Re: Apparently there's a football tournament in Russia

Worst 2 sides in the World Cup so far !!

England never fail to drag a decent competition down to their level .
Columbia should never play in another World Cup as far as I'm concerned , but England were absolute GARBAGE !!!

I cannot think of a decent shot on goal that they had apart from Kane's penalty to put them 1 up ?

It was like watching County under Butcher and Westley ....... except for the fact that they won a game of football !
That's as far as they'll go I'd say ...... hope I'm wrong .

JonD wrote:I’ve overcome my customary anti-England bias by:
1) avoiding reading about them in the media
2) muting pre-match and post-match tv punditry as soon as the presenter drags the subject back to England
3) deep down knowing England aren’t really very good (though they’re looking better than I had expected).
Footage of the 'fans' back home is my only irritation - flipflop-wearing lightweight Millennials throwing plastic lager glasses in the air.

***shakes head***

whoareya wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:Just makes you think ....... if Wales had qualified , we could've done some damage over there .

But .... we didn't ! So .......... come on SWEDEN
Didn't have you down as a bitter taff !

Can't see how anyone wouldn't want the only Home Country there to do well.
I'm not a "taff" . I am Welsh but not from anywhere near the River Taff , mate !
No offence like :wink:
For the record I'm glad England dumped that disgusting side Columbia out .
But I think unless they actually start passing the ball and having a few more shots on goal other than penalties , that's as far as they'll go .

How ironic that most of the goals England have scored so far have been from the penalty spot ?

Not an England fan but I do certainly wish them well in this tournament.

Last night Colombia were disgraceful. The coach just has to take responsibility for the behaviour of his players. The coach/gofer/water carrier guy pushing Raheem Sterling at half time was out of order. When the ref chatted to him he indicated that he was pushed. When the ref went away he laughed with his colleague. They got what they deserved and I have no sympathy at all. I hope their flight home is a bumpy one.

Reality check - England are no world beaters. They may beat Sweden but if Croatia don't do them in the semi finals then in the final either France, Brazil or Belgium will. Heartache awaits for England fans. They always insist in bigging themselves up, they never learn. Football's coming home - I don't think so.