How many players coming in ?

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

SULLY34

Posts

1082

Location

Newport

How many players coming in ?

Postby SULLY34 » June 14th, 2018, 10:32 pm

14 players already signed on so how many do we think are coming in ? Personally I can't see Touray or Foulston getting much game time and are TOE and Reynolds in Flynny's plans ? I think that takes us down to 10 as Flynny has already stated that he'll look to send some out on loan. I think we'll need to bring in 10 ( including loans ).
no avatar
User

Loyalfoot

Posts

237

Re: How many players coming in ?

Postby Loyalfoot » June 15th, 2018, 9:31 am

Let's hope we hear some good news soon. Pre season is just 2 weeks away now.
no avatar
User

jollysuperstar

Posts

244

Re: How many players coming in ?

Postby jollysuperstar » June 15th, 2018, 10:44 am

Another Friday comes around with no news.
Looks like a team of trialists will be making up the squad.
Worried for sure.
no avatar
User

rugged

Posts

194

Re: How many players coming in ?

Postby rugged » June 15th, 2018, 11:18 am

5 Aside football it is then!!
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Posts

1507

Re: How many players coming in ?

Postby Willthiswork » June 15th, 2018, 11:18 am

rugged wrote:5 Aside football it is then!!
At least we have a suitable venue now in Newport! :D
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

13802

Location

MT

Re: How many players coming in ?

Postby Exile 1976 » June 15th, 2018, 11:23 am

Still two weeks until the players get together for pre season training, no need to worry...... yet
User avatar
User

JonD

Posts

1637

Location

Corridor of Uncertainty

Re: How many players coming in ?

Postby JonD » June 15th, 2018, 11:52 am

Pretty much anyone who saw Crewe away in 2016/17 would have had high hopes for Tom Owen-Evans. He and Alex Samuel simply wore Crewe out with their energy, and driving runs, I am still hopeful Tom gets a run of games in a role that suits him.

If we're going with the hoofball, though, he's better getting out now before his confidence is completely shot.
User avatar
User

rdh2210

Posts

296

Re: How many players coming in ?

Postby rdh2210 » June 15th, 2018, 12:15 pm

7 permanent signings and 3 loans in my opinion.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

5539

Location

Sheffield

Re: How many players coming in ?

Postby Amberexile » June 15th, 2018, 12:42 pm

Yes, an average of about 1 permanent signing per week up to the start of the season sounds about right.
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Posts

4220

Re: How many players coming in ?

Postby Cornish Exile » June 15th, 2018, 4:46 pm

From what I remember, I may be wrong, the only new signing this time last year was Robbie Willmott., most arriving late June or early

July. Amond wasn't signed until August.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Posts

3003

Location

Caerphilly

Re: How many players coming in ?

Postby rncfc » June 15th, 2018, 5:18 pm

Cornish Exile wrote:From what I remember, I may be wrong, the only new signing this time last year was Robbie Willmott., most arriving late June or early

July. Amond wasn't signed until August.


I’m sure loyalfoot will be able to tell us when Robbie signed.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

13802

Location

MT

Re: How many players coming in ?

Postby Exile 1976 » June 15th, 2018, 5:19 pm

Cornish Exile wrote:From what I remember, I may be wrong, the only new signing this time last year was Robbie Willmott., most arriving late June or early

July. Amond wasn't signed until August.



Remember the window shuts earlier this season.
9th August with loan window open until end of August
no avatar
User

jollysuperstar

Posts

244

Re: How many players coming in ?

Postby jollysuperstar » June 15th, 2018, 5:31 pm

We have parted with 12 players during last season.
Forget any loanees.
By 1st July we had signed Dolan, Robbie, Lamar & Pipey.
Frank also but now departed,
Padraig came in well after the season had kicked off.
To match that as 2 leaving were youngsters the goalie to Leicester and Kavanagh to Rovers.
We need at least 8 as we had Ben W from the start plus Cole both on years loan although Cole got crocked.
Like somebody said 5 a side when we return in 2 weeks time.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

13802

Location

MT

Re: How many players coming in ?

Postby Exile 1976 » June 15th, 2018, 5:42 pm

jollysuperstar wrote:We have parted with 12 players during last season.
Forget any loanees.
By 1st July we had signed Dolan, Robbie, Lamar & Pipey.
Frank also but now departed,
Padraig came in well after the season had kicked off.
To match that as 2 leaving were youngsters the goalie to Leicester and Kavanagh to Rovers.
We need at least 8 as we had Ben W from the start plus Cole both on years loan although Cole got crocked.
Like somebody said 5 a side when we return in 2 weeks time.



Genuinely can't believe there are fans that are really worried. The players don't meet up for another 2 weeks so there's no rush in signing them. If we start pre season with the amount of players we have now, then that's the time to worry :lol:
no avatar
User

SULLY34

Posts

1082

Location

Newport

Re: How many players coming in ?

Postby SULLY34 » June 15th, 2018, 6:01 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:We have parted with 12 players during last season.
Forget any loanees.
By 1st July we had signed Dolan, Robbie, Lamar & Pipey.
Frank also but now departed,
Padraig came in well after the season had kicked off.
To match that as 2 leaving were youngsters the goalie to Leicester and Kavanagh to Rovers.
We need at least 8 as we had Ben W from the start plus Cole both on years loan although Cole got crocked.
Like somebody said 5 a side when we return in 2 weeks time.



Genuinely can't believe there are fans that are really worried. The players don't meet up for another 2 weeks so there's no rush in signing them. If we start pre season with the amount of players we have now, then that's the time to worry :lol:

2 weeks to pre season. They'll still be wearing last season's shirts too if we've got no sponsor.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bedeck, big daddio, butlinsamber, Exile 1976 and 49 guests

Powered by phpBB ®