Re: Rob Sant resigns

worksop amber wrote:Being an exile I get almost all of my info off this message board so for me it's invaluable
I don't get involved in the in fighting and at times childish sniping and arguments but I do read the posts from the usual posters who claim to be in the know and normally take most claims with a pinch of salt.
I generally ignore rumours as they are rarely correct however following this and other threads along the same lines I have gone from being excited and looking forward to the season to now being really worried that we will even see the season out
I have never worried about the off field goings on Just simply turn up, pay my money and watch the games, buy some merchandise and put my hand in my pocket on occasions the club need a few quid as I think most fans do
I get very little change out of 100 quid travelling to home games but its my choice and i love the club but the complete lack of info from anyone at the club, good or bad is now worrying me sick along with the resignations
Please tell us what is going on however bad
Just a simple long time County fan saying how I feel
CTID
Spot on Worktop Exile. I'm sure that post speaks for a lot of us. Just happy to have the club to watch. Not interested in the petty politics, inflated egos, point scoring or childish arguments. The Port has been part of my life for the last 59 years and I want it to continue for many years to come. Obviously the higher division the better but, if I'm honest, I don't really care what league we are in.

allontheamber wrote:
worksop amber wrote:Being an exile I get almost all of my info off this message board so for me it's invaluable
I don't get involved in the in fighting and at times childish sniping and arguments but I do read the posts from the usual posters who claim to be in the know and normally take most claims with a pinch of salt.
I generally ignore rumours as they are rarely correct however following this and other threads along the same lines I have gone from being excited and looking forward to the season to now being really worried that we will even see the season out
I have never worried about the off field goings on Just simply turn up, pay my money and watch the games, buy some merchandise and put my hand in my pocket on occasions the club need a few quid as I think most fans do
I get very little change out of 100 quid travelling to home games but its my choice and i love the club but the complete lack of info from anyone at the club, good or bad is now worrying me sick along with the resignations
Please tell us what is going on however bad
Just a simple long time County fan saying how I feel
CTID
Spot on Worktop Exile. I'm sure that post speaks for a lot of us. Just happy to have the club to watch. Not interested in the petty politics, inflated egos, point scoring or childish arguments. The Port has been part of my life for the last 59 years and I want it to continue for many years to come. Obviously the higher division the better but, if I'm honest, I don't really care what league we are in.
That goes for me too, I’d rather be in the league but primarily I just want to have my football club exist! To help we need to know

Cannot disagree with Worksopambers very passionate post...
As another exile who reads the forum
Baffled by what "appears" to be going on
I'm sure a statement of affairs from the Club would be in everybody's interest
Let's whack in a few goals at Mansfield as a statement of intent
:cheers:
Last edited by mad norm on July 29th, 2018, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jollysuperstar wrote:Can confirm this is a fact
Unfortunately the few dinosaurs on the board were not for turning and Rob had no chance of obtaining more openness for us trust members and fans
You tried mate but you cannot keep banging your head on a brick wall
Nobody needs this grief
Thanks for trying
Everything is fine and dandy you happy clappers
Dreadful times
Egos above the team unfortunately
Is anyone really surprised ??

owlsabout wrote:Rob plz tell us why ? Transparency you promised us so dont leave and not say why
Agreed. As a long standing advocate of openness and transparency and released from the restraints of Board membership, there is no reason why he cannot give us chapter and verse on "what's been going on".

Cornish Exile wrote:
owlsabout wrote:Rob plz tell us why ? Transparency you promised us so dont leave and not say why
Agreed. As a long standing advocate of openness and transparency and released from the restraints of Board membership, there is no reason why he cannot give us chapter and verse on "what's been going on".
I don't think he'll be able to say what's going on, but I would like to hear as much as he's able to share on his own reasons for resigning.

The rather strange thing here is that 2 directors who have served for some years resign with a gentle ripple caused on this board. Another director who joined more recently leaves and it appears that the world has come to an end.
I know none of the 3 involved so not motivated as to looking after mates etc, but doesn't it seem to be a rather unbalanced response ?

Threadbare wrote:The rather strange thing here is that 2 directors who have served for some years resign with a gentle ripple caused on this board. Another director who joined more recently leaves and it appears that the world has come to an end.
I know none of the 3 involved so not motivated as to looking after mates etc, but doesn't it seem to be a rather unbalanced response ?

Probably because the two resigned due to work commitments (apparently) but Rob resigned because he couldn't get the Board to be transparent