Re: GRANDSTAND: EXILES v CREWE

Blackandamber wrote:Why is Wilmott getting singled out again? Most of the team were abysmal today. How did Nouble miss that sitter right at the end. O'Brien is too slow to play in a back 4. White is never a right back. What did Tozer do apart from long throws?
True, I replied to a comment about Willmott though. OB and Tozer were woeful today.

AndyWhitedivesagain wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:
Gutted I’ve already bought my Coventry tickets.
Spoken like a true supporter.it was one poor game, we're not Man utd ffs, if you can't take getting beat then you're following the wrong team
I’m not having that. Been following the county since 1971. That performance today was close to the bottom of every game I’ve watched.
What’s the point of offering a discount to attract young fans if the team doesn’t give a shit.
I’ll be there next Friday freezing my bollocks off, as usual, but if that’s the way we’re going to play why should I care, especially as it looks like the players don’t.
Will be loads of kids who went to watch that rubbish today asking their parents for Premier League teams shirts tonight.
I know we ain’t Man U. If we were I wouldn’t use my hard earned to watch.
No offense meant, it was just that one comment

Loyalfoot wrote:I agree it's easy to single a player out but today we all saw the TEAM FAIL to deliver.
Agreed the whole team failed as a unit but why does MF take players off ( Sheehan )and then move Wilmott into the position they playing in rather than take him off...its not once , it happens almost every game
Sheehan wasn't brilliant but at least he was trying. Wilmott was hiding out on the wing having his usual chats with Flynn everytime he went past the bench ?
Wilmott was playing as one of the three attacking players today wasn't he ? Why the hell was White more advanced than him almost every time we attacked in the second half ? When he swapped sides with Collins he was even worse...
Collins was equally as bad as him, if not worse and deserved to get subbed....only 45 minutes too late.

Willmott and Collins were both equally as poor today but for some reason MF subs the only striker we had who was actually trying and keeps those two on for far too long..Sheehan was trying , it wasn't always coming off but at least he was giving it 100%, was Willmott ?

As I have said in the past....Some players don't need to try because they have no competition for their places ( eg Day) or wont be substituted by the manager as they are the managers favourites ( Wilmott)....Nothing or anything that is said on here will convince me otherwise...

[[/quote]
No offense meant, it was just that one comment[/quote]

I understand Daft. I was just that angry I couldn’t help myself. Gutted that as it was the Fiver a person day to attract young fans, it seemed the players couldn’t give a toss.
Hope Flynn gets then in for double training tomorrow to show them that it’s a privelige to wear the Newport County shirt.
They were disgraceful today, apart from Day and McCoulsky.
The rest need to take a long, hard look at themselves. Professionals????
Not on today’s showing

Blackandamber wrote:Why is Wilmott getting singled out again? Most of the team were abysmal today. How did Nouble miss that sitter right at the end. O'Brien is too slow to play in a back 4. White is never a right back. What did Tozer do apart from long throws?
I will tell you why Willmott gets criticised apart from been woeful there are too many people on here and Flynn who think one cross a game that might not be total crap deserves marks of 8 out of 10. Flynn and many are blind to the fact that he is not L2 standard.