Re: New Shirt Sponsor

Having seen the ACTUAL HTAFC kit I would like Paddy to hurry up and announce sponsorship of Newport thanks.

(I generally agree with betting firms being kept out of football but don't feel particularly strongly about it - and if Paddy are sponsoring teams to have blank shirts, count me in, because the huddersfield kit is absolutely beautiful)

Another week starts, more revenue lost.
No sponsor no kit.

Our Commercial Manager no idea who he is or name has lost us so much revenue with shirt sales to start with.

Schools are out families on holiday shirts to take away.
Whoops no shirts.

Is there any reason a shirt supplier & sponsor cannot be arranged before the end of the previous season?
In the case of the sponsor, could we not have said, "Here's the deal, we're looking like reaching the Play-Offs and may go up, but we may not. So, if we do go up, the price will be £x amount, if we don't go up, the price will be £y amount, but shall we get the paperwork out of the way first, so it's done?"......
Is there any reason we can't engage with sponsors in advance, and agree a deal provisionally, and just adjust the money when we know what division we're in?....why can that not happen in the modern world?
"NCAFC are delighted to announce that Principality Building Society will be our main shirt sponsor next season"....

Sorted in advance.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Another week starts, more revenue lost.
No sponsor no kit.

Our Commercial Manager no idea who he is or name has lost us so much revenue with shirt sales to start with.

Schools are out families on holiday shirts to take away.
Whoops no shirts.
It has been suggested that the reason for delay extends beyond just a lack of sponsor and is the fault of a more ‘senior’ figure, just FYI.

newgroundrodney wrote:Is there any reason a shirt supplier & sponsor cannot be arranged before the end of the previous season?
In the case of the sponsor, could we not have said, "Here's the deal, we're looking like reaching the Play-Offs and may go up, but we may not. So, if we do go up, the price will be £x amount, if we don't go up, the price will be £y amount, but shall we get the paperwork out of the way first, so it's done?"......
Is there any reason we can't engage with sponsors in advance, and agree a deal provisionally, and just adjust the money when we know what division we're in?....why can that not happen in the modern world?
"NCAFC are delighted to announce that Principality Building Society will be our main shirt sponsor next season"....

Sorted in advance.
The negotiations can go ahead in advance. What shouldn't happen is selling or playing in shirts with a new sponsors name on them before the previous deal has expired. I wonder when the Interbet deal expires?

Amberexile wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Is there any reason a shirt supplier & sponsor cannot be arranged before the end of the previous season?

Sorted in advance.
The negotiations can go ahead in advance. What shouldn't happen is selling or playing in shirts with a new sponsors name on them before the previous deal has expired. I wonder when the Interbet deal expires?
..hasn't it already expired? (since their logo has been crudely erased from the shirts now in use for friendlies)

More and more clubs now agree the sponsorship deal so it covers a season's league games except the last home one - this means they can launch the next season's kit at the last home game, getting some much-needed cash at the start of the close season and giving all summer to maximise sales. It takes a bit more organisation but is smart business. Doesn't tend to happen for sides in the playoff mix though, for obvious reasons!

I don't get too excited about a new kit, because I'm a thirty-something year-old man and not a teenager. But from a commercial point of view, we've hardly played a blinder by leaving it this late to launch.

Exile 1976 wrote:I imagine those looking to buy a new shirt/kit in June/beginning of July will still be wanting to buy them at the end of July
I'm inclined to agree. I don't think the delay results in a loss of revenue, it just postpones it. Last year I bought my replica shirt in November. By then I had decided I liked the black one more than the regular amber. First time ever I have bought the away shirt.

excessbee wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I imagine those looking to buy a new shirt/kit in June/beginning of July will still be wanting to buy them at the end of July
I'm inclined to agree. I don't think the delay results in a loss of revenue, it just postpones it. Last year I bought my replica shirt in November. By then I had decided I liked the black one more than the regular amber. First time ever I have bought the away shirt.
I agree. My birthday is early July, it would be nice to have the new shirt for my birthday each season but although that has rarely if ever been possible, I still have one each season when they do come out.