Re: Oxford home league cup round 2

Micheal wrote:Why did they say there was no price hike when there was
Whatever you think about the pricing structure ( I’m on a pension so feel it as much as anybody ), why not do as I do and console yourself that even if you can’t benefit from the early buying discount then at least that couple of quid ( less than the cost of a pint ) is going to help ensure the future of your football club? Not such a bad thing surely? In addition it frees up the queue for the walk ups on match day. Don’t get all the negativity here at all.

Cornish Exile wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:“Daftasfxxx”: I think I’ve answered this already. The club want to incentivise people to buy online because it saves the club money (in staff, in overheads, in time). They pass some of that saving on to the consumer who helped them to save it. If you can’t or won’t help them to do that, you don’t benefit from the saving being passed on and pay the normal price.
Quite agree, but unfortunately there are some who refuse to understand the obvious.
And yet he still ignores my point about disabled with carers not being accommodated so i take from that you're happy with them getting unfairly tax as there's no option for them online

lowandhard wrote:
Micheal wrote:Why did they say there was no price hike when there was
Whatever you think about the pricing structure ( I’m on a pension so feel it as much as anybody ), why not do as I do and console yourself that even if you can’t benefit from the early buying discount then at least that couple of quid ( less than the cost of a pint ) is going to help ensure the future of your football club? Not such a bad thing surely? In addition it frees up the queue for the walk ups on match day. Don’t get all the negativity here at all.
Mike it's more than the price of a pint if you're a family of four who decide to go last minute, i don't see any difference in it to the hike on matchday it also greatly reduces the amount of punters visiting the shop and buying merchandise while there

“Daftasfxxx”: Regarding people with disabilities and their carers, I’m guessing that they’re in the same position as those taking under-6s who can’t choose the free junior ticket option online unless buying for Bisley Block A. I’ve usually found that calling the ticket office in advance of matchday and politely explaining the situation results in still being able to get the tickets at the discounted rate. I trust that addresses your concern.

Beyond that, I’m not sure anything I say will change your view. The club want to encourage advance sales and reduce their overheads. Assisting in that benefits everyone (even the pay-on-the-dayers who have reduced queues), and it’s entirely fair that those who help get a discount. Over and out.
Last edited by Kairdiff Exile on August 24th, 2018, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:“Daftasfxxx”: Regarding people with disabilities and their carers, I’m guessing that they’re in the same position as those taking under-6s who can’t choose the free ticket option online. I’ve usually found that calling the ticket office in advance of matchday and politely explaining the situation results in still being able to get the tickets at the discounted rate. I trust that addresses your concern.

Beyond that, I’m not sure anything I say will change your view. The club want to encourage advance sales and reduce their overheads. Assisting in that benefits everyone (even the pay-on-the-dayers who have reduced queues), and it’s entirely fair that those who help get a discount. Over and out.
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, mine is it will definitely put off the floaters and knock the shop sales for six, a lot of casual fans will be put off by trying to buy online which is near on impossible off a mobile phone by the way
Last edited by daftasfxxx on August 24th, 2018, 8:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Clearly before we ever enrol in any kind of ticketing system, we'd better think carefully about transaction charges & fees. Ticketmaster for example at £3.50 added on transaction charge, even if you print at home, will send some people on here into meltdown....
Some things in life you have to just get on with. If I don't book theatre tickets in a group of 10, I have to pay the normal going rate...no discount. If I leave it til the day I travel, my fare will not be discounted. In like manner, if I don't buy a match ticket in such a way as to attract the discount, I have to pay the full price.
Perhaps the nudge will be enough for many to plan in advance. Those that can't plan in advance just pay the normal going rate, but people on here are trying to make it sound like the Club are trying to charge you extra, way over the top, when actually they aren't. Moreover, the Club in fairness have kept prices down as low as possible for a number of years.
By making use of a loyalty discount, my ST this year was £15 cheaper than 4 yrs ago!.....but I had to do what was required for the discount to apply. Had I not done so, no discount, I'd have to pay the going rate, the normal price......not extra, just no discount!

rncfc wrote:I tend to side with the "doom-mongers" here; a lot of people won't be sat at their computers on a Monday morning excitedly planning their day on Saturday. A lot of people won't give the County a second thought until Friday night or Saturday morning.
..... and they'll pay the normal standard price. What they will NOT be asked to pay, is any more than that.

The original argument wasn't so much buying in advance versus paying on the day - it was that it costs more to buy online than in person. I always buy in advance and prefer to do this face to face for reasons I've already stated. My tickets for Oxford were bought the day they were released and I paid the lower price because there was no online option. Presumably, had there been the option, I'd have paid the extra £4 for 2 tickets - more than the price of a pint. The argument put forward elsewhere about having a discount for buying train tickets online is also incorrect - I check trains and prices online then go to the station to buy so that I can discuss exactly what I want and tailor for what I need. The price is the same because it's in advance. I actually fundamentally disagree with any pricing that changes according to when and/or how you purchase. A loaf of bread is the same whether I buy today to put in the freezer for next week, or I want to use it today - why should the same seat cost me differently, why should the same train journey cost different. I know the County need money but so do I and need to be careful on a limited income.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Westsider: I presume you’ll be refunding the club the difference between your OAP concession for your season ticket and the full adult cost? After all, to take your own argument to its logical conclusion, the seat should cost the same to all...
...... don't get me started on that one! :grin:

The point is, nobody is being charged any EXTRA..... it's not £4 extra, it's just a discount for those who are able / willing to avail themselves of it.

westsider wrote:The original argument wasn't so much buying in advance versus paying on the day - it was that it costs more to buy online than in person. I always buy in advance and prefer to do this face to face for reasons I've already stated. My tickets for Oxford were bought the day they were released and I paid the lower price because there was no online option. Presumably, had there been the option, I'd have paid the extra £4 for 2 tickets - more than the price of a pint. The argument put forward elsewhere about having a discount for buying train tickets online is also incorrect - I check trains and prices online then go to the station to buy so that I can discuss exactly what I want and tailor for what I need. The price is the same because it's in advance. I actually fundamentally disagree with any pricing that changes according to when and/or how you purchase. A loaf of bread is the same whether I buy today to put in the freezer for next week, or I want to use it today - why should the same seat cost me differently, why should the same train journey cost different. I know the County need money but so do I and need to be careful on a limited income.
The actual point I was making about train tickets was purchasing in advance v on the day ....... sometimes the discount for buying in advance is huge. When I recently bought tickets to Taunton in advance, when I went to collect on the day, I asked what the price would be if I just turned up wanting to buy it now.... £42.10..... £15 I paid!