Re: Robbie calling out Neil Cork

Exile 1976 wrote:Just look at Twitter and see some of the things Premier League players say to 'fans' who criticize them. This was nothing.
Corky is entitled to his views, some i agree and some i disagree but even as a professional, Willmott should be allowed his too
Fair point. Swearing at fans too though ?

ButchersDog wrote:Mr Cork won't meet him, case proven and closed.

Firstly , why should I ?????
Secondly , Unlike Mr Wilmott , I work 40+ hours a week so couldn't make it to 'training' anyway due to them only training for a few hours a day.
Thirdly , I am not scared of him if that's what anyone thinks and as a few others have pointed out I think it is totally un-professional of him to post the tweet on twitter and I hope that someone at the club has a word with him about it..Unlikely as Kevin Ward seems to back him up with a tweet he has tweeted and he is a board member now isn't he ?
Maybe professional football isn't for him if he cant take a bit of abuse.
I also notice that Exile1976 has posted that he heard Wilmott swear at a fan today when they gave him some stick about a poor cross he made minutes before he was subbed...That's out of order too IMO

neilcork68 wrote:
ButchersDog wrote:Mr Cork won't meet him, case proven and closed.

Firstly , why should I ?????
Secondly , Unlike Mr Wilmott , I work 40+ hours a week so couldn't make it to 'training' anyway due to them only training for a few hours a day.
Thirdly , I am not scared of him if that's what anyone thinks and as a few others have pointed out I think it is totally un-professional of him to post the tweet on twitter and I hope that someone at the club has a word with him about it..Unlikely as Kevin Ward seems to back him up with a tweet he has tweeted and he is a board member now isn't he ?
Maybe professional football isn't for him if he cant take a bit of abuse.
I also notice that Exile1976 has posted that he heard Wilmott swear at a fan today when they gave him some stick about a poor cross he made minutes before he was subbed...That's out of order too IMO

Tbh with you i can kind of understand his tweet to you because you do give him a hell of a lot of stick (even though you are entitled to your opinion), but yes, i agree, he was out of order telling fans to 'f**k off', not once but twice, today.

C'mon A 'Porrrrt wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:So your complaining about me complaining ??????

Whats the point of your complaint ????
No, I’m not. I’m asking why you aren’t taking the chance to get your point across to the very person who you’ve got an issue with. The opportunity to do so may well save you a lot of time and frustration in the future. Who knows, he may actually take on board what you’ve got to say and become a better footballer because of it.
So, I pointed out that you avoid questions, then when you ask what I’m getting at I posted the above, which you then ignored. Are you going to answer me?

C'mon A 'Porrrrt wrote:
C'mon A 'Porrrrt wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:So your complaining about me complaining ??????

Whats the point of your complaint ????
No, I’m not. I’m asking why you aren’t taking the chance to get your point across to the very person who you’ve got an issue with. The opportunity to do so may well save you a lot of time and frustration in the future. Who knows, he may actually take on board what you’ve got to say and become a better footballer because of it.
So, I pointed out that you avoid questions, then when you ask what I’m getting at I posted the above, which you then ignored. Are you going to answer me?

as you can see I posted why when I responded to Butchers Dog....Or doesn't that suit your argument ?

I will repeat it again. I work 40+ hours per week and I am in work when they train, I am also in the process of setting up a new business with my wife so I just wouldn't have the time.
Secondly , why should I have to explain my views to him. He can say what he wants on twitter, so can I on here
Maybe if he cant take constructive criticism of his performances Professional football isn't for him ? IMO he had a poor game last week , why didn't he post the tweet then ? No he waited until he had a better game today before doing it.

Anyway , time for a night cap , watch the cricket then off to bed for a few hours....Come On England.......

I’m just looking for a straightforward answer to a straightforward question. No argument.
If you wanted to meet with him, you could meet. Easy enough to sort out really. I’m sure he’d accommodate your very busy schedule. You just don’t want to though. Haven’t got the bollocks. You shouldn’t try to hide behind this starting up a new business stuff, makes you look a bit stupid.

Firstly Corky is entitled to his opinion on this unofficial message board - a board for us fans to post their opinions and thoughts - every single one of us is different, otherwise it would be a very boring world.

Secondly, Willmott is entirely out of order calling a fan out for criticizing him. If that's what's bothering him in this crazy world then he probably needs to have a good look at himself. If what is being said on here is true about him telling fans to F-off, not once but twice, then in all fairness he needs to decide on whether he actually wants or has the bollox to be a professional footballer.

Thirdly, I have slated him this season as I do not believe he is consistently of L2 standard. He was awesome for about 6 weeks December through to February, that coincided with the Cup run. I was the first to praise him and at the time I genuinely thought he had turned the corner and was going to make me eat my words. After Wembley his form has returned to below L2 level.

Apart from that he has looked very average.He tries very hard, runs his bollox off, BUT doesn't really tackle, his first touch is poor, I'm not sure he reads the game that well and for me, the most important factor for a winger is that his crossing is wildly erratic and more often than not misses the mark.
Somebody on here said he is the best dead ball man in the club - sorry, but his corners are all over the shop and not even sure how many free kicks he's actually taken lately as there are others better than him.

I'd love him to return to the form of that purple patch because he proved he can be one of the better players at our level. God knows we need players that put in and can create chances. Sometimes the formations we use don't suit him, sometimes he gets played in positions that just aren't right (floating behind the forwards in the middle of the park comes to mind), sometimes MF plays him too long when it's plain to see that it's just not working. That's football - and especially L2 football.

I slate Robbie when it's warranted. I praise him when he plays well. I have nothing against him and the only agenda I have is to see NCFC win more games than we lose. IMHO, if he has told our fans to F-off then I do have an issue with him.

Beefy

Robbie played well against Coventry and I was disappointed to see him taken off towards the end of the game. People had been asking the players to 'bleed amber' after last weeks' disappointing performance and I think Robbie epitomised that yesterday. He made some cracking tackles, showed commitment all over the field and played a part in the build up to an excellent County goal. His commitment during the game, his comment on Twitter, and his reaction to comments from the Hazell Stand - at least it shows he really cares.

neilcork68 wrote:First of all I am not worried one bit by what Mr Wilmott posts on Twitter because I may say a few things that upset him. He is supposed to be a 'professional'....Act like one !!!!!!

Strange how he only posts after he has had a half decent game for a change... why didn't he post it last week after his ' crap performance' against Crewe ? (IMO)

In fact if Mr Flynn has anything about him should be having a word with him for what I feel is very 'unprofessional behaviour ' by one of his players 'calling out a fan of over 45 years '... I wont go to the training ground to ' have it out wit you ' just because you don't like what I say about your performances just like I wont get an apology off you for unprofessional ism in calling me out. IMO..
To all the others who think its clever to call me a 'troll'.......No I am not , I am a fan of the club for over 45 years who has spent many , many thousands of pounds supporting the club home and away and I have a right to have my views of the players who get paid to play for the club I support. If I feel that they don't play very well I don'y care whether they agree or not , I have the right to criticise them as long as I don't get personnel, as I believe I don't , or say anything .
Dont worry MR Willmott , my criticism will continue if you continue to play poor (IMO) and I dont give a toss if it upsets you. I am certainly not scared to meet you.... Shut up and do your job you get paid top do and stop posting on twitter trying to 'call out a fan' because you dont like a bit of criticism...Grow up and act like a man..

So you have been supporting Newport County since 1973 or 1974 is that right?