Re: Labadie future to be decided this week

Amberexile wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:MF shouldn't let him dictate.....Lay down the law or withdraw the offer and move on
What is it that Labadie is dictating here?
Hi Paul,

He has been made an offer which thus far he has not accepted nor refused. In terms he has said I am waiting to see if anything better will come along.

Don't blame him for trying it on but that my club are letting him is gutless on our part. That's my view and everyone is entitled to agree or disagree.

lol at this.

The club offer a player a contract he doesn’t take it, but gets badly injured afterwards.

Towards the end of this contract the club offer him a different deal (which presumably takes into account he is injured so probably pay as you play)

The club gives the player a certain amount of time to accept the new deal.

According to Stan ‘off his tits’ Einstein that makes a the club gutless. you couldn’t make it up.

DT1892 wrote:Don't see how we benefit from just walking away, nor how it makes us 'gutless'. Labadie probably is the best player I've seen in a County shirt. Whether he will reach that level again, nobody knows, but we certainly won't get a player of his quality off the market at the moment.
The point being that in any business you offer people a fair deal. They quite properly can either accept or decline an offer. Now as I made clear I don't blame any party in any negotiation trying to get the best deal he or she can. However in the Labadie situation it is now clear that he has neither said yes or no. My view is that Newport County should now withdraw the offer. Otherwise we are in effect saying we need you more than you need us.

A strong club and a strong manager would not put up with this. Once one player is allowed to say, you wait for me, it makes it very difficult to negotiate in future. You are perfectly entitled to disagree with that analysis but I believe it to be sound.

Incidentally I inadvertently read Jimmy Exile's latest 'contribution'. He does seem a very angry young man doesn't he? Must be the heat. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DT1892 wrote:Don't see how we benefit from just walking away, nor how it makes us 'gutless'. Labadie probably is the best player I've seen in a County shirt. Whether he will reach that level again, nobody knows, but we certainly won't get a player of his quality off the market at the moment.
The point being that in any business you offer people a fair deal. They quite properly can either accept or decline an offer. Now as I made clear I don't blame any party in any negotiation trying to get the best deal he or she can. However in the Labadie situation it is now clear that he has neither said yes or no. My view is that Newport County should now withdraw the offer. Otherwise we are in effect saying we need you more than you need us.

A strong club and a strong manager would not put up with this. Once one player is allowed to say, you wait for me, it makes it very difficult to negotiate in future. You are perfectly entitled to disagree with that analysis but I believe it to be sound.

Incidentally I inadvertently read Jimmy Exile's latest 'contribution'. He does seem a very angry young man doesn't he? Must be the heat. :grin:
The converse view is that a weak board and a weak manager would have offered him a comparable contract to what he is currently on. They clearly haven't and without knowing the details I do not feel you can comment. For all we know they may have offered him a deal on a pay as you play basis.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

The converse view is that a weak board and a weak manager would have offered him a comparable contract to what he is currently on. They clearly haven't and without knowing the details I do not feel you can comment. For all we know they may have offered him a deal on a pay as you play basis.
As I don't know what deal was offered I can't comment on the deal. I can comment on the admissibility of giving too long a period to make a decision.

Michael Flynn made it clear that Labadie was not offered a deal on a play and pay basis. Sorry Alan but once again you are talking nonsense.
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on June 30th, 2018, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:MF shouldn't let him dictate.....Lay down the law or withdraw the offer and move on
What is it that Labadie is dictating here?
Hi Paul,

He has been made an offer which thus far he has not accepted nor refused. In terms he has said I am waiting to see if anything better will come along.

Don't blame him for trying it on but that my club are letting him is gutless on our part. That's my view and everyone is entitled to agree or disagree.
Hi Brendan,

That doesn't really explain "What is it that Labadie is dictating here?"

As far as I can see all he has done is to not accept the offer made to him by the club.

I can't see that he is in any way dictating to the club. We don't even know whether he has put a counter proposal to them. Or do we?

Amberexile wrote:
I can't see that he is in any way dictating to the club. We don't even know whether he has put a counter proposal to them. Or do we?
A a matter of law, a counter offer is automatically a rejection of an offer. My view is that we should say, thanks for all your hard work, good luck for your future.

If Josh then decides that he doesn't want to move on then I would say. Delighted to have you back, sadly you'll have to settle for less than we offered you in May.

Exile 1976 wrote:I assume he hasn't simply been made a 'take it or leave it' deal as Flynny has been in negotiations with him even this week.
He (Labs) was given until the end if the month to decide, that's here now.
Let's see what Flynny has to say on Monday.
I think your last sentence is the most sensible comment on this thread. Presuming of course we do hear from MF Monday?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
A a matter of law, a counter offer is automatically a rejection of an offer. My view is that we should say, thanks for all your hard work, good luck for your future.

If Josh then decides that he doesn't want to move on then I would say. Delighted to have you back, sadly you'll have to settle for less than we offered you in May.
I know, that's why I asked the question. Since we don't know that he hasn't made a counter offer we equally don't know he hasn't rejected the offer.

So what is it that he is dictating?