New recruits

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Posts

8351

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

New recruits

Postby lowandhard » January 14th, 2019, 12:24 pm

no avatar
User

Loyalfoot

Posts

512

Re: New recruits

Postby Loyalfoot » January 14th, 2019, 12:37 pm

Let's hope we see them very soon
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Posts

6320

Re: New recruits

Postby neilcork68 » January 14th, 2019, 1:06 pm

Are we playing poor recently ? YES what has MF done about it ? not much as he keeps a core of 8 players who seem to get picked irrelevant of form......Franks and Demetriou , great as individuals but as a pair isnt working ,try one with Bennett or O'Brien instead if he persists in playing his favoured back 4

Do we need extra players because of this ? PROBABLY

If you are a current first team player reading this how would you feel ? P issed off because you know your position is under threat

If you were a current squad member such as Sheehan and Marsh Brown who hasn't been given a real chance to prove yourself , how would you feel reading this ? PRETTY P ISSED OFF. ( Harris may have gone to Warnock and asked not to be sent back to us as he wasnt getting much game time ?)

Solutions ?

Sign Players ( three I think MF is quoting ) ? Not sure signing that many will help. He signed one , he had a decent game after a shaky start then was dropped when butler returned from suspension...
Play a system that suits your current squad ? We , IMO havent got centrehalfs or fullbacks to play in a back 4,

Play players in there right places ? Forbes and Butler are wingbacks , Bennett isnt a midfielder , Wilmott can only play out wide not in a three man midfield, playing Semenyo , Amond and Matt leaves us exposed at the back, Franks and Demetriou are too similar to play as a pair , great individually but together ?

Make a decision on Crofts and Labadie because they are being paid and seemingly taking the pee out of the club....(4 weeks for a blister ?-re the rumours on Crofts).......
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Posts

8351

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: New recruits

Postby lowandhard » January 14th, 2019, 3:49 pm

Agree with Neil about Crofts and Labadie and playing the others out of position but disagree with him about how many we need. I don’t think we need three, I think we need four. :lol:
I think Flynn will try for a rb , a midfielder and another forward. I’d leave the forwards alone and go for a rb,cb and two midfielders and pay off Crofts and Labadie ( all if we can afford it ) . We’ve shipped out Foulston who imho we should have been brought on to give him a few minutes here and there and we’ve moved on Cooper , T Owen-Evans , Touray so we’ve got or should have a bit of wages leeway especially with the cup money.

The reason I say four is that all year imho our midfield has been utter sh!te , the only little ray of light was Bakinson who has gone backwards because he’s had nobody playing consistently and well alongside him to help him, imho Dolan has been poor, Bennett is too slow and better in defence ( where he reads the game well ) and the others either always unfit or in Sheehan’s and Marsh-Brown’s case obviously not fancied for a start by the manager. I make no mention of Wilmott who is a winger not a midfielder.
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Posts

4554

Re: New recruits

Postby Cornish Exile » January 14th, 2019, 8:16 pm

neilcork68 wrote:Are we playing poor recently ? YES what has MF done about it ? not much as he keeps a core of 8 players who seem to get picked irrelevant of form......Franks and Demetriou , great as individuals but as a pair isnt working ,try one with Bennett or O'Brien instead if he persists in playing his favoured back 4

Do we need extra players because of this ? PROBABLY

If you are a current first team player reading this how would you feel ? P issed off because you know your position is under threat

If you were a current squad member such as Sheehan and Marsh Brown who hasn't been given a real chance to prove yourself , how would you feel reading this ? PRETTY P ISSED OFF. ( Harris may have gone to Warnock and asked not to be sent back to us as he wasnt getting much game time ?)

Solutions ?

Sign Players ( three I think MF is quoting ) ? Not sure signing that many will help. He signed one , he had a decent game after a shaky start then was dropped when butler returned from suspension...
Play a system that suits your current squad ? We , IMO havent got centrehalfs or fullbacks to play in a back 4,

Play players in there right places ? Forbes and Butler are wingbacks , Bennett isnt a midfielder , Wilmott can only play out wide not in a three man midfield, playing Semenyo , Amond and Matt leaves us exposed at the back, Franks and Demetriou are too similar to play as a pair , great individually but together ?

Make a decision on Crofts and Labadie because they are being paid and seemingly taking the pee out of the club....(4 weeks for a blister ?-re the rumours on Crofts).......


I disagree with your comments about Labadie.

He was coming back gradually from a career threatening injury, when he was kicked on the same knee.

