My First Podacst

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Est.1912

Posts

7

My First Podacst

Postby Est.1912 » July 12th, 2018, 7:06 pm

Evening Exiles, I don't know if anyone is already doing a County podcast but I have just produced the first episode of my County podcast.
It looks at our current squad and my thoughts on them, I would be very grateful if you would give it a listen and I welcome constructive feedback. Please remember this is my first attempt and that they are just my opinions and there is no need to be abusive if you disagree.

https://soundcloud.com/rhys-warren-2/1912-exile-podcast-ep1

But if you have any questions or points you would like me to discuss or topics for future episodes please let me know.

Thanks

Rhys
no avatar
User

mad norm

Posts

4729

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: My First Podacst

Postby mad norm » July 12th, 2018, 7:50 pm

What is a podacst and where can I buy one?
no avatar
User

chepstowamber

Posts

308

Location

Chepstow, Monmouthshire

Re: My First Podacst

Postby chepstowamber » July 12th, 2018, 7:53 pm

Very well put together and good research on our new signings.
It must be difficult to keep the dialogue going on your own, most podcasts I listen to have a co presenter.
I look forward to hearing your next podcast.
Chris
no avatar
User

Est.1912

Posts

7

Re: My First Podacst

Postby Est.1912 » July 12th, 2018, 9:24 pm

mad norm wrote:What is a podacst and where can I buy one?


It's an on demand radio show :grin:
no avatar
User

Cromwellend2

Posts

8

Re: My First Podacst

Postby Cromwellend2 » July 12th, 2018, 9:51 pm

Great work buddy. Ryan Courtney UTC
User avatar
User

Mr Figo

Posts

659

Re: My First Podacst

Postby Mr Figo » July 12th, 2018, 11:25 pm

For once a really positive post on this board Rhys and put together really well. I look forward to hearing the next one. Different to Taff's blog but could become a staple of this board :cheers:
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

9623

Re: My First Podacst

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 12th, 2018, 11:33 pm

Well done.

Best wishes for the next hundred.
User avatar
User

NineteenEightyNine

Posts

363

Location

Newport

Re: My First Podacst

Postby NineteenEightyNine » July 13th, 2018, 7:46 am

Est.1912 wrote:Evening Exiles, I don't know if anyone is already doing a County podcast but I have just produced the first episode of my County podcast.
It looks at our current squad and my thoughts on them, I would be very grateful if you would give it a listen and I welcome constructive feedback. Please remember this is my first attempt and that they are just my opinions and there is no need to be abusive if you disagree.

https://soundcloud.com/rhys-warren-2/1912-exile-podcast-ep1

But if you have any questions or points you would like me to discuss or topics for future episodes please let me know.

Thanks

Rhys


Really good and well researched, I enjoyed that. Keep it up!
no avatar
User

Est.1912

Posts

7

Re: My First Podacst

Postby Est.1912 » July 13th, 2018, 3:46 pm

Thanks guys, really appreciate the support. I will probably release the next one on Wednesday next week it's recorded just needs to be edited. I am hoping some one would be willing to either co-host or speak on a podcast talking about the future of the stadium before the first game of the season. I reckon it is a hot topic and something I think people want to hear discussed so if one or two people want to come on and chat it would be great.
no avatar
User

chris p

Posts

162

Re: My First Podacst

Postby chris p » July 13th, 2018, 7:29 pm

Enjoyed that didn't disagree with any of it.....good analysis
no avatar
User

sblair1979

Posts

9

Re: My First Podacst

Postby sblair1979 » July 13th, 2018, 7:40 pm

Enjoyed that.

Good analysis, agreed with you on pretty much every player. Especially Pipe!

Any plans to put in on itunes? be good to listen to it offline.
no avatar
User

Est.1912

Posts

7

Re: My First Podacst

Postby Est.1912 » July 13th, 2018, 8:13 pm

sblair1979 wrote:Enjoyed that.

Good analysis, agreed with you on pretty much every player. Especially Pipe!

Any plans to put in on itunes? be good to listen to it offline.


I hadn't looked at it but there is an option to allow downloads on Soundcloud so people could listen to it offline, I'm not sure where I would stand with the music on there though in terms of licencing. I will have to look into it!
no avatar
User

sblair1979

Posts

9

Re: My First Podacst

Postby sblair1979 » July 13th, 2018, 8:21 pm

I'll check out the Soundcloud app. Keep up the good work.
User avatar
User

Jackorias

Rank

Administrator

Posts

1211

Re: My First Podacst

Postby Jackorias » July 13th, 2018, 8:41 pm

Great effort!

Make your episodes downloadable and submit your RSS feed to iTunes. That should make your podcast searchable in other podcast apps too.

https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/ar ... r-RSS-feed

Also, if you wanted to up your microphone quality, you can look into external microphones you could attach to your phone (presuming that's what you've used to record?)
no avatar
User

Est.1912

Posts

7

Re: My First Podacst

Postby Est.1912 » July 13th, 2018, 8:48 pm

Jackorias wrote:Great effort!

Make your episodes downloadable and submit your RSS feed to iTunes. That should make your podcast searchable in other podcast apps too.

https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/ar ... r-RSS-feed

Also, if you wanted to up your microphone quality, you can look into external microphones you could attach to your phone (presuming that's what you've used to record?)


I have looked at external microphones I was just using the standard one on my laptop, I wanted see if anyone was listening before I invested in a decent piece of hardware. It is Prime Day on Amazon so I will keep my eyes peeled for a bargain.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Goddard & woods and 16 guests

Powered by phpBB ®