Totally new

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Totally new

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 8th, 2019, 8:06 pm

Serious point which I don't want to get lost. And for the sake of clarity I am not saying this to have a dig at any individual as I am equally responsible.

On another thread, to put things mildly matters have become somewhat heated. However notwithstanding what has been said a number of posters have questioned my mental health. For my own part I don't really care but I was struck by the following thought.

Mental illness is a scourge. It causes suffering every bit as terrible as physical illness and when one considers the number of young people with their lives before them who decide in depths of despair who end their lives, the sorrow for the families involved can't be imagined by those of us fortunate enough not to have been there.

We would never dream today of insulting someone by calling them a spastic. We know that to do so would be hurtful to those people with cerebal palsy. However when we thoughtlessly use terms which describe serious mental illnesses as an insult we fail to recognize the worth and dignity of those who do suffer such illness. And as a statistical fact many on this board do have direct contact with those who so suffer.

So feel free to call me a w@cnker, ******, plonker, liar, prick etc. But let's consign the mental health jokes to the dustbin where they belong.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Re: Totally new

Postby excessbee » January 8th, 2019, 8:09 pm

Shouldn't this be on the Anything Else forum. Let me stress I'm not suggesting removal, just relocation.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 8th, 2019, 8:11 pm

excessbee wrote:Shouldn't this be on the Anything Else forum. Let me stress I'm not suggesting removal, just relocation.

Yes but the problem, assuming you agree with me is on the main board. Lots of people don't go on anything else.
no avatar
User

Mr Tannenberg

Postby Mr Tannenberg » January 8th, 2019, 8:19 pm

This page would be a good case study for someone researching narcissism and god complexes.

You would be a psychologists wet dream, Stan.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Postby rncfc » January 8th, 2019, 8:21 pm

Fair comment; I've directed similar comments towards people in the past but my mental health has been questionable at best over the years!
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 8th, 2019, 8:22 pm

Mr Tannenberg wrote:This page would be a good case study for someone researching narcissism and god complexes.

Hello again newest member. You disgust me. I suspect you will find that even some of my most severe critics will find you as crass as I do.
no avatar
User

Mr Tannenberg

Postby Mr Tannenberg » January 8th, 2019, 8:24 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Mr Tannenberg wrote:This page would be a good case study for someone researching narcissism and god complexes.

Hello again newest member. You disgust me. I suspect you will find that even some of my most severe critics will find you as crass as I do.

Don't cry Stan 8)
User

Jack - Admin

Rank

Administrator

Postby Jack - Admin » January 8th, 2019, 9:20 pm

Thread moved; non-football related.
no avatar
User

The Newport

Postby The Newport » January 8th, 2019, 9:31 pm

Mr Tannenberg wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Don't cry Stan 8)

This is going off the subject Stan, I have watched your video and totally agree with you. There's something not quite right about how the Club have handled the ticket situation. I have a few ideas how they could have handled it differently myself. Anyway going back to the person who has replied to the post above "Mr Tannenberg". I have gone back through a few posts of yours and I noticed quite a while ago you had problems with a certain individual who had a bit of a disagreement with you. Do you remember that persons name. I would like to mention that persons name on here but just in case I'm wrong but I don't think that I am. What do you think Stan could it be that person?
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » January 9th, 2019, 9:22 am

I may be putting two and together and making five, but if your line of thought is that because the first five letters of my surname are the same as in "Tannenberg" it might be me - it isn't, and I have no idea who it is.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 9th, 2019, 11:29 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:I may be putting two and together and making five, but if your line of thought is that because the first five letters of my surname are the same as in "Tannenberg" it might be me - it isn't, and I have no idea who it is.

It didn't occur to me that it may of been.

To be clear on one thing. You and me disagree on much. Let us not beat about the bush, I don't like your world view and you don't like mine.

However, unlike many of my critics, you have never hidden who you are. For that quality you have my respect.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » January 9th, 2019, 8:43 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:I may be putting two and together and making five, but if your line of thought is that because the first five letters of my surname are the same as in "Tannenberg" it might be me - it isn't, and I have no idea who it is.

To be clear on one thing. You and me disagree on much. Let us not beat about the bush, I don't like your world view and you don't like mine.

However, unlike many of my critics, you have never hidden who you are. For that quality you have my respect.

Good grief. Is this the first step on a reconciliation ladder?
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 9th, 2019, 9:30 pm

pembsexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Good grief. Is this the first step on a reconciliation ladder?

I remember years ago a Tory MP during the hunger strikes in Northern Ireland saying in terms the following.

They may be murders, they are total scum, I hate everything they stand for. But to refer to people who are prepared to sit in a cell and starve themselves to death as cowards, isn't a credible argument to make.

Clearly I don't equate George to a terrorist or scum. Neither to I share George's values. But the principle remains. George does not hide behind the cloak of anonymity, to argue otherwise would not be credible.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » January 10th, 2019, 10:06 am

Stan, outside the context of discussing issues around supporting the same football team here you know nothing about my values and I have no interest in yours.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 10th, 2019, 12:06 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:Stan, outside the context of discussing issues around supporting the same football team here you know nothing about my values and I have no interest in yours.

To an extent true. I listen to the views of those who disagree with me with interest. I also know, because you posted it that you believe Jeremy Hunt was a disaster as Health Secretary. I know you believe that County should not sign players who are involved in 'disgusting' sexual practises, I know you believe it is acceptable to ask whether people who were critical of Terry Butcher are guilty of Sectarianism, based on them supporting Hibs alone. I could go on.

I agree with you about Jeremy Hunt.