Re: GRANDSTAND: EXILES v CRAWLEY

Brutal game. As others have said, Wilmott just wandering around midfield aimlessly. Looked good when he went out wide later in match so not his fault. Bennett was awful first first half.

After Croft went off we had a midfield of Bennett and Bakinson. Crawley over ran us easily for rest of the game. We had no way to get ball forward due to no midfielders who could keep the ball so defenders just lumped high balls all day. Felt sorry for Matt and Podge who had very little service. Podge missed a few good chances which is unusual for him.

rodneyboy wrote:Shocking team selection again Mr Flynn.Robbie Wilmott doing nothing in central midfield and Sheehan kicking his heels sat on the bench.I'm seriously beginning to wonder.

You and me both...how Sheehan cant get a game but he keeps ,shoeing , his mate into midfield is unbelievable

Apart from one very good cross Wilmott did absolutely nothing all game...

How did he missed that open goal ?

neilcork68 wrote:
rodneyboy wrote:Shocking team selection again Mr Flynn.Robbie Wilmott doing nothing in central midfield and Sheehan kicking his heels sat on the bench.I'm seriously beginning to wonder.

You and me both...how Sheehan cant get a game but he keeps ,shoeing , his mate into midfield is unbelievable

Sheehan must be demoralised watching that game today and not being considered good enough to come off the bench. To play Robbie as a central attacking midfielder instead of Sheehan defies logic.

Very poor game from 2 sides struggling with confidence. No talent or anyone to make something special happen. Franks and MD both strong and committed. Midfield didn't really gel and occasionally got in each other's way.

Matt has superb control for a big fella but always had his back to goal. One decent cross all game and Robbie couldn't get on the end of it.

Ref and his assistants had good games.

Think the management team need to get the squad together and do something to work on their formation and confidence otherwise Leicester will run riot without breaking a sweat. Time to get an out and out winger in on loan methinks.

Dee

neilcork68 wrote:

Quite agree, and I'm one who appreciates RW's qualities, but he can't play central midfield.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Very poor game from 2 sides struggling with confidence. No talent or anyone to make something special happen. Franks and MD both strong and committed. Midfield didn't really gel and occasionally got in each other's way.

Matt has superb control for a big fella but always had his back to goal. One decent cross all game and Robbie couldn't get on the end of it.

Ref and his assistants had good games.

Think the management team need to get the squad together and do something to work on their formation and confidence otherwise Leicester will run riot without breaking a sweat. Time to get an out and out winger in on loan methinks.

Dee
County have an out and out winger but Flynn insists on playing him in the middle of the park.

Playing a back three,we have to play genuine CM players.Willmott is a wideman but starts ahead of Sheehan.Crofts goes off and Bennett moves to CM,then Dolan is replaced by out of form Bakinson,still no Sheehan.Forbes gets sacrificed to get Harris on with Willmott now covering at fullback.I may be doing him an injustice but was it him that stuck his leg out for the penalty appeal.I have to say though that the cross from Podge was ahead of Robbie so it was a hard chance to get on the end of.We finish the game just humping it anywhere.