Re: Tickets available at inflated prices

Morganrum wrote:I was off Friday so I offered to queue for my mates and picked up 8 tickets which was 4 season tickets and 4 guests. I also tried to pick up 2 with my boro ticket but wasn't allowed.
I don't for one moment disbelieve you. However two points. Firstly there is nothing to stop others doing the same but selling on the tickets if they wished.

Secondly season ticket holders getting two tickets meant that people like Corkie didn't get any.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Morganrum wrote:I was off Friday so I offered to queue for my mates and picked up 8 tickets which was 4 season tickets and 4 guests. I also tried to pick up 2 with my boro ticket but wasn't allowed.
I don't for one moment disbelieve you. However two points. Firstly there is nothing to stop others doing the same but selling on the tickets if they wished.

Secondly season ticket holders getting two tickets meant that people like Corkie didn't get any.
There's nothing stopping people selling tickets on under any system if people aren't bothered about being caught. Jesus, if I fancied making a quick buck I could do it - right now.

Here we go;

£500 for a ticket anyone?

What are the Board supposed to do to stop that?

Ironsider wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Ironside

Before you go off on another rant aimed at me Frank (scored a cracking goal on Saturday by the way)
Try steadily reading my thread.
I agree there is nothing in the rumour of ticket touts getting County end tickets it just has not happened.
My thread states and I do believe you are a board member why keep on replying to Stan as its a no news event.
Now seriously if you think I am waffling regarding ladies and infirm county supporters standing in the rain for hours is hyperbole.
All I can say is You sir are a disgrace.
You clearly are not the brightest on here so just to confirm in Capitals.

THERE ARE NOT HUNDREDS OF TICKETS AVAILABLE TO TOUTS.

Now do you understand I F*****ing agree with you okay?
I totally 100% disagree with Stans views.

An apology would be nice .

Thanks Frank
Hi Harps,

I refuse to take lectures off someone who has had more aliases than Frank William Abagnale.

Regards,

Your imaginary board member.
FFS

I agree with you about
"THERE ARE NO TICKETS FOR COUNTY END TOUTS TO SELL ON"

Seriously are you acting dull deliberately.

I see no comment from you on the infirm and ladies with babes in the Queue though.
Very Sad.
ps who is Frank William Abagnale?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

There's nothing to stop anyone selling anything at an inflated price, if the demand is there.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

We have sold our tickets to mates that aren't season tickets holders or trust members but attend games as I'm sure others have.

One of the benefits of being a season ticket holder is the option of two tickets for a cup game, that's why I paid in the summer. The goalposts have not been moved.

I'm genuinely sorry for any proper fan that's missed out but you'll never please everyone when the demand outstrips the supply.
Last edited by Morganrum on February 12th, 2019, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rncfc wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

There's nothing stopping people selling tickets on under any system if people aren't bothered about being caught. Jesus, if I fancied making a quick buck I could do it - right now.

Here we go;

Only sell one ticket to each person in the queue.

You can't stop touts when demand outstrips supply. You can only make harder for them. In my view the club failed to do that.

That Raymond Burr seems to conflate that to me saying 500 tickets were in the hands of touts is so farfetched as to making me laugh out load.

Try reading what I say, not what others say I say.

Edit.

By all means disagree but don't disagree with Ironside's fertile imagination of my words. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Here we go;

Only sell one ticket to each person in the queue.

You can't stop touts when demand outstrips supply. You can only make harder for them. In my view the club failed to do that.

That Raymond Burr seems to conflate that to me saying 500 tickets were in the hands of touts is so farfetched as to making me laugh out load.

Edit.

By all means disagree but don't disagree with Ironside's fertile imagination of my words. :grin:

FFS Brendan! I’ve already given you examples of people that have a ticket that are now not able to go so are going to sell their tickets. There is simply nothing the club can do about that. It’s not just those ST holders that had 2 tickets (which is one of the perks of being a ST holder) and are selling one.

