Re: New Shirt Sponsor

SJG99 wrote:Incidentally, I would have thought at least someone would have twigged that the reason the club didn't launch the kit until this week was they needed for Huddersfield/Paddy Power's headline "no shirt sponsorship" gimmick to play out last week.

We launched our kit on the first working day after the Huddersfield "real" kit launch and Paddy Power's new "no sponsor" gimmick, which was definitely no coincidence.

Always nice when the club gets it absolutely spot on.
Agreed , perhaps some of the minority will now understand why certain information has to remain confidential for a period. I doubt it though. The same people attacking the club at every opportunity is getting so boring.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
SJG99 wrote:Incidentally, I would have thought at least someone would have twigged that the reason the club didn't launch the kit until this week was they needed for Huddersfield/Paddy Power's headline "no shirt sponsorship" gimmick to play out last week.

We launched our kit on the first working day after the Huddersfield "real" kit launch and Paddy Power's new "no sponsor" gimmick, which was definitely no coincidence.

Always nice when the club gets it absolutely spot on.
Agreed , perhaps some of the minority will now understand why certain information has to remain confidential for a period. I doubt it though. The same people attacking the club at every opportunity is getting so boring.
It could also be said the same person with rose tinted glasses, up on a cloud, head in the sand is by far more boring than any comments from your so called minority.

ps Have you had a look yet for my e mail?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:Excellent cartoon in today's Guardian by David Squires, taking aim at "banter bets"-style gambling firms' cosy relationships with football.
Thank you for that link. I miss the Guardian it has to be said. We know that Paddy Power are not sponsoring Motherwell. Anyone know any sponsor of any other team in Scotland, including Celtic and Rangers.

Very clever that Paddy.
We all miss the Guardian :) whatever happened to it? Now part of the MSM establishment Tory team.

Afternoon all
I admit to being thick sometimes.
Can some good soul explain the "Unsponsoring"and "Save our shirt" bit....the nuances are totally lost on me.
In today's "I" some lower League clubs making a stand by Not being sponsored by betting firm.
I like the shirt design...original and inventive.
Doubtless there will be "Gamble Aware" logo on our shirts as well
Why are scratch cards available at every point of sale?
Why don't they have gamble aware in front of point of sale?
Fixed odds betting terminal stake reduced yet £10 scratch card no prob?
Hypocrisy at all levels.
I'm gonna have a cuppa
Cheers :bounce:

Norm, as far as I am aware, all the unsponsoring means is that PP is the official club sponsor without their logo on the team shirt. It is a form of oneupmanship on the other sponsors. Good bit of PR if you ask me. Trying to gain some kudos with the fans. Fair enough.

PP did make a media statement about it earlier. As some say though, ‘it is still a betting company’.

pembsexile wrote:Norm, as far as I am aware, all the unsponsoring means is that PP is the official club sponsor without their logo on the team shirt. It is a form of oneupmanship on the other sponsors. Good bit of PR if you ask me. Trying to gain some kudos with the fans. Fair enough.

PP did make a media statement about it earlier. As some say though, ‘it is still a betting company’.
That's the point Mike, we're all talking about Paddy Power. Now I think my views about bookmakers are well enough known. That others take a less idealistic, or more pragmatic approach, depending on your point of view, is for me a valid position to take. The idea propagated by some, that Paddy Power is somehow doing this out of anything other than self interest strikes me as ridiculous.

lowandhard wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
lowandhard wrote:An abysmal design imho, with or without a logo. It’ll save me £40 .
As regards the sponsorship, what we gained from PP we may well lose in lack of shirt sales.
It will make more money and sell more shirts than any County shirt in history. Not just to County fans. I have mates who are Saints fans who are asking about getting the home and away already.
Why on earth would Saints fans want our club’s shirt, pray tell?
Not just Saints fans, there's a whole culture of football fashion out there and retro 90s styles are very popular - this is a nod to that (as are the other 15 or so loud print designs other brands are pushing this season) - it's unsponsored and a bold design, plus we've got a cult feel thanks to our cup exploits, I can see it shifting loads.

Amberexile wrote:I'll have to swap my online betting allegiance from Interbet to Paddy Power.
I already have a pair of Paddy Power's rainbow Lucky Pants from an event last year where they were firing them out of cannons. I think they had some left over from their pro-LGBT+ Russian World Cup stance.

Interbet appear to be adorning 3 of my football shirts and that's about the extent of my relationship with them. I've never placed a bet with either, mainly because Betfair Exchange usually has miles better odds and my County knowledge is going to be better than most so there's usually value to be had.

I have no issue with sports betting companies sponsoring football, as I've said before, you already have to have a certain type of personality to get addicted and I don't think they're the people the ads are aimed at anyway.

I think our home shirt is awesome, our away shirt is... different... our third shirt is a great idea and nice design, and our away keeper kit is horrific and therefore a must-buy as well. And it's nice to see they finally got the NCAFC on the socks after two years of waiting.