Re: Grandstand v Morecambe

Percy plunkett wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Girl Saturday , where is your post asking about how 'Wimlott is stealing a living as a professional footballer ?'' after his last three performances as you did about Cooper ??????

Or doesn't it apply to ' Robbie ? ' because of the 'love in ' some seem to have with him ????
Willmott actually looked good in the first twenty minutes,why,because he played where he is best out wide.For some reason,MF thinks he can play CM,RB,LB etc,even his biggest fan,Harps,said he is not suited to CM.Remember Leeds,play him out wide attacking and he is a decent player.
Willmott only didn’t look rubbish in first 20 minutes as all the passes went through Butler his team mates know he is not up to it. He is now so far out of his depth it is embarrassing as is his lack effort see Amond and Dolan yesterday constantly having to fill gaps and chase down areas he should have been.

County Exile wrote:Michael wrote:-
how the **** are county 4th in the league? poor side imo
I think you will find that poor sides don't appear in the top 4 after 16 league matches have been played.
Before the season started I would have said a team couldn't be in the top 4 with a minus goaol difference the games I've seen so far county have been quite lucky to get away with I'm not impressed so far we were no better than Morecambe yesterday pring looked pretty handy when he came on amond and butler were ok I hope it improves when injuries are cleared up but can't see it somehow not seen county boss one game so far this season luckily teams above us dropping points keep us in there

My late verdict of yesterdays encounter, could be summed up with the loss of the spine of the team from a defensive perspective creating an imbalance, irrespective of the whys and wherefores of said substitutions, but criticism of individual players doesn't help the cause! Our injury problems are a major concern, and whilst there were ineffective individual performances, scapegoats are not the answer! It was a dour game following the injuries, but one I feel we would have won had we not lost Bennett and O'brien!
IN MY HUMBLE OPINION.......

rncfc wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Morecambe were poor and we should have beaten them, but at least we didn't lose when in many earlier seasons we would have. Their keeper made a couple of great saves, one from Matt's header would have given us a 2-0 lead very early on and we'd have strolled it.

Credit to Amond for getting stuck in in midfield, he is such a competitor.
Given to the best of my knowledge we have 4 fit strikers, but several injuries in central midfield, is it feasible to select amond there from the start? At least we know he won't lack for effort or commitment; a accusation levelled at another.
If that happens we may as well release Sheehan, Marsh-Brown and Cooper now and just save the wages.

Amond is a striker, and a bloody good one, he should be the last person dropping back into midfield. And that's no slight on the shift he put in at all which was excellent as always.
You cannot just release players who are contracted to save on wages. I agree it says something that Amond dropped back to midfield but I think Sheehan has not looked interested and Cooper, whilst tries , is not up to league 2 standard. Personally, I would rather have Lewis Collins on the bench.

I think without the injuries to Bennett and OB we would have won comfortably yesterday.

Alan G Bryant wrote: You cannot just release players who are contracted to save on wages. I agree it says something that Amond dropped back to midfield but I think Sheehan has not looked interested and Cooper, whilst tries , is not up to league 2 standard. Personally, I would rather have Lewis Collins on the bench.

I think without the injuries to Bennett and OB we would have won comfortably yesterday.
I think it a tad harsh to say that Sheehan has not looked interested. In my opinion the lad realises he is playing for his future in the game but for whatever reason just cannot reach the standard he did before his injury. If he doesn't get picked regularly over the next couple of months (which seems likely as things stand) I can see him going out on loan in the New Year.
Hopefully a starting place against Plymouth can be the start of him reaching those heights again and becoming the signing we all hoped he would be.

Amberexile wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote: You cannot just release players who are contracted to save on wages. I agree it says something that Amond dropped back to midfield but I think Sheehan has not looked interested and Cooper, whilst tries , is not up to league 2 standard. Personally, I would rather have Lewis Collins on the bench.

I think it a tad harsh to say that Sheehan has not looked interested. In my opinion the lad realises he is playing for his future in the game but for whatever reason just cannot reach the standard he did before his injury. If he doesn't get picked regularly over the next couple of months (which seems likely as things stand) I can see him going out on loan in the New Year.
Hopefully a starting place against Plymouth can be the start of him reaching those heights again and becoming the signing we all hoped he would be.

