Good football

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Good football

Postby UPTHEPORT » August 11th, 2018, 6:13 pm

Big up for Flynny the boys played some lovely football today :cheers:
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Re: Good football

Postby neilcork68 » August 11th, 2018, 6:19 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:Big up for Flynny the boys played some lovely football today :cheers:

Glad Tozer has gone to Cheltenham because we were so predictable with the long throw with him in the side
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

TrefGruffydd

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » August 11th, 2018, 6:30 pm

Given no big target man in starting team, obviously dictates the style of football you need to try and play,
User

Est.1912

Postby Est.1912 » August 13th, 2018, 6:33 am

I thought the Harris/Amond partnership looked good, looks like Cardiff have sent us someone who can contribute straight away!
User

Ado

Postby Ado » August 13th, 2018, 2:50 pm

There weren't many long balls, which was good to see.
no avatar
User

jamiedharris

Postby jamiedharris » August 13th, 2018, 3:29 pm

How's that midfield looking? From the sounds of it they're not being missed out completely with long balls down to the channels. Wondering if Bakinson can force his way into the XI?
no avatar
User

big baz

Newport,

Postby big baz » August 13th, 2018, 5:39 pm

Really enjoyed the game and the football was great. An improvement on the latter few months of last season
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » August 14th, 2018, 9:04 pm

neilcork68 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Big up for Flynny the boys played some lovely football today :cheers:

Glad Tozer has gone to Cheltenham because we were so predictable with the long throw with him in the side

Before the season started I was sorry to see Tozer leave. I thought him a better than average player and his long throw a useful weapon. On reflection I think you are probably right. Not a criticism of Ben but perhaps his throw as a tactic was too easy a get out and stifled creativity.
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Postby Cornish Exile » August 14th, 2018, 9:15 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:

Before the season started I was sorry to see Tozer leave. I thought him a better than average player and his long throw a useful weapon. On reflection I think you are probably right. Not a criticism of Ben but perhaps his throw as a tactic was too easy a get out and stifled creativity.

Didn't make the starting X1 to-night.
no avatar
User

BertieB

Postby BertieB » August 17th, 2018, 7:30 pm

Having missed all last seasons home games due to being unable to park, I am now able to take my place in the Bizley stand, I must say that County's style has improved by using a passing game ON THE FLOOR out of defence which really was good to watch and the Crewe game was a pleasure and an impressive result , Cambridge result a perfect follow up, and Oxford United bottom of League One with 0 goals and 6 conceded, is I believe a chance to get another good result --so come on fans , lets get behind the team and support them.on Tuesday . ............Come on the Port !!.............Bob Bassett