Re: Robbie calling out Neil Cork

Kevinmoorefellover wrote:Robbie played well against Coventry and I was disappointed to see him taken off towards the end of the game. People had been asking the players to 'bleed amber' after last weeks' disappointing performance and I think Robbie epitomised that yesterday. He made some cracking tackles, showed commitment all over the field and played a part in the build up to an excellent County goal. His commitment during the game, his comment on Twitter, and his reaction to comments from the Hazell Stand - at least it shows he really cares.

He was taken off because he asked to come off as he had a knock.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Kevinmoorefellover wrote:Robbie played well against Coventry and I was disappointed to see him taken off towards the end of the game. People had been asking the players to 'bleed amber' after last weeks' disappointing performance and I think Robbie epitomised that yesterday. He made some cracking tackles, showed commitment all over the field and played a part in the build up to an excellent County goal. His commitment during the game, his comment on Twitter, and his reaction to comments from the Hazell Stand - at least it shows he really cares.

He was taken off because he asked to come off as he had a knock.
Cheers - I didn't realise he had taken a knock.

He had a great game yesterday, he put more tackles in than I've seen him do before. BUT swearing at fans and his 'paddy' on Twitter to me doesn't show he cares. Amateurish, non-professional behaviour. He played as well as anyone then ruined it for himself. He has done this before.....funny enough it was after he had a great game.

I also witnessed him telling the fans to "F Off".

I didn't like seeing that but at the same time I didn't hear what those fans were shouting at Robbie.

I think he's just a sensitive guy and the negative criticism seems to effect him.

So let's get behind him, after all just as Mr Cork claims he genuinely cares about the club too.

bignbeefy wrote:Firstly Corky is entitled to his opinion on this unofficial message board - a board for us fans to post their opinions and thoughts - every single one of us is different, otherwise it would be a very boring world.

Secondly, Willmott is entirely out of order calling a fan out for criticizing him. If that's what's bothering him in this crazy world then he probably needs to have a good look at himself. If what is being said on here is true about him telling fans to F-off, not once but twice, then in all fairness he needs to decide on whether he actually wants or has the bollox to be a professional footballer.

Thirdly, I have slated him this season as I do not believe he is consistently of L2 standard. He was awesome for about 6 weeks December through to February, that coincided with the Cup run. I was the first to praise him and at the time I genuinely thought he had turned the corner and was going to make me eat my words. After Wembley his form has returned to below L2 level.

Apart from that he has looked very average.He tries very hard, runs his bollox off, BUT doesn't really tackle, his first touch is poor, I'm not sure he reads the game that well and for me, the most important factor for a winger is that his crossing is wildly erratic and more often than not misses the mark.
Somebody on here said he is the best dead ball man in the club - sorry, but his corners are all over the shop and not even sure how many free kicks he's actually taken lately as there are others better than him.

I'd love him to return to the form of that purple patch because he proved he can be one of the better players at our level. God knows we need players that put in and can create chances. Sometimes the formations we use don't suit him, sometimes he gets played in positions that just aren't right (floating behind the forwards in the middle of the park comes to mind), sometimes MF plays him too long when it's plain to see that it's just not working. That's football - and especially L2 football.

I slate Robbie when it's warranted. I praise him when he plays well. I have nothing against him and the only agenda I have is to see NCFC win more games than we lose. IMHO, if he has told our fans to F-off then I do have an issue with him.

Beefy
Absolutely spot on Beefy

I thought Robbie started quietly yesterday but raised him game when he realised that Cov were dominating the midfield but he is still not strong enough in the midfield for me. What concerns me is the lack of depth in midfield. Four strikers/attacking players on the bench yesterday and this is something that Flynny will no doubt know he needs to address in the off season.
Last edited by Mr Figo on March 31st, 2018, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baladabadi wrote:I also witnessed him telling the fans to "F Off".

I didn't like seeing that but at the same time I didn't hear what those fans were shouting at Robbie.

I think he's just a sensitive guy and the negative criticism seems to effect him.

