Re: Leicester game ticket sales so far

daftasfxxx wrote:I think thr clubs been spot on Michael, the real supporter won't mind paying a few quid more to watch a premiership club go toe to toe with their own, the floaters won't turn up until the next big occasion no matter what anyway
Ok I'm obviously not a real supporter then you are right about the floaters tho they are there to watch Jamie vardy not county.ive seen him anyway playing for Fleetwood so not bothered by that when we get sub 3000crowd we will b told Newport don't deserve a football league club I'll bite my lip and not retaliate with phuck oph county don't deserve us looking forward to Exeter my next game will that admission price be increased as it's a play off place battle?as that's probably the next thing as happens at bigger clubs categorised games etc it's the thin end of the wedge

daftasfxxx wrote:Never admit your wrong
Good motto that
No. I have an opinion which I have not changed.

In my opinion for the reasons I give the club have been breathtakingly stupid. You are of course entitled to disagree.

Now when Westley was sacked I held the opinion that it was the wrong decision.My reasoning was that County were down and sacking him before the end of the season was a waste of money. I was clearly incorrect and said so. The fact that 7,500 will attend this afternoon's game is an argument that can be put against that which I hold.

Do try to understand nuance. Your post is clearly wrong and can be demonstrated as such. My opinion is one which can be disagreed with.But it remains my opinion.

Micheal wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:I think thr clubs been spot on Michael, the real supporter won't mind paying a few quid more to watch a premiership club go toe to toe with their own, the floaters won't turn up until the next big occasion no matter what anyway
Ok I'm obviously not a real supporter then you are right about the floaters tho they are there to watch Jamie vardy not county.ive seen him anyway playing for Fleetwood so not bothered by that when we get sub 3000crowd we will b told Newport don't deserve a football league club I'll bite my lip and not retaliate with phuck oph county don't deserve us looking forward to Exeter my next game will that admission price be increased as it's a play off place battle?as that's probably the next thing as happens at bigger clubs categorised games etc it's the thin end of the wedge
For the benefit of Daftas. I agree with Michael. It is possible that both Michael and me are wrong. We hold an opinion, that's all.

We have poor crowds when we do a £5 or £10 a game, we also now have had two large attendances when we’ve gone over £25 against Premier League teams.

A lot of the Newport public seem to only care about the big games and money doesn’t appear to be an issue then.

FWIW , I think it was probably a couple of pound overpriced for this game, BUT, we’ve sold out our tickets and hospitality and the club will make a good deal of much needed cash from it. Hopefully it’s spent wisely.

Alan G Bryant wrote:Anyone remember the attendance for the Fleetwood for £5 game?
For me football is a habit. To reach the optimum level football needs to be affordable. I am always in favour of one off promotions, but for me we need to allow everybody who wants to watch football to do so at an affordable price, all of the time.

Tell me Alan, why do you make your valid counter arguments as a snide little comment? Look at the thread started by Pemb's. We disagree fundamentally on an important issue. We are both able to articulate that without the need to be snide. Try it some time. :grin:

Exile 1976 wrote:We have poor crowds when we do a £5 or £10 a game, we also now have had two large attendances when we’ve gone over £25 against Premier League teams.

A lot of the Newport public seem to only care about the big games and money doesn’t appear to be an issue then.

FWIW , I think it was probably a couple of pound overpriced for this game, BUT, we’ve sold out our tickets and hospitality and the club will make a good deal of much needed cash from it. Hopefully it’s spent wisely.
If we win this afternoon we will probably get away with it. If we lose 3-0 in a boring game those who paid over the odds to stand on the north terrace probably won't bother to come again. That there will be 7.850 people in the ground this afternoon means that today we will have maximized revenue. Whether in the long term it is the best way forward id open to debate. My view is I think clear.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:We have poor crowds when we do a £5 or £10 a game, we also now have had two large attendances when we’ve gone over £25 against Premier League teams.

If we win this afternoon we will probably get away with it. If we lose 3-0 in a boring game those who paid over the odds to stand on the north terrace probably won't bother to come again. That there will be 7.850 people in the ground this afternoon means that today we will have maximized revenue. Whether in the long term it is the best way forward id open to debate. My view is I think clear.

I honestly think it doesn't really make a difference Brend. We played very well and drew with Spurs last season in front of 10k, soon afterwards our crowds went back down to the usual. What I am sure of though is if we draw another Premier League team next season we'd certainly get another bumper crowd.
I don't think it's 7,800 either, I was told by someone at the club that it's just over 6,800. Not sure why that is mind

whoareya wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Never admit your wrong
Good motto that
Don't you get it?

When Stan is wrong it becomes just an opinion that cannot be deemed wrong.

Even when he is wrong he can't bear to say it, so he says 'incorrect'......

Teflon shoulders. Innit.
The difference between a fact and an opinion is that a fact can't be disputed. Newport avoided relegation under Flynn two years ago. That is a fact. 7,850 people will attend the Leicester game is a fact. I am surprised that the game is a sell out. On that my opinion was wrong. I still think it was an incorrect decision to put up prices and restrict sales.

Wrong and incorrect have the same meaning.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I honestly think it doesn't really make a difference Brend. We played very well and drew with Spurs last season in front of 10k, soon afterwards our crowds went back down to the usual. What I am sure of though is if we draw another Premier League team next season we'd certainly get another bumper crowd.
I don't think it's 7,800 either, I was told by someone at the club that it's just over 6,800. Not sure why that is mind
The capacity for football is 7,850. Now some people will have bought ticket and not be able to attend. However if the crowd is below 7,500 the game will not be a sell out. If the club have chosen for logistical reasons not to sell tickets today then I shall be making further comment. :grin: