Getting the Sack

I heard a pundit on tv suggest that Mourinho was expert at “ manufacturing an exit “ . Presumably it carries little fear because of contracts being paid up and you get back into a job before too long. As football is all one big merry-go-round , it’s not a bad little number is it? If only ordinary jobs were like that eh? Once you’re on the manager merry-go-round you can’t really lose as the same names crop up all the time and some chairmen change managers like they’re changing their shirt.
Does anyone know if paying up a contract involves clauses like staged payments so that if a manager “ manufactures “ an exit and walks straight into another job, the payments end?

Re: Getting the Sack

lowandhard wrote:I heard a pundit on tv suggest that Mourinho was expert at “ manufacturing an exit “ . Presumably it carries little fear because of contracts being paid up and you get back into a job before too long. As football is all one big merry-go-round , it’s not a bad little number is it? If only ordinary jobs were like that eh? Once you’re on the manager merry-go-round you can’t really lose as the same names crop up all the time and some chairmen change managers like they’re changing their shirt.
Does anyone know if paying up a contract involves clauses like staged payments so that if a manager “ manufactures “ an exit and walks straight into another job, the payments end?
Depends on the contract negotiations. Remember Moyes had a relatively small £1,000,000 when Manchester United fired him. The League Managers Association will no doubt assist managers. Manchester United will no doubt have their own lawyers. In truth contracts of this nature will be negotiated twice. Once on entry, once on exit.

How effective Messrs Foxall & Co will have been, will I suspect for ever be a matter of speculation. :?

lowandhard wrote:I heard a pundit on tv suggest that Mourinho was expert at “ manufacturing an exit “ . Presumably it carries little fear because of contracts being paid up and you get back into a job before too long. As football is all one big merry-go-round , it’s not a bad little number is it? If only ordinary jobs were like that eh? Once you’re on the manager merry-go-round you can’t really lose as the same names crop up all the time and some chairmen change managers like they’re changing their shirt.
Depending on your position within a company, engineering the sack is definitely possible to achieve in my line of work. I've been trying my best for the past four months :lol:

rncfc wrote:
Depending on your position within a company, engineering the sack is definitely possible to achieve in my line of work. I've been trying my best for the past four months :lol:
Best of luck then :grin: I’d have had to poison someone to achieve it! :shock: :lol: