning of the season ", well a dire end to the season finishing in 14-16th place won't convince the likes of Labadie and Butler to stay. It also won't help us attract the better players we need to push on next season. I too would've been happy at the beginning of the season for a mid table finish, but given our form and league position up until January it's very disappointing.
That’s my take on it too. It’s another missed opportunity. If we had not had such a dreadful drop in form then maybe we would have added some of the “casual” fans from the Spurs games too. Sadly we seem expert at such occasions at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I’m sure we are not alone in our disappointment despite what we would have settled for at the beginning of the season, that disappointment will be reflected in attendances. As you say , it’s hardly a selling point when recruiting players either.

Mr Figo wrote:Genuine question: What does Frank bring to the team?
There’s no one better inform atm , McCoulsky not taking chances, Hayes was not fit recently and can’t last full 90, Collins is too far down pecking order, Jackson When on on form is decent but he needs to start a game to be judged fully

We win as a team and we lose has a team. For me booing individual players off is poor. I have no issue with fans booing the team off if it is deserved and I certainly don't have an issue with people coming on here and discussing individual players but singling my out players at the game simply doesn't help anyone.