How is that "taking the pee"? Most professional footballers would prefer to spend their time out on the pitch, rather than in the treatment room.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Posts

6320

Re: New recruits

Postby neilcork68 » January 14th, 2019, 10:13 pm

Cornish Exile wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Are we playing poor recently ? YES what has MF done about it ? not much as he keeps a core of 8 players who seem to get picked irrelevant of form......Franks and Demetriou , great as individuals but as a pair isnt working ,try one with Bennett or O'Brien instead if he persists in playing his favoured back 4

Do we need extra players because of this ? PROBABLY

If you are a current first team player reading this how would you feel ? P issed off because you know your position is under threat

If you were a current squad member such as Sheehan and Marsh Brown who hasn't been given a real chance to prove yourself , how would you feel reading this ? PRETTY P ISSED OFF. ( Harris may have gone to Warnock and asked not to be sent back to us as he wasnt getting much game time ?)

Solutions ?

Sign Players ( three I think MF is quoting ) ? Not sure signing that many will help. He signed one , he had a decent game after a shaky start then was dropped when butler returned from suspension...
Play a system that suits your current squad ? We , IMO havent got centrehalfs or fullbacks to play in a back 4,

Play players in there right places ? Forbes and Butler are wingbacks , Bennett isnt a midfielder , Wilmott can only play out wide not in a three man midfield, playing Semenyo , Amond and Matt leaves us exposed at the back, Franks and Demetriou are too similar to play as a pair , great individually but together ?

Make a decision on Crofts and Labadie because they are being paid and seemingly taking the pee out of the club....(4 weeks for a blister ?-re the rumours on Crofts).......


I disagree with your comments about Labadie.

He was coming back gradually from a career threatening injury, when he was kicked on the same knee.

How is that "taking the pee"? Most professional footballers would prefer to spend their time out on the pitch, rather than in the treatment room.




Crofts only played 4 times for Scunthorpe last year and didn't complete 90 minutes in any of those games . He must have thought he hit the jackpot to get another club to give him a contract for another year at his age and that record.
As you say MOST but there are others who are quite happy picking up a wage for doing nothing as well
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Posts

4554

Re: New recruits

Postby Cornish Exile » January 15th, 2019, 9:39 pm

neilcork68 wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Are we playing poor recently ? YES what has MF done about it ? not much as he keeps a core of 8 players who seem to get picked irrelevant of form......Franks and Demetriou , great as individuals but as a pair isnt working ,try one with Bennett or O'Brien instead if he persists in playing his favoured back 4

Do we need extra players because of this ? PROBABLY

If you are a current first team player reading this how would you feel ? P issed off because you know your position is under threat

If you were a current squad member such as Sheehan and Marsh Brown who hasn't been given a real chance to prove yourself , how would you feel reading this ? PRETTY P ISSED OFF. ( Harris may have gone to Warnock and asked not to be sent back to us as he wasnt getting much game time ?)

Solutions ?

Sign Players ( three I think MF is quoting ) ? Not sure signing that many will help. He signed one , he had a decent game after a shaky start then was dropped when butler returned from suspension...
Play a system that suits your current squad ? We , IMO havent got centrehalfs or fullbacks to play in a back 4,

Play players in there right places ? Forbes and Butler are wingbacks , Bennett isnt a midfielder , Wilmott can only play out wide not in a three man midfield, playing Semenyo , Amond and Matt leaves us exposed at the back, Franks and Demetriou are too similar to play as a pair , great individually but together ?

Make a decision on Crofts and Labadie because they are being paid and seemingly taking the pee out of the club....(4 weeks for a blister ?-re the rumours on Crofts).......


I disagree with your comments about Labadie.

He was coming back gradually from a career threatening injury, when he was kicked on the same knee.

How is that "taking the pee"? Most professional footballers would prefer to spend their time out on the pitch, rather than in the treatment room.




Crofts only played 4 times for Scunthorpe last year and didn't complete 90 minutes in any of those games . He must have thought he hit the jackpot to get another club to give him a contract for another year at his age and that record.
As you say MOST but there are others who are quite happy picking up a wage for doing nothing as well



I didn't mention Crofts, my comments were about Labadie.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Posts

3572

Location

Caerphilly

Re: New recruits

Postby rncfc » January 15th, 2019, 10:16 pm

Labadie has earned the right to have his hand held back to full fitness, totally agree.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amberexile, butlinsamber, llanwern exile, Lliswerry 2L's, Tony P and 58 guests

Powered by phpBB ®