Re: Transfer targets

Bush wrote:
Kevinmoorefellover wrote:Alex Samuel has been released by Stevenage.
Flynny likes working with players he knows. I would not be surprised one iota if we sign Samuel. I personally wouldn’t be against it either.
Looked okay in a struggling side last year.

Did he score at all this season?
Couldn't even make the bench towards end of this season in an average Stevenage squad..
Why would we want to go backwards.
No thanks.

jollysuperstar wrote:
Bush wrote:
Kevinmoorefellover wrote:Alex Samuel has been released by Stevenage.
Flynny likes working with players he knows. I would not be surprised one iota if we sign Samuel. I personally wouldn’t be against it either.
Looked okay in a struggling side last year.

Did he score at all this season?
Couldn't even make the bench towards end of this season in an average Stevenage squad..
Why would we want to go backwards.
No thanks.
Absolutely agree could not get a place or score for a side we aspire to do better than. As MF has said we need a 20 goal striker not a hard worker who does not score!

excessbee wrote:If we're thinking about recent loanees, I suggest Rhys Healey ahead of Samuel.
Why not both? Along with amond and a possible new target man not called Marlon Jackson we might have a good set of strikers who offer alternative attributes. Plus more importantly cheap!

Bush wrote:Not sure we would be still in the league if he hadn’t played for us. With his and podge’s work rate we might just actually find a partnership that works. As I said I wouldn’t be surprised to see him return at all.
Did he score any goals for us - ran around a lot as I remember but no real end product. The irony is people prob rate him above Frank who has netted 10 times.
Samuel would be a backward step - he had his chance through the grass was greener and was found wanting at a club that finished below us does that inspire me - no’

Believe he was voted player of the season (maybe wrong) but was not bothered to clear off straight away to Stevenage.
Certainly did not comment about him last season as I was not on here.
Still no idea who was voted player of the season this year by County supporters as never even saw a voting point or who won the MOM on here?
Last edited by jollysuperstar on May 8th, 2018, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

County ranger wrote:
Bush wrote:Not sure we would be still in the league if he hadn’t played for us. With his and podge’s work rate we might just actually find a partnership that works. As I said I wouldn’t be surprised to see him return at all.
Did he score any goals for us - ran around a lot as I remember but no real end product. The irony is people prob rate him above Frank who has netted 10 times.
Samuel would be a backward step - he had his chance through the grass was greener and was found wanting at a club that finished below us does that inspire me - no’
He made the right choice at that time for him. We couldn’t offer him a deal when we didn’t know what league we were on. He was a massive player in helping us escape relegation. When I look at the likes of collins, Reynolds and Jackson currently in the squad I think yes he would be an improvement on what we got.

jollysuperstar wrote:Believe he was voted player of the season (maybe wrong) but was not bothered to clear off straight away to Stevenage.
Certainly did not comment about him last season as I was not on here.
Still no idea who was voted player of the season this year by County supporters as never even saw a voting point or who won the MOM on here?

You did comment about him last year, you thought he was a class player who might even have done enough with us to have got a new deal with Swansea. :shock:

Dan Butler was voted Supporters Player of the Year, (don't get that myself as he wouldn't even have been in my top 2 defenders of the year, let alone player) this has been mentioned on the clubs official website, FB and Twitter pages.

Voting forms were in the ground.

Bush wrote:
County ranger wrote:
He made the right choice at that time for him. We couldn’t offer him a deal when we didn’t know what league we were on. He was a massive player in helping us escape relegation. When I look at the likes of collins, Reynolds and Jackson currently in the squad I think yes he would be an improvement on what we got.
If a new striker only has to be better than those three we are setting our sights low with the exception of Reynolds who may mature into full time football the other two have had their chance and are not good enough.
I think Samuel signed for Stevenage in close season so knew we were L2 I think he is all effort and little quality and why should we bail him out he tried he failed goodbye!