Questions?

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Countymadbell

Posts

156

Questions?

Postby Countymadbell » January 13th, 2019, 7:29 pm

What's going on at my County is the question I'm asking? Think it all started at the yeovil game, to lose so heavily at home was truly unbelievable. Then there was the player bonus for being second coming into question? Then Flynny being touted for every position that came available didn't help. And our form since has really been relegation form. So come on Mike let's get back to basics i think for starters
no avatar
User

mad norm

Posts

5521

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Questions?

Postby mad norm » January 13th, 2019, 7:40 pm

Can't argue with that
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Posts

6440

Re: Questions?

Postby neilcork68 » January 13th, 2019, 7:47 pm

Who is saying he was touted for the jobs ? Just because the bookies had him in the list of possibles doesn't mean that any club wanted him.
MF himself stated ( I can only assume its true ) that his agent , himself and the club hadn't been approached about his availability.
It could have just been forum talk.
I am sorry but 'on paper' his management record was better than Rickets but he was the man Shrewsbury wanted, Fans are assuming that Flynn was in with a chance ..He wasn't even on the radar for Rovers ( so I hear).
The rest I agree with
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Posts

209

Re: Questions?

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » January 13th, 2019, 10:55 pm

Small League 2 side with a small fans-funded budget underperforms after a couple of key injuries shocker.

Like a few fans, I've been impressed with the camaradarie and brave defending in recent weeks but less impressed with the lack of a Plan B or creative player who can turn a game.

The ups and downs of a small pro club sharing a pitch and training facilities - most such sides will have a good run then a poor run and their season fizzled out or, depending on your realism, is a fair representation of our club's standing in the Lge2 pecking order.

A couple of good FA Cup runs have shown the players' pluck, but equally poor showings in the Checkatrade Trophy in recent years show where we are in terms of ability (after all, like the competition or hate it it's designed for lower-league teams like us to grab a bit of glory).

As someone who thinks I have a certain knowledge of the game at this level there are things I would do differently (different formation to grind out results, players I would play in different positions etc) but I have to be realistic as I only see the players once a week live or in TV, as opposed to seeing them train 5 days a week.

The real questions for me are can we realistically afford better players or coaches at our level? I think I know the answer to that one.
no avatar
User

Collars

Posts

274

Re: Questions?

Postby Collars » January 14th, 2019, 1:59 pm

For me we really need to address the number of goals we're conceding. Hopefully some new faces would arrive but in the meantime I'd be seriously considering away from home going with Vashon and Butler on the left and Pipe and Forbes on the right. Lets just be solid and difficult to beat for a few games and see how that works! We've always got a goal in us here and there but lets stops conceding 2s and 3s so regularly!
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Posts

6440

Re: Questions?

Postby neilcork68 » January 14th, 2019, 2:05 pm

Collars wrote:For me we really need to address the number of goals we're conceding. Hopefully some new faces would arrive but in the meantime I'd be seriously considering away from home going with Vashon and Butler on the left and Pipe and Forbes on the right. Lets just be solid and difficult to beat for a few games and see how that works! We've always got a goal in us here and there but lets stops conceding 2s and 3s so regularly!



Stop talking sense on here please :wink:
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

11352

Re: Questions?

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 14th, 2019, 2:46 pm

neilcork68 wrote:
Collars wrote:For me we really need to address the number of goals we're conceding. Hopefully some new faces would arrive but in the meantime I'd be seriously considering away from home going with Vashon and Butler on the left and Pipe and Forbes on the right. Lets just be solid and difficult to beat for a few games and see how that works! We've always got a goal in us here and there but lets stops conceding 2s and 3s so regularly!



Stop talking sense on here please :wink:


I agree. The onus to entertain is on the home side. It's not on us.


(Hope you all noticed the attempt at humour there.)
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Posts

8452

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: Questions?

Postby lowandhard » January 14th, 2019, 4:31 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I agree. The onus to entertain is on the home side. It's not on us.


(Hope you all noticed the attempt at humour there.)


Please don’t tell us you’re here all week :grin:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bishbashbosh, Blackandamber, Bristolexile, Cornish Exile, Exile 1976, Percy plunkett and 69 guests

Powered by phpBB ®