Re: Suggestion for new commercial manager

Amberexile wrote:Just got home early from the cinema
I took my drum with me
They threw me out
I got short shrift for my argument - who are you to tell me how to enjoy a good film :lol:

I guess it is all about where you draw the line
That's my point. Who am I to dictate where the line should be drawn? Or you or George?

Clearly if you do what Headingley does and reserve one part of the ground for 'boisterous behaviour' you solve the problem. But sadly an unused north terrace closes of that option.

George Street-Bridge wrote:1.2 whose presence within the Ground is, or could (in the Club's reasonable opinion), constitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person.

"Nuisance and annoyance" nails drumming for me. And who's to say away fans appreciate being even closer to it than those of us sitting near half-way in the Bisley?

I'm just suggesting there's a commercial angle. If even one home supporter decides they don't want their enjoyment affected by an away drummer and keeps their 20 quid in their pocket, for me that trumps the human right of some 15-year old (or older saddo) who might be making his only visit ever to the ground to enjoy the game on his own terms.

Sorry but a drummer, ‘15yr old or older saddo’ or not, trying to drum up an atmosphere certainly doesn’t bother me half as much as the whiny old gits who moan from the first minute onwards and saying ‘get him off’ after any mistake, no matter how small, any player makes.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I took my drum with me
They threw me out
I got short shrift for my argument - who are you to tell me how to enjoy a good film :lol:

That's my point. Who am I to dictate where the line should be drawn? Or you or George?

Clearly if you do what Headingley does and reserve one part of the ground for 'boisterous behaviour' you solve the problem. But sadly an unused north terrace closes of that option.
I see very little difference between the Headingley solution and drawing the line for opposition fans' drummers at the end of the Bisley as suggested by George. Banishing them to the North terrace as you suggest although having the desired result of removing them from close proximity to the hospitality guests seems a step further and a unnecessary hardship for them.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I took my drum with me
They threw me out

An unused North terrace saves our football club money.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I took my drum with me
They threw me out

An unused North terrace saves our football club money.
By your logic if we closed the Hazell stand and only used the Hazell terrace we'd save even more.

I use the word logic loosely.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I took my drum with me
They threw me out

I see very little difference between the Headingley solution and drawing the line for opposition fans' drummers at the end of the Bisley as suggested by George. Banishing them to the North terrace as you suggest although having the desired result of removing them from close proximity to the hospitality guests seems a step further and a unnecessary hardship for them.
I'm not. In my view it wouldn't work unless the end was covered. Exile1976 is in my view on the right track. We all have things we don't like but we have to tolerate them.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I'm not. In my view it wouldn't work unless the end was covered. Exile1976 is in my view on the right track. We all have things we don't like but we have to tolerate them.
A bit silly to suggest it if you don't think it will work.
People only need to tolerate things they don't like when there is no better option. In this case, George has suggested a better option which the club should consider.

George Street-Bridge wrote:What I'm saying to the club is there's no point wringing your hands about commercial revenue if you allow people to ignore a ground reg already in place about nuisance behaviour which attracts no-one to the game and might deter a few.

Your interpretation of the ground rule. As Exile1976 puts it are we likewise going to say people who constantly talk are causing a nuisance.?

This sense of entitlement in 'I don't like it therefore it must be stopped' is simply not going to work. As I've said in the absence of a covered terrace drummers are something we have to put up with. Being of an age I prefer to sit at games. The so called amber army I find irritating in the extreme, if there were covered terrace at each end of the ground then my view is that they ought to stand there.

However there isn't. The fifteen year old saddo as you call him, the normal fifteen year old having a bit of fun, as I would call him, has as much right to stay dry as I have or you have.

I never realised that getting wet is a breach of my human rights. I think the modern term is snowflake. God help us if it snowed on the poor dabs :lol:

George is, of course, spot on, the club can help themselves by limiting away drummers to the temporary stand. Improve revenue and improve the enjoyment of the game for our highest paying customers. Win-win solution.

Any other issues with nuisance behaviour can continue to be handled via a complaint to stewards as at present.

Drums are pretty annoying at the football when you've just got some duracell-powered bozo smashing it indiscriminately. I wouldn't ban them though - if for no other reason than it doesn't make business sense.

You're going to upset a 14 year old kid who could be coming to games for another 70 years to appease the whims of an ageing misery-guts who is 10 Werthers Originals away from the old folks home? Nah.

Amberexile wrote:I never realised that getting wet is a breach of my human rights. I think the modern term is snowflake. God help us if it snowed on the poor dabs :lol:

George is, of course, spot on, the club can help themselves by limiting away drummers to the temporary stand. Improve revenue and improve the enjoyment of the game for our highest paying customers. Win-win solution.

Any other issues with nuisance behaviour can continue to be handled via a complaint to stewards as at present.
I find middle aged men who have failed to come to terms with the fact that they didn't make it as rock stars irritating. I find such people who compound this by ridiculously conflating every argument against their point of view with human rights, stupidity in the extreme.

I would ban such people from watching football. I would ban old people. Their slow pace of walking leaving the ground annoys me. I would ban people who want a beer at half time. They walk in front of me before the first half ends interfering with my view. The buggers do it again at the start of the second half. Tea drinkers, don't get me started, spilling their tea over me. Children, running around, ban them? I think the Baroness in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang had the right idea. As for women at games, oh dear, whoever thought that a good idea? Regrettably quite a few men seem to have developed the feminine habit of yapping away through out a game. Get rid of them, that's for sure. People who can't resist giving their opinion on the game. Out. The overweight, uncomfortable to sit next to they'd have to go, oh hang on a moment, I don't irritate surely?

Amberexile wrote:I never realised that getting wet is a breach of my human rights. I think the modern term is snowflake. God help us if it snowed on the poor dabs :lol:

How is he spot on? How many fans / hospitality box revenue have we lost due to the poor snowflake oldies worried about the slight possibility that there may be a drummer in the away end? Again, I was in hospitality, near the halfway line and didn’t even hear their drummer

Well, the club could always say "Thanks very much, but we'd rather not sell seats to whiny old gits and people who walk slowly". I and everyone else who ticks at least one of those boxes could say "Fair enough, we'll stay away". And my guess is revenue would fall.

But if they say to away supporters bringing drums, "Sorry, but you'll have to do your showing off on the open stand where the roof doesn't trap the sound" my guess is revenue wouldn't fall and might conceivably rise.