Re: Interbet.com New Main sponsor

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote: We will have been paid money up front too.

You think?

Then again you thought interbet were the African Company of the same name. Sorry I don't want to cause ructions but I am very concerned. And if my fears are confirmed then should the season start with my club advertising a web page and nothing else, we will be a laughing stock.

Again. :(

Yes I do think. Why, when do you think we'll get money from them?
Also regarding your usual smarmy, smart arse comment, I was told they were part of that African betting company, it appears they are not.
To answer your question, never.

Baladabadi wrote:Basic credit checks would have been carried out during the negotiation stage.

If the company has no/bad credit history then it's cash up front.

So everything should be fine, no need for the negativity.
And how precisely do you suppose that a basic credit check is carried out on a company which does not exist?

As for cash up front, well I genuinely hope that you are correct. You will forgive me for being negative, it's just that we do have history in this area and it's not a good one.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Baladabadi wrote:Basic credit checks would have been carried out during the negotiation stage.

If the company has no/bad credit history then it's cash up front.

So everything should be fine, no need for the negativity.
And how precisely do you suppose that a basic credit check is carried out on a company which does not exist?

As for cash up front, well I genuinely hope that you are correct. You will forgive me for being negative, it's just that we do have history in this area and it's not a good one.
As I said, if a company has no credit history, a down payment would usually be required be it 25%, 50% or the full amount.

A company could go bust at any time which means creditors often do not get any money owed.

The worst case scenario of this sponsor falling through would not mean the end of our club.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Don't knock Leon Hughes.

As well as Betbro, there is Rhino Recruitment, or Rhino Recruiting, he isn't quite sure what that one is called. Hardly surprising as he is also a director of Hughes Advertising. aka UK Free bets limited.

He is not so much a Captain of industry more a Field Marshall. His figure is on the pulse, his companies are highly recommended and regarded, both nationally and internationally. And that must be true because his linkedin site says so. Okay the Captain, Field Marshall analogy I made up.

Worried? Not me. What could possibly go wrong?

In fairness, there is not much that can go wrong and given the lack of support you have from the usual doom mongers on this thread, it seems they agree.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Don't knock Leon Hughes.

As well as Betbro, there is Rhino Recruitment, or Rhino Recruiting, he isn't quite sure what that one is called. Hardly surprising as he is also a director of Hughes Advertising. aka UK Free bets limited.

He is not so much a Captain of industry more a Field Marshall. His figure is on the pulse, his companies are highly recommended and regarded, both nationally and internationally. And that must be true because his linkedin site says so. Okay the Captain, Field Marshall analogy I made up.

Worried? Not me. What could possibly go wrong?

In fairness, there is not much that can go wrong and given the lack of support you have from the usual doom mongers on this thread, it seems they agree.

Two points.

Firstly it is very silly to claim that you know what others are thinking before they have spoken.

But secondly and as importantly, if you are in a minority of one and you are right, you are right. Now the fullness of time will doubtless resolve this matter. At present Newport County have as their main sponsor a company which does not exist. This causes me grave concern. Not just because of the sponsorship but because also it lends to the suggestion that the officials at our club don't know what they are doing.

I could be wrong, I genuinely hope that I am wrong. Time will tell.

Lol. What always makes me laugh is how stan regularly calls me and others thick but ends up with egg on his face time and time again by being thick himself.

Stan doesn’t realise that companies have trading names. Stan doesn’t realise that people have large shareholdings in companies but don’t need to be a director.

Stan can’t use google because if he did he would see that the guy has got a company called Gambull Ltd which has been going for 8 years.

Don’t be like stan, kids.

Stan is stupid.

Jimmy Exile wrote:Some more for silly stan:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/offi ... pointments

The residential house listed as correspondence was bought for £1.2milliom quid.

So the guy can afford to buy a house for £1.2mill but can’t afford to sponsor us.

Silly stan.
I have around 500 customers that I look after, virtually everyone has a web site from multi million pound turnovers down to the one man band repair man.
Our sponsor has not even got one set up yet.
So the fella has a million pound house big deal
Sure Sherman had one maybe more.
Never met Stan in my life but I believe he is a retired barrister.
Obviously you need to be totally thick and stupid to get to that position in life.
Jimmy turn the record over its boring everyone apart from your mate AGB.
It looks like Sherman all over again.
Kevin get on here please and tell us the board have made stringent checks on this fella please.
Those stating it doesn't matter who he is as long as we get a few bob up front are in dream world.
Sherman put the team up in top London hotels when playing away and the hotels assumed he must be good for the money until the cheque failed to turn up.
By the way sorry to say I wish all our new players the very best but unless we get a few better standard and potential next season will be a struggle.
Like for like we have either stayed the same or gone backwards
Lets hope Flynny can walk on water!!

jollysuperstar wrote:

So the guy can afford to buy a house for £1.2mill but can’t afford to sponsor us.

Silly stan.
I have around 500 customers that I look after, virtually everyone has a web site from multi million pound turnovers down to the one man band repair man.
Obviously you need to be totally thick and stupid to get to that position in life.
Kevin get on here please and tell us the board have made stringent checks on this fella please.
Those stating it doesn't matter who he is as long as we get a few bob up front are in dream world.
Sherman put the team up in top London hotels when playing away and the hotels assumed he must be good for the money until the cheque failed to turn up.
By the way sorry to say I wish all our new players the very best but unless we get a few better standard and potential next season will be a struggle.
anyone can qualify to be a barrister and work for a joke practice earning no money.

Stan can’t google and also thinks that County sell 10,000 pints a week. I wouldn’t mind be he often calls me thick.

so run along Harps, nothing to see here.

jollysuperstar wrote:

Silly stan.

Hi Mate,

Much as I appreciate your comments I don't think one needs to be particularly clever to become a barrister. And I would say to any young person that it is best to pursue dreams rather than die wondering what you are capable of.

Also whilst I don't bother reading Jimmy's diatribes any more if he wishes to enlighten the denizens of this board with his wit and wisdom far be it from me to censor him.

Where I do wholeheartedly agree with you is that on the face of it Newport County seem to have linked themselves up with an outfit which don't seem to have much by way of business acumen. As I said I can be wrong and I hope I am. However, like you, I fear I might be right.

Best regards,

Stan, aka Brendan

jollysuperstar wrote:

Silly stan.

A shirt sponsor is totally different to that of Sherman. You have always been a bit dramatic Harps, but that comparison is ridiculous.

With regards to players we've only lost 3 first XI players, good luck finding a better defender than White on our budget, Tozer? Easily replaceable and would say Crofts certainly has better pedigree than him.
Nouble? Awful scoring record before signing for us, perhaps Matt can fill his boots.
The rest were squad fillers that Imo we have replaced with better players.

big baz wrote:

Silly stan.
You can use any address as a correspondence address.

Silly Jimmy
You can go on the land registry website and find out who owns any property in the UK. If you are going to be a smart arse then best make sure you know what you are on about.

Silly Baz

jollysuperstar wrote:

Silly stan.

Good lord this sun is stronger than I thought. How on earth can you compare a club sponsor that will have no input into running the club to the Sherman era?