Re: Cooper

First half he was awful. But to me he looked nervous, RP can be hostile at times especially when we're losing and one or two passes go missing. I thought second half, as his confidence improved he looked a good player and streets ahead of Sheehan lately who was poor again yesterday and was correctly subbed.

Ado wrote:Granted, but what did he do besides that ? Do you think he's pushing for a starting spot ? Okay, "shite" was maybe a bit harsh - how about "hasn't impressed me".

If we dont have better options due to injuries / suspensions then no he wouldn' be at the top of the list to be a starter but IMO he didn't let us down yesterday.
IMO Bakinson was having a mare before we scored and got on top yesterday. I would have taken him or Semenyo off before Sheehan to bring on Matt ( that would have been after 25 minutes as we were well off the pace up to then. After we got on top he (Bakinson) started to play well. That's one and a half games out of the last two home games we have had a very poor midfield .IMO Bakinson is a good player for us when we get on top but we carry him when we are struggling.
as for Semenyo starting before Harris , that is another decision of MF's I dont agree with...He is a good player to come off the bench but I personally would start him.IMO he is our 4th choice striker out of the 4 we have

I thought yesterday was Coopers best game for us after a nervous start he won the penalty and had a good second half. Neil I've just read your comments about MF tactics and assume at just after 7 yesterday when you wrote them you'd had a couple of beers. Firstly you say something like MF's tactics were off from the start- was this allowing for OB's injury? Secondly you say after 20 minutes you turned to those around you and said he should get Matt on and if he had done this instead of 26 minutes later it would've had a quicker impact, Neil Matt came on a lot earlier than you think-20 minutes plus 26 is either first half injury time or the first minute of the second half. Thirdly you say you would've taken Semenyo off instead of Sheehan thus keeping the shape the same instead of going 3 up front which changed the game. Those Neil are the reasons why your in the stands or on the terrace and MF and his management team are making the big decisions. Andrew Perry.
Last edited by supporter on September 30th, 2018, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

supporter wrote:Firstly I thought yesterday was Coopers best game for us after a nervous start he won the penalty and had a good second half. Neil I've just read your comments about MF tactics and assume at just after 7 yesterday when you wrote them you'd had a couple of beers. Firstly you say something like MF's tactics were off from the start- was this allowing for OB's injury? Secondly you say after 20 minutes you turned to those around you and said he should get Matt on and if he had done this instead of 26 minutes later we it would've had a quicker impact, Neil Matt came on a lot earlier than you think-20 minutes plus 26 is either first half injury time or the first minute of the second half. Secondly you say you would've taken Semenyo off instead of Sheehan thus keeping the shape the same instead of going 3 up front which changed the game. That Neil are the reasons why your in the stands or on the terrace and MF and his management team are making the big decisions. Andrew Perry.
Show a bit of respect. If it wasn’t for Corky we’d still be in the National League. Don’t you remember JEd changing his tactics / formation after reading Corky’s pearls of wisdom on here back in 2012 ?

It was good to see a manager make changes in the first half and add another striker. It was clear that we were struggling aerially in the first half - Amond and Semenyo were given no space or time on the ball and the addition of Matt paid dividends. These tactical decisions may be key for us over the course of the season but at least we have a manager who makes them rather than plough on and hope for the best during games. Don't forget Flynn was taking a risk by using two of his subs in the first half - again a good manager is prepared to take risk and he should be applauded for that.

Mr Figo wrote:It was good to see a manager make changes in the first half and add another striker. It was clear that we were struggling aerially in the first half - Amond and Semenyo were given no space or time on the ball and the addition of Matt paid dividends. These tactical decisions may be key for us over the course of the season but at least we have a manager who makes them rather than plough on and hope for the best during games. Don't forget Flynn was taking a risk by using two of his subs in the first half - again a good manager is prepared to take risk and he should be applauded for that.
Probably being expertly advised by Lennie.

supporter wrote:I thought yesterday was Coopers best game for us after a nervous start he won the penalty and had a good second half. Neil I've just read your comments about MF tactics and assume at just after 7 yesterday when you wrote them you'd had a couple of beers. Firstly you say something like MF's tactics were off from the start- was this allowing for OB's injury? Secondly you say after 20 minutes you turned to those around you and said he should get Matt on and if he had done this instead of 26 minutes later it would've had a quicker impact, Neil Matt came on a lot earlier than you think-20 minutes plus 26 is either first half injury time or the first minute of the second half. Thirdly you say you would've taken Semenyo off instead of Sheehan thus keeping the shape the same instead of going 3 up front which changed the game. Those Neil are the reasons why your in the stands or on the terrace and MF and his management team are making the big decisions. Andrew Perry.
Exactly my point !
Everyone is entitled to an opinion , as Stan keeps reminding us .
Neil keeps commenting on Flynn being predictable and not having a Plan B .
Well ..... yesterday showed that maybe he has .
None of our group predicted going 3 up front with 3 quarters of the game still remaining .
It certainly paid off !

Roll on Tuesday night .