Re: Does anybody know.

Alan G Bryant wrote:Nope !
But you can bet your kidneys there will be a few tapping away on here.
Probably a safe bet. Although I wish the energy I see on this board could be harnessed and used in a more constructive way.
Percy plunkett wrote:There are loads of businessesmen desperate to join the board.We were told they are just waiting for Pring and Bowkett to resign,then they will come in.
Is that a fact or rumour? Or sarcasm? And why would the fact they are on the board be a turn off for these potential candidates? For the uninformed like myself.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Papski wrote:Fair shout.

Does anyone see there being many people putting their names forward to challenge them?

Nope !
Ridiculous comment. There will be millions of people 'tapping away' on keyboards at the upcoming general election whenever it happens. Guess what? They won't be putting themselves up for election as an MP either.

As an exile I am far removed from the personalities of the people associated with the County. I would love to know your connection to the board because you seem to want to defend them whatever the circumstances. You seem to be the Chief Whip of the Board. Very, very strange.

Totally agree Pembs where you make some excellent observations.

Sadly the Trust continues to work to its own seemingly secret agenda and any criticism brings forward the usual attack dogs.
Last September we were promised the following in respect of the vote on the hybrid model:-

Before we table any resolution to the members there is a significant amount of work to be undertaken to ensure that all the known factors are presented to allow a decision
• To support this the Board intend to:

Hold a number of members’ meetings to give a balanced view on what the
options will mean
• There will be one in the first quarter of next year

• Any likely vote to change the ownership model is likely to be after the season
ends – for obvious reasons
• The Board will provide supporting documentation that gives substance to any proposed change the basis that sits behind it.

It is now the 2nd April so have I missed the promised meeting, indeed there has not even been any published Board meeting minutes since those published last December?

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:Totally agree Pembs where you make some excellent observations.

Sadly the Trust continues to work to its own seemingly secret agenda and any criticism brings forward the usual attack dogs.
Last September we were promised the following in respect of the vote on the hybrid model:-

Before we table any resolution to the members there is a significant amount of work to be undertaken to ensure that all the known factors are presented to allow a decision

options will mean

• Any likely vote to change the ownership model is likely to be after the season
• The Board will provide supporting documentation that gives substance to any proposed change the basis that sits behind it.

It is now the 2nd April so have I missed the promised meeting, indeed there has not even been any published Board meeting minutes since those published last December?
Unfortunately the board of directors of Newport County have form for not telling the truth and going incandescent with self righteous indignation when anyone has the temerity to point this out.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:Totally agree Pembs where you make some excellent observations.

options will mean

Unfortunately the board of directors of Newport County have form for not telling the truth and going incandescent with self righteous indignation when anyone has the temerity to point this out.
Pot, kettle, black.

pembsexile wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
Papski wrote:Fair shout.

Does anyone see there being many people putting their names forward to challenge them?

Nope !
Ridiculous comment. There will be millions of people 'tapping away' on keyboards at the upcoming general election whenever it happens. Guess what? They won't be putting themselves up for election as an MP either.

As an exile I am far removed from the personalities of the people associated with the County. I would love to know your connection to the board because you seem to want to defend them whatever the circumstances. You seem to be the Chief Whip of the Board. Very, very strange.
Are you Stan's spin doctor?

Amberexile wrote:I doubt there is a single fan who is happy with every aspect of how the club is currently run. However, I have no doubt that were any of the current board to sit for re-election tomorrow, they would be a shoo in.
I suspect that you are right.

However the reason for that is potentially that because of the way the club has been run many potential supporters of the club being supporter owned have lost interest. Look at the number of people who actually vote.

Secondly even if that is wrong not holding elections is wrong. At the end of last year Kevin Ward announced on here in response to my question that the election was due in May. They should be held. It is that simple.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:I suspect that you are right.

Agreed.
However the reason for that is potentially that because of the way the club has been run many potential supporters of the club being supporter owned have lost interest. Look at the number of people who actually vote.
Agreed. I believe we should sell the dream of owning the club and not the fear of losing the club.
Secondly even if that is wrong not holding elections is wrong. At the end of last year Kevin Ward announced on here in response to my question that the election was due in May. They should be held. It is that simple.
Agreed, they should be held and will be held. Surely we should see the 2017/18 accounts before any elections are considered?

Fao Ironside. Sorry can't reply to more than 3 quotes.

Quote - Are you Stan's spin doctor.

Answer, hmm, I would rather be known by some as Stan' spin doctor than be known as Alan G Bryant poodle/lapdog. Suck, suck, lick lick.

I have a question for you. Do you ever query what the Board say or even what they are not saying in this case?

pembsexile wrote: Answer, hmm, I would rather be known by some as Stan' spin doctor than be known as Alan G Bryant poodle/lapdog. Suck, suck, lick lick.
More homophobic innuendos coming out of Stan's camp - namely from his chief sycophant this time.

I suppose if you lie down with dogs you get fleas.

Such a shame we have moronic and backwards supporters such as these pair of buffoons.