League 2 Club Accounts

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

faerun exile

Posts

753

League 2 Club Accounts

Postby faerun exile » April 12th, 2018, 7:17 pm

Taken from 1FF

Notts County lost £1.5m last year and currently losing £30k pw this season. Plus owe £4.3m to parent company.

Coventry lost £1.1m last year.

Chesterfield lost £506k last year.

FGR lost £2.48m last year (wage bill £2.4m). Losing £46k pw.

Luton lost £1.6m last year. Previous season losses £0.7m, £1.4m and £2.9m.

Lincoln made a £1.3m pre tax profit last season due to cup run and increased attendances.

Wonder what our accounts will be like ? Above shows what we are up against.
Last edited by faerun exile on April 13th, 2018, 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

SULLY34

Posts

1163

Location

Newport

Re: Notts County Accounts

Postby SULLY34 » April 12th, 2018, 7:19 pm

faerun exile wrote:Taken from 1FF

Lost £1.5m last year and currently losing £30k pw this season. Plus owe £4.3m to parent company.

They also want to sign Joey Barton for next season.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

5756

Location

Sheffield

Re: Notts County Accounts

Postby Amberexile » April 12th, 2018, 10:28 pm

Don't they have a business "plan" where they aim to break even in about 5 years' time?
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Posts

603

Re: Notts County Accounts

Postby Alan G Bryant » April 12th, 2018, 10:41 pm

Amberexile wrote:Don't they have a business "plan" where they aim to break even in about 5 years' time?


Yes, I remember reading something that included knocking down a stand and replacing it with flats apartments, restaurants or a hotel overlooking the pitch to initially fund a new training complex, incredibly a big club like Notts county do not own one. I think he used Leyton Orient as an example.
no avatar
User

Threadbare

Posts

153

Re: Notts County Accounts

Postby Threadbare » April 12th, 2018, 10:48 pm

Great City centre stadium. Hope they look after it !
no avatar
User

Corpaboy

Posts

3720

Re: Notts County Accounts

Postby Corpaboy » April 13th, 2018, 7:31 am

Threadbare wrote:Great City centre stadium. Hope they look after it !


They could always sell it and share with Forest ?
:shock: :shock:
no avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

6130

Re: Notts County Accounts

Postby newgroundrodney » April 13th, 2018, 11:09 am

Corpaboy wrote:
Threadbare wrote:Great City centre stadium. Hope they look after it !


They could always sell it and share with Forest ?
:shock: :shock:



How would 'primacy of fixtures' work, if two FOOTBALL clubs share?....both would be required to have primacy surely?
no avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

6130

Re: League 2 Club Accounts

Postby newgroundrodney » April 13th, 2018, 11:13 am

faerun exile wrote:Taken from 1FF

Notts County lost £1.5m last year and currently losing £30k pw this season. Plus owe £4.3m to parent company.

Coventry lost £1.1m last year.

Chesterfield lost £506k last year.

FGR lost £2.48m last year (wage bill £2.4m). Losing £46k pw.

Luton lost £1.6m last year. Previous season losses £0.7m, £1.4m and £2.9m.

Lincoln made a £1.3m pre tax profit last season due to cup run and increased attendances.

Wonder what our accounts will be like ? Above shows what we are up against.



All these businesses losing money every week yet still trading. I can only assume their bills are getting paid on time, because if not, then surely they should be made insolvent, and isn't trading while insolvent illegal?
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10171

Re: Notts County Accounts

Postby Stan A. Einstein » April 13th, 2018, 11:13 am

newgroundrodney wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:
Threadbare wrote:Great City centre stadium. Hope they look after it !


They could always sell it and share with Forest ?
:shock: :shock:



How would 'primacy of fixtures' work, if two FOOTBALL clubs share?....both would be required to have primacy surely?


Quite simple really. When Nott'm Forest are at home, Notts County play away and vice versa.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

5756

Location

Sheffield

Re: League 2 Club Accounts

Postby Amberexile » April 13th, 2018, 11:28 am

Yes, there is an exception to the primacy of fixture regulation where two Clubs share.

Who is online

Powered by phpBB ®