You’re seriously just looking to have a go at the Board no matter what, that’s ridiculous mate, I’ve always said that I believe that whether I agree with your posts that you’ve always had Newport County club/fans best interests at heart, but on this issue I think it’s simply a stick to keep hitting the club with no matter what. That’s really disappointing.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
....... Only sell one ticket to each person in the queue. .....

Have to pick up on this. I queued for ninety minutes on Friday with three season tickets in my hand. Three of us queuing (repeated many times over) would have stretched the queue halfway round the cabbage patch and slowed the process down immensely. What would that have achieved?
Last edited by excessbee on February 12th, 2019, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Only sell one ticket to each person in the queue.

Edit.

So, on last Friday morning (a schoolday nonetheless), your proposal was that;

a) I take the day off work
b) My partner takes the day off work
c) My two eldest kids take the day off school
d) We all queue for tickets to honour the 1 per person rule

Similarly, if a family of 4 or 5 went to the 'Boro game, you want them to all queue up together? INSANE!

By putting more tickets into the hands of season ticket holder and trust members rather than people who attended a one-off game v 'Boro, you are patently tipping the balance of power away from touts and into the hands of fans. Your argument is ill thought out, and quite obviously aimed at satisfying a very boring agenda.

excessbee wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Have to pick up on this. I queued for ninety minutes on Friday with three season tickets in my hand. Three of us queuing (repeated many time over) would have stretched the queue halfway round the cabbage patch and slowed the process down immensely. What would that have achieved?

I disagree. I disagree more that you should be able to buy six tickets.

However the major problem was the selling of multiple numbers when the Middlesbrough tickets came into play. Anyone could print off multiple tickets which would not have sufficed for getting into the Middlesbrough game but worked for getting more tickets for Manchester City.

At the expense of many genuine fans.

rncfc wrote:

Edit.

Similarly, if a family of 4 or 5 went to the 'Boro game, you want them to all queue up together? INSANE!

By putting more tickets into the hands of season ticket holder and trust members rather than people who attended a one-off game v 'Boro, you are patently tipping the balance of power away from touts and into the hands of fans. Your argument is ill thought out, and quite obviously aimed at satisfying a very boring agenda.
So how do you explain why 6,000 tickets were enough for season ticket holders and trust members v Middlesbrough but 8,000 tickets weren't enough v Manchester City?

I am glad you got a ticket, I am glad your mates did. Shame about those who didn't.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Have to pick up on this. I queued for ninety minutes on Friday with three season tickets in my hand. Three of us queuing (repeated many time over) would have stretched the queue halfway round the cabbage patch and slowed the process down immensely. What would that have achieved?

However the major problem was the selling of multiple numbers when the Middlesbrough tickets came into play. Anyone could print off multiple tickets which would not have sufficed for getting into the Middlesbrough game but worked for getting more tickets for Manchester City.

Deleted. Fed up with this bollocks
Last edited by Exile 1976 on February 12th, 2019, 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:

Edit.

So how do you explain why 6,000 tickets were enough for season ticket holders and trust members v Middlesbrough but 8,000 tickets weren't enough v Manchester City?

I am glad you got a ticket, I am glad your mates did. Shame about those who didn't.
Well deflected, as per usual.

Your proposal was that all supporters, young and old, should have queued up for one ticket each on a school day? Even with the benefit of hindsight you're unable to put a decent plan together.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I can see that you are disagreeing that I should have been able to get six tickets..... I didn't. You've not explained why three people need to queue for three tickets when one person doing so is so much more efficient.
Last edited by excessbee on February 12th, 2019, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I very much doubt that in the history of internet message forums, there has ever been a bigger embarrassment than Stan.

Despite Flouncegate, Redwoodgate, Hopkinsgate, ShitVlogGate and all the others, even this latest espisode of Ticketgate has not stopped our man from continually being proved wrong time and time again. What an utter fool.

And before you reply Stan let me do it for you:

‘You are entitled to you opinion. I am am entitled to mine. Readers of this forum will no doubt read both opinions and make their own mind up.’

Yes Stan, yes they will. The vast majority if not all will make their mind up that you are completely off your tits.