LACK OF ADVERTISING BOARDS

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Threadbare

LACK OF ADVERTISING BOARDS

Postby Threadbare » August 11th, 2018, 6:46 pm

Couldn't believe how few baords there were. The whole length of The Bisley was virually empty. Very sparse along the Hazell perimiter too.
Anyone know if it was an issue putting the boards out, or do we not have son many sponsors this season ?
no avatar
User

Comeonthecounty

Re: LACK OF ADVERTISING BOARDS

Postby Comeonthecounty » August 11th, 2018, 7:10 pm

Its not the hazell stand now as they dont sponsor,its called the rodney road stand or something like that
no avatar
User

County ranger

Postby County ranger » August 11th, 2018, 7:11 pm

This may be part of the issues with the WRU but if not it makes us look a poorly run club missing out on ££££.
It is becoming clear that at this level of football and no doubt demands of a number of stakeholders landlords , league etc we need a proper owner and competent full time management.
Our current board no doubt try hard but they have jobs / income to maintain and cannot devote the required time.
I cannot imagine an independent owner with skin in the game would allow income opportunities to go begging.
no avatar
User

Taunton Iron Cider

Taunton

Postby Taunton Iron Cider » August 11th, 2018, 7:12 pm

Threadbare wrote:Couldn't believe how few baords there were. The whole length of The Bisley was virually empty. Very sparse along the Hazell perimiter too.
Anyone know if it was an issue putting the boards out, or do we not have son many sponsors this season ?

The space was where our team sponsors adverts would normally sit, interesting that there were no Interbet signs anywhere.
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

TrefGruffydd

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » August 11th, 2018, 7:14 pm

County ranger wrote:This may be part of the issues with the WRU but if not it makes us look a poorly run club missing out on ££££.
It is becoming clear that at this level of football and no doubt demands of a number of stakeholders landlords , league etc we need a proper owner and competent full time management.
Our current board no doubt try hard but they have jobs / income to maintain and cannot devote the required time.
I cannot imagine an independent owner with skin in the game would allow income opportunities to go begging.

Assuming of course a 'proper owner' is available? I doubt it ?
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » August 11th, 2018, 7:31 pm

P.S.

Interbet "Coming Soon"
no avatar
User

countyareup

Postby countyareup » August 11th, 2018, 8:22 pm

Commented on the lack of advertising, myself, today. However, not surprised. As a former advertiser and sponsor, I am still awaiting our Commercial Manager to come back to me with what she can offer. Two games into the season, now.
User

Skate Exile

Portsmouth

Postby Skate Exile » August 11th, 2018, 9:00 pm

I was stood on the terrace so I saw a few boards missing on the Bisley but not too many. However I thought today’s match programme was awful and a worse standard than when we were at Spytty.
no avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Postby newgroundrodney » August 12th, 2018, 6:38 am

Skate Exile wrote:I was stood on the terrace so I saw a few boards missing on the Bisley but not too many. However I thought today’s match programme was awful and a worse standard than when we were at Spytty.

I quite like the programme for this season. My only observation was that some squad numbers were hard to read in yellow/amber because of the grey background colour, and that there were some spelling mistakes on players' names.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » August 12th, 2018, 8:01 am

Not away players, I hope! 8)
User

ComeOnCounty

Trinant

Postby ComeOnCounty » August 12th, 2018, 8:26 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:Not away players, I hope! 8)

Nope, that was my fault. :oops:

Sorted for the next issue
no avatar
User

CaerfilliJacko

Postby CaerfilliJacko » August 12th, 2018, 12:13 pm

countyareup wrote:Commented on the lack of advertising, myself, today. However, not surprised. As a former advertiser and sponsor, I am still awaiting our Commercial Manager to come back to me with what she can offer. Two games into the season, now.

Heard today that Rebecca has gone. Mate of mine is awaiting a call re advertising boards. 'Watch this space'
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » August 12th, 2018, 12:34 pm

There are a load of boards but I think someone is hording them :bounce: