WRU / DRAGONS PLANS FOR REDEVELOPMENT OF RODDERS

Today's Argus - the rats are starting to come out from behind the bull crap.

......"However, Rodney Parade chiefs are confident that they will have scope for improvement rather than just being a feeder team for the men from the Arms Park.

Key to that is the development of the Rodney Parade site, while the region have also been attracting interest from private investors that would allow them to top up their funding and improve their on-field "....

Buttress is just a stooge for the WRU, the COUNCIL and all involved MUST GET INVOLVED AND STOP THIS.

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... ack-anchor

Re: WRU / DRAGONS PLANS FOR REDEVELOPMENT OF RODDERS

The NCFC Hippy wrote:Today's Argus - the rats are starting to come out from behind the bull crap.

......"However, Rodney Parade chiefs are confident that they will have scope for improvement rather than just being a feeder team for the men from the Arms Park.

Key to that is the development of the Rodney Parade site, while the region have also been attracting interest from private investors that would allow them to top up their funding and improve their on-field "....

Buttress is just a stooge for the WRU, the COUNCIL and all involved MUST GET INVOLVED AND STOP THIS.

Stop what? Nothing new in these latest statements.

The NCFC Hippy wrote:

This is where I have a problem. He has said that he is willing to talk to County supporters. If that discussion is not happening then there are two possibilities. Either Mr Buttress is an unmitigated rogue or the powers that be at County don't want him to.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
The NCFC Hippy wrote:

This is where I have a problem. He has said that he is willing to talk to County supporters. If that discussion is not happening then there are two possibilities. Either Mr Buttress is an unmitigated rogue or the powers that be at County don't want him to.
Which begs the question - who are the powers to be in relation to a meeting between the supporters of the club and a third party?
My answer is that it should be the Supporters Club now that the club is being run by the Trust but I'm not sure they would see this as something within their remit.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
The NCFC Hippy wrote:

Forgive me for being obtuse , but what exactly is stopping him from talking to the County supporters?

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
The NCFC Hippy wrote:

Which begs the question - who are the powers to be in relation to a meeting between the supporters of the club and a third party?
My answer is that it should be the Supporters Club now that the club is being run by the Trust but I'm not sure they would see this as something within their remit.

Who are the Supporters Club ?

Members formed the Trust.
Members appoint Trust Directors to the Trust Board.
A Trust Board Director sits with several other non-elected and/or co-opted Directors on the Club Board.
The Club Board makes all the decisions.

whoareya wrote:
Amberexile wrote: Which begs the question - who are the powers to be in relation to a meeting between the supporters of the club and a third party?

Who are the Supporters Club ?

Members formed the Trust.
Members appoint Trust Directors to the Trust Board.
A Trust Board Director sits with several other non-elected and/or co-opted Directors on the Club Board.
The Club Board makes all the decisions.
That's the point.
Who independently represents the supporters?
The Supporters Club pre-dates the Trust, they even pre-date the old lifeline subscription system, I think they had a hand in setting it up and running it at the time.
They have done much good over the years and currently their main role, as far as I can see, is to run the coaches to away games.
As I see it, if the supporters need and independent voice, this is the natural place for it.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:I'm obviously missing something. Can someone explain to me what is different from the latest statements coming from the Dragons than has been said by them ever since the WRU bought RP.?
Exactly , 14 months ago Mr Buttress was highlighting the urgency of redeveloping RP, I have not seen anything since.
It seems to me they have no plan.
Perhaps they are waiting for the outcome of the WRUs 'reset', but obviously I'm guessing. The point I'm raising though is why the call now for the council and all involved to stop this, and for a meeting with Mr Buttress? I believe there has been a recent quote on this forum reporting that Mr Buttress sees 3 teams continuing to play at RP?

Amberexile wrote:Who independently represents the supporters?
This is it. And if there is an entity, are they/we doing enough by it? I believe if we can unlock the potential in this area, we can sell the dream of the Trust more commercially, rather than just to our core base. This could be its own thread!

Alan G Bryant wrote:Exactly , 14 months ago Mr Buttress was highlighting the urgency of redeveloping RP, I have not seen anything since.
It seems to me they have no plan.
IF, and to be honest I have zero clue, he turns out to be full of s..oundbites, what's our move? At what point do we the owners get involved, which ever direction we head down. Did we give a mandate to the board to make these decisions at the elections? Genuine question.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
The NCFC Hippy wrote:

...or nobody has taken him up on his offer?

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
The NCFC Hippy wrote:

I agree the powers that be have not taken him up on the offer because?

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
The NCFC Hippy wrote:

I don't know how true it is but I have been told this previously. As I said, it could just be a rumour.