His confidence looks shot to bits , maybe he does not buy into a Flynn's working philosophy , maybe he sees himself as a number 10 but it's all about opinions , and for me , his body language has not been right.

I agree though , Bennet , Dolan , Bakinson , Wilmott , Labadie , Pring and Crofts are going to be ahead of him so loaning might be the best option.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
You cannot just release players who are contracted to save on wages. I agree it says something that Amond dropped back to midfield but I think Sheehan has not looked interested and Cooper, whilst tries , is not up to league 2 standard. Personally, I would rather have Lewis Collins on the bench.

I'm not saying that's what I would do, I'm simply pointing out that we have midfield options but have been choosing to play our number one striker there instead. Makes no sense to me at all.

Absolutely gutted with Saturdays result. I thought after the quick goal that we should of gone on to score at least 7 or 8. Can't believe we gifted Ellison with another chance to score against us. It's taken me until now to get over it. Just looking forward to the Carlisle game on Saturday. Think the three points are bag already.

:hello1: :hello1: Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole...County, County... :hello1: :hello1:

Quite a few thoughts from Saturday.
Matt had his best 45 minutes then tired.
Padraig was non stop for 90 plus.
They both have a great touch but there was nobody to take on these touches.
Harris should of come on earlier.
Think Semenyo will come good also.
Hated the abuse he got from one idiot at FGR.
Padraig must stay in the middle rather than helping at throws ins etc.
Pipey was Pipey no finesse but 100% commitment
Thought Mickey was poor by his standard and O Brien was lucky not to get a straight Red
A yellow so soon meant he couldn't risk hard tackles exactly like Forbes the week before when contributors were slamming him for not getting stuck in.
Midfield was non existant.
Scott and Dolan are so slow albeit Scott has been a revelation so far this season
Crofts was crocked before he signed for us and is just taking money for nothing.
Please lay off Robbie we all know he is a quality right winger and nothing else
Stop giving the fella greif. If you want to slam somebody pick on our manager for making him play constantly out of position
Sheehan like Samuel was good in a crap side but has now been found out
Anyway fourth I will take that every day of the week.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Quite a few thoughts from Saturday.
Thought Mickey was poor by his standard and O Brien was lucky not to get a straight Red
A yellow so soon meant he couldn't risk hard tackles exactly like Forbes the week before when contributors were slamming him for not getting stuck in.
Scott and Dolan are so slow albeit Scott has been a revelation so far this season
Crofts was crocked before he signed for us and is just taking money for nothing.
Stop giving the fella greif. If you want to slam somebody pick on our manager for making him play constantly out of position

How many times do you have to make different usernames Harps?

Willmott was poor, no ifs or buts about it, yes Flynn deserves criticism for playing him there but Willmott’s body language and lack of effort was there for all to see, add him swearing at a fan in front of children which was bang out of order (and he’s done this a few times) and it wasn’t a good day for him.
Now compare that to Amond’s effort and body language despite playing out of position and there’s no comparison.

Exile 1976 wrote:

How many times do you have to make different usernames Harps?

Willmott was poor, no ifs or buts about it, yes Flynn deserves criticism for playing him there but Willmott’s body language and lack of effort was there for all to see, add him swearing at a fan in front of children which was bang out of order (and he’s done this a few times) and it wasn’t a good day for him.
Now compare that to Amond’s effort and body language despite playing out of position and there’s no comparison.

Harps strikes again.......he has more usernames on here than Yellow Pages use per year :lol: :lol:

MF must be the only person who thinks he can play in midfield,,,,,Quality winger ? I question that too.....he is ok in that position but certainly not quality....
I wonder who will miss out if MF ever gets a FULL STRENGTH squad to pick his side from because you can be sure that he will shoehorn Wilmott in the side somewhere...Has he tried him in goal yet ???? :wink: :lol:

Yes please lay off Robbie. Butler gets praised nearly every week but I'd guess even he would struggle if made to play right central midfield.

Blackandamber wrote:
Yes please lay off Robbie. Butler gets praised nearly every week but I'd guess even he would struggle if made to play right central midfield.

Struggle maybe but he would give 100% and hasn't got a yellow streak up his back

Welcome back Harps , where have you been ? :wink:

neilcork68 wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:

Struggle maybe but he would give 100% and hasn't got a yellow streak up his back

Says the man that bottled out of Robbie's invitation to meet up. You have to love the irony.