Re: Tonight's games

Swindon , Coventry , Exeter, 13 points picked up.

People always look at the games we dropped points not where we picked them up unexpectedly. Maybe we prepare for the tougher games on paper with more intensity, maybe the bigger teams treated us with little respect, either way it has been a great season and something to consider for next season.

Alan G Bryant wrote:Swindon , Coventry , Exeter, 13 points picked up.

People always look at the games we dropped points not where we picked them up unexpectedly. Maybe we prepare for the tougher games on paper with more intensity, maybe the bigger teams treated us with little respect, either way it has been a great season and something to consider for next season.
Don’t disagree with that. Just a shame we dropped so many points at home against poor sides.

ref23 wrote:At least 4 of those games we conceded fairly late goals, whilst sitting back trying to manage the game out to a conclusion. That's something we need to stop doing next season.
I agree. I haven't checked but the number of points gained from losing positions seems far lower than the number of points dropped from winning positions.

Edit.

I should add that clearly a late equalizer only garners one point whilst a late equalizer for the opposition loses two points. Nonetheless we seem to get mugged more often than we mug other teams.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
ref23 wrote:At least 4 of those games we conceded fairly late goals, whilst sitting back trying to manage the game out to a conclusion. That's something we need to stop doing next season.
I agree. I haven't checked but the number of points gained from losing positions seems far lower than the number of points dropped from winning positions.

Edit.

I should add that clearly a late equalizer only garners one point whilst a late equalizer for the opposition loses two points. Nonetheless we seem to get mugged more often than we mug other teams.
Worthy of note, is that in the 53 league games so far under Mike Flynn, we have a goal difference of (-4)..... we've collected 49.68% of the points available to us. So we're not dropping points left, right & centre, but we're not killing teams off either.