Re: New Shirt Sponsor

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Admittedly I 'm not the best to judge as I'm Daltonistic (colour vision deficient), but would posters describe the kit as Amber?
Definitely amber but I hate amber shorts on our home kits. For me, black shorts look infinitely nicer.

'giving the shirt back to the fans' is nice, pretty words, good intentions etc, but only works if the kit ITSELF is decent...ours isn't!
Without a logo, it just looks like a bland training kit. The only thing going for it is the fact that it doesn't have a buttoned collar.
If the shorts end up as black, then maybe some saving grace, but that, THAT , is crap! (In my opinion)

Compared to the amber around the side of the image, I'm not sure the kit looks very amber. But might just be the lighting at the photo shoot.

Honestly, well done by the club. I was expecting the worst but the un-sponsoring idea is nice in modern football.

Would have liked an unsponsored traditional kit but this isn't too bad. patterning on the home one is iffy but it suits the away kit.

Prices are up by £4.99

newgroundrodney wrote:'giving the shirt back to the fans' is nice, pretty words, good intentions etc, but only works if the kit ITSELF is decent...ours isn't!
Without a logo, it just looks like a bland training kit. The only thing going for it is the fact that it doesn't have a buttoned collar.
If the shorts end up as black, then maybe some saving grace, but that, THAT , is crap! (In my opinion)
Just to clarify, is the 'ours' you refer to Newport County or QPR? :lol: :lol:

I think Paddy Power have played a blinder here. All that hullabaloo last week about the Huddersfield kit and now the unsponsoring of ours. I hope they get great media coverage. I wonder how many other clubs they are sponsoring as well. Just one criticism - Amber shorts, aaaargh. Black all the way for me.

excessbee wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:'giving the shirt back to the fans' is nice, pretty words, good intentions etc, but only works if the kit ITSELF is decent...ours isn't!
Just to clarify, is the 'ours' you refer to Newport County or QPR? :lol: :lol:
Well County, but y'know what, since you mention it, it applies to both for me this season. £100 saved for me, not buying either! :grin:

It appears that we seem to alternate between Amber or black shorts.Our first season in the league and the great escape we were all Amber.As it was me who initiated the idea of playing in all Amber in the 90's,I am pleased that we still use it some years.Also our away kit has black shorts so,no point having two sets of black shorts as they are bound to clash somewhere along the line.Remember two years ago,they made that mistake and the third white and red kit had to mixed with the others to make an awful match up in some games.

pembsexile wrote:I think Paddy Power have played a blinder here. All that hullabaloo last week about the Huddersfield kit and now the unsponsoring of ours. I hope they get great media coverage. I wonder how many other clubs they are sponsoring as well. Just one criticism - Amber shorts, aaaargh. Black all the way for me.
A fine of £2,200,000 for allowing money laundering. The highest number of upheld complaints at over 5,000 to the Advertising Standards Authority for offering odds on the outcome of a murder trial where a young woman had been brutally killed and only last week a €90,000 order of compensation to employees denied breaks at work.

Paddy Power are all heart and deserve some positive publicity? For me the answer is no.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
pembsexile wrote:I think Paddy Power have played a blinder here. All that hullabaloo last week about the Huddersfield kit and now the unsponsoring of ours. I hope they get great media coverage. I wonder how many other clubs they are sponsoring as well. Just one criticism - Amber shorts, aaaargh. Black all the way for me.
A fine of £2,200,000 for allowing money laundering. The highest number of upheld complaints at over 5,000 to the Advertising Standards Authority for offering odds on the outcome of a murder trial where a young woman had been brutally killed and only last week a €90,000 order of compensation to employees denied breaks at work.

Paddy Power are all heart and deserve some positive publicity? For me the answer is no.
They will surely learn from those mistakes. I'd put money on it.