Exiles v Glovers

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

reebok0165

Newport

Exiles v Glovers

Postby reebok0165 » September 16th, 2018, 6:14 am

So, what a dreadful scoreline, the biggest home defeat by a League Two team since Lincoln lost 6-0 home v Rotherham in 2011.

County appeared tired, uninterested, no player stood out to me, all had mares, none more so than Day.
Flynny and Hatswell so quiet!! Even they appeared uninterested.
Still, lets hope it's a one-off and they get back to business at Tranmere.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Re: Exiles v Glovers

Postby Willthiswork » September 16th, 2018, 7:01 am

This is where Lennie will earn his money too.
User

Baladabadi

Postby Baladabadi » September 16th, 2018, 7:09 am

Big reality check yesterday.

That should put all the promotion talk to bed.

Looking forward to how the team react next week.
no avatar
User

Loyalfoot

Postby Loyalfoot » September 16th, 2018, 7:55 am

We need to be behind Joe Day I know his performance was dire but his confidence must be smashed to bits.

Let's hope the boys reply next week.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Postby rncfc » September 16th, 2018, 8:02 am

What an absolutely weird result. I couldn't be there yesterday (thank god) but this has to be up there with one of the strangest results I can remember.
no avatar
User

Barnabas

Postby Barnabas » September 16th, 2018, 8:04 am

Utter shambles!
Totally overpowered and outrun in midfield.
Every time Yeovil got the ball I feared they would score.
We had no answer to pacy dribbling. Yeovil were good but nothing special. They didn't need to be.
Awful to see the way the confidence drained from our players as the match went on.
Horrendous challenge from Wilmott. A straight red every day of the week.
Once again we get a good crowd after a few good results, and we blow it! Can't see many of those we attracted yesterday coming back.
What a nightmare!
no avatar
User

Loyalfoot

Postby Loyalfoot » September 16th, 2018, 8:06 am

It was an off day let's not execute the boys so quick.
User

Elmo

Swansea

Postby Elmo » September 16th, 2018, 8:44 am

sh1t happens! unfortunately its nearly every time we get a decent league crowd! on to the next game!
User

Kevinmoorefellover

Postby Kevinmoorefellover » September 16th, 2018, 9:09 am

I didn’t make it to the game yesterday but, fair play to Yeovil, they’ve stuck with Darren Way and it looks like he’s coming good for them.

I’m looking forward to a reaction at Tranmere next week. Tranmere are playing well, so it will be a real test of this County team’s character.
no avatar
User

flat4

Postby flat4 » September 16th, 2018, 9:16 am

Shocking.. the whole team, management and BOD should return all the home fans their ticket money after that fraudulent display.
Hope this is not a sign of things to come.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » September 16th, 2018, 9:43 am

At the same fixture a year ago Yeovil supporters were chanting for their own manager (who's still there) to be sacked. It's swings and roundabouts.
User

Marky

Mazeglaas

Postby Marky » September 16th, 2018, 9:45 am

Concentrate on the cups then, oh wait we've already thrown all our eggs into one basket because of a bit of a good at the start of the season. :drunken:
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » September 16th, 2018, 9:54 am

Funnily enough in the first half we passed the ball well in phases and looked quite decent. Yeovil were better though. The second half was dire. Passes going astray, confidence gone and some looked as though they didn't want to be there. Woeful.

Unfortunately Joe's howler will be shown in goalkeeper mistake videos for years to come. The test will come when we see how they react at Tranmere next week.
no avatar
User

Loyalfoot

Postby Loyalfoot » September 16th, 2018, 9:54 am

It's amazing one bad result and look at the reaction from the LOYAL FANS. O M G get real
User

Caerleon Exile

Glan Llyn

Postby Caerleon Exile » September 16th, 2018, 9:59 am

Tough day at the office yesterday but you have to think it's only one game of a 46 game season. We're still third and we have some decent winnable home games coming up. It was one of those days where everything that could go wrong for us did, including Harris getting in the way of a goal bound shot from Amond, and everything that could go right for Yeovil did.

Yeovil had a week to recover and it showed & their number 20 (one of their internationals) is one of the best defensive midfielders I've seen us come against, he was everywhere. That's where we lost the game IMO, we were totally overrun in midfield at times. If Yeovil don't win the league I'll be shocked. We won't play teams of that calibre every week. Plenty of twists and turns to come yet, we just need to bounce back against Tranmere.
Next