The forgotten Man

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

The forgotten Man

Postby Percy plunkett » April 15th, 2018, 8:26 pm

The Gus talk of seven players who are out of contract in July and looking for new deals.Even MF doesn't mention him even though he's an International player.He hasn't played a full league appearance with just two brief sub apps in August but with the five players unavailable,he did make the bench yesterday.Most fans wouldn't recognise him as he has been so underused but he is the eighth player out of contract.
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Re: The forgotten Man

Postby Cornish Exile » April 15th, 2018, 8:56 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:The Gus talk of seven players who are out of contract in July and looking for new deals.Even MF doesn't mention him even though he's an International player.He hasn't played a full league appearance with just two brief sub apps in August but with the five players unavailable,he did make the bench yesterday.Most fans wouldn't recognise him as he has been so underused but he is the eighth player out of contract.

I presume you're referring to Jahraldo-Martin.

Another "forgotten man" is Jamie Turley, currently performing consistently on loan with promotion chasing Boreham Wood.
User

daftasfxxx

Newport

Postby daftasfxxx » April 15th, 2018, 9:21 pm

From what I've seen of Turley non league is about his level
User

Bush

Postby Bush » April 16th, 2018, 12:45 pm

Harps was raving about him after he played 45mins in a cup game no one watched!
User

penycwm county

Pembrokeshire

Postby penycwm county » April 16th, 2018, 4:34 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:The Gus talk of seven players who are out of contract in July and looking for new deals.Even MF doesn't mention him even though he's an International player.He hasn't played a full league appearance with just two brief sub apps in August but with the five players unavailable,he did make the bench yesterday.Most fans wouldn't recognise him as he has been so underused but he is the eighth player out of contract.

you forgot to mention his name :lol: he truly is forgotten.
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Postby Cornish Exile » April 16th, 2018, 7:13 pm

daftasfxxx wrote:From what I've seen of Turley non league is about his level

He only made 6 league appearances before a serious injury kept him out for the rest of the season. Not really fair to assess him on that.
User

Bush

Postby Bush » April 16th, 2018, 7:18 pm

Cornish Exile wrote:

He only made 6 league appearances before a serious injury kept him out for the rest of the season. Not really fair to assess him on that.

Didn’t we not win any of those 6? Maybe why the manager decided with 12 months left on his contract to farm him out to the league below to see his contract out and put foulston in the squad instead.
no avatar
User

Vectis

Postby Vectis » April 16th, 2018, 10:40 pm

Bush wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:

Didn’t we not win any of those 6? Maybe why the manager decided with 12 months left on his contract to farm him out to the league below to see his contract out and put foulston in the squad instead.

We certainly won one of those games... He scored the only goal in our win at Orient.