So let's get behind him, after all just as Mr Cork claims he genuinely cares about the club too.
I don't think telling fans who pay hard earned cash to watch professionals to F@@@ off is a reason to get behind him - he has done this before. For me he is an average player played fine yesterday but he gets stick partly for reasons beyond his control. He is in some ways too much of a utility payer so what role does he play - best for me out wide and there are too many on here who praise his every breath which irritates people who call it more as it is.
The club should take action against him for comments to fans and the tweet.

County ranger wrote:
Baladabadi wrote:I also witnessed him telling the fans to "F Off".

I don't think telling fans who pay hard earned cash to watch professionals to F@@@ off is a reason to get behind him - he has done this before. For me he is an average player played fine yesterday but he gets stick partly for reasons beyond his control. He is in some ways too much of a utility payer so what role does he play - best for me out wide and there are too many on here who praise his every breath which irritates people who call it more as it is.
The club should take action against him for comments to fans and the tweet.
100% agreed

Players, like most people in life, usually resort to telling people to f*** off after getting abuse themselves.
Thankfully there are far more level-headed supporters with some self control and are able to refrain from shouting out.

A lot of fans stayed behind yesterday to applaud the players after a decent display, and the players responded likewise.
I think that is more reflective of our fan base than the whiny tossers on here..............

whoareya wrote:Players, like most people in life, usually resort to telling people to f*** off after getting abuse themselves.
Thankfully there are far more level-headed supporters with some self control and are able to refrain from shouting out.

A lot of fans stayed behind yesterday to applaud the players after a decent display, and the players responded likewise.
I think that is more reflective of our fan base than the whiny tossers on here..............
I stayed behind to applaud all the players off. I also moan about players if they put in a poor performance. I most certainly am not a whiny ******. It's part and parcel of the game. Take the rough with the smooth. Because the thread is about Robbie, that is who I will comment about. He had a very good game yesterday, one of his better games. I was praising him, something I don't always do. He lacks the confidence to beat a man or take a shot. He found himself in some great positions yesterday to take the full back on or take a shot....he didn't, very frustrating. Even Flynny called over to him at one stage to shoot. Many people see him as a wide player, not a CM. He would need to beat his man more often to be a success out wide. People who worship his crossing should really come back down to earth, it's ok. His work rate yesterday was immense as was his tackling. His childish rant calling out Corky was pathetic as was swearing at fans. So positives and negatives from yesterday.

Reading between the lines of what I’ve seen and heard from previous interviews with Robbie and Flynny, in fact it was quite obvious to be honest, but it seems as though everyone on here has missed it, Robbie suffers from depression and at one point due to this asked the club to terminate his contract but Flynny did what any good manager should do and put an arm around him which gave him the confidence to continue playing football.
I have no doubts that had corkscrew or anybody else for that matter had realised this then they would have been a bit more mindful with their comments and the continuous slating of the fella, I’m not saying he can’t be criticised for having a bad game when he does actually have a bad one, but sometimes it seems as if he gets criticised just for the sake of it.

Newportonian wrote:Reading between the lines of what I’ve seen and heard from previous interviews with Robbie and Flynny, in fact it was quite obvious to be honest, but it seems as though everyone on here has missed it, Robbie suffers from depression and at one point due to this asked the club to terminate his contract but Flynny did what any good manager should do and put an arm around him which gave him the confidence to continue playing football.
I have no doubts that had corkscrew or anybody else for that matter had realised this then they would have been a bit more mindful with their comments and the continuous slating of the fella, I’m not saying he can’t be criticised for having a bad game when he does actually have a bad one, but sometimes it seems as if he gets criticised just for the sake of it.
That's a fair point. From my own point of view and not others, if he has a good game I'll put my hands up and say so. Is he in our best 11.....definitely not.

SULLY34 wrote: Because the thread is about Robbie, that is who I will comment about. He had a very good game yesterday, one of his better games. I was praising him, something I don't always do. He lacks the confidence to beat a man or take a shot. He found himself in some great positions yesterday to take the full back on or take a shot....he didn't, very frustrating.
I wonder why that is ...............................?