Good football

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Posts

17357

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Good football

Postby UPTHEPORT » August 11th, 2018, 6:13 pm

Big up for Flynny the boys played some lovely football today :cheers:
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Posts

5860

Re: Good football

Postby neilcork68 » August 11th, 2018, 6:19 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:Big up for Flynny the boys played some lovely football today :cheers:




Glad Tozer has gone to Cheltenham because we were so predictable with the long throw with him in the side
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

Posts

735

Location

TrefGruffydd

Re: Good football

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » August 11th, 2018, 6:30 pm

Given no big target man in starting team, obviously dictates the style of football you need to try and play,
User avatar
User

Est.1912

Posts

54

Re: Good football

Postby Est.1912 » August 13th, 2018, 6:33 am

I thought the Harris/Amond partnership looked good, looks like Cardiff have sent us someone who can contribute straight away!
User avatar
User

Ado

Posts

516

Re: Good football

Postby Ado » August 13th, 2018, 2:50 pm

There weren't many long balls, which was good to see.
no avatar
User

jamiedharris

Posts

71

Re: Good football

Postby jamiedharris » August 13th, 2018, 3:29 pm

How's that midfield looking? From the sounds of it they're not being missed out completely with long balls down to the channels. Wondering if Bakinson can force his way into the XI?
no avatar
User

big baz

Posts

3888

Location

Newport,

Re: Good football

Postby big baz » August 13th, 2018, 5:39 pm

Really enjoyed the game and the football was great. An improvement on the latter few months of last season
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10172

Re: Good football

Postby Stan A. Einstein » August 14th, 2018, 9:04 pm

neilcork68 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Big up for Flynny the boys played some lovely football today :cheers:




Glad Tozer has gone to Cheltenham because we were so predictable with the long throw with him in the side


Before the season started I was sorry to see Tozer leave. I thought him a better than average player and his long throw a useful weapon. On reflection I think you are probably right. Not a criticism of Ben but perhaps his throw as a tactic was too easy a get out and stifled creativity.
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Posts

4393

Re: Good football

Postby Cornish Exile » August 14th, 2018, 9:15 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Big up for Flynny the boys played some lovely football today :cheers:




Glad Tozer has gone to Cheltenham because we were so predictable with the long throw with him in the side


Before the season started I was sorry to see Tozer leave. I thought him a better than average player and his long throw a useful weapon. On reflection I think you are probably right. Not a criticism of Ben but perhaps his throw as a tactic was too easy a get out and stifled creativity.


Didn't make the starting X1 to-night.
no avatar
User

BertieB

Posts

322

Re: Good football

Postby BertieB » August 17th, 2018, 7:30 pm

Having missed all last seasons home games due to being unable to park, I am now able to take my place in the Bizley stand, I must say that County's style has improved by using a passing game ON THE FLOOR out of defence which really was good to watch and the Crewe game was a pleasure and an impressive result , Cambridge result a perfect follow up, and Oxford United bottom of League One with 0 goals and 6 conceded, is I believe a chance to get another good result --so come on fans , lets get behind the team and support them.on Tuesday . ............Come on the Port !!.............Bob Bassett

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amberexile, B0mbshell, Goddard & woods, Marky, Willthiswork and 66 guests

Powered by phpBB ®