Re: Justin Edinburgh has passed away

I am saddened and shocked by this tragic news. Being a Newport and Spurs fan, he did a fantastic job for both clubs.The last time I saw him was last August on Canvey Island as Orient boss in a pre season friendly. I talked to him at length and he signed some County and Spurs programmes for me. I am glad I got to thank him personally for what he achieved for my club. RIP Justin and condolences to his family at this sad time.
Last edited by bedeck on June 8th, 2019, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This may sound really trite, but...

Like everyone else, I’m ever so sad about tonight’s news. Losing anyone at such a young age is dreadful, especially someone who still had so much to offer the game.

Conjuring up mental images of Justin during his time at County, I kept coming back to him, striding purposefully up the touchline between dressing room and dugout, in smart, shiny, immaculate brown shoes. For me, those shoes were iconic - after an era of tracksuited managers (and a few chancers), Justin just LOOKED the part. His dress and demeanour indicated something bigger; he had a vision for his team and the club, and a clear sense of how to get there. Our promotion under him was no accident; this was a man who conducted himself and his team with a clarity and professionalism that was a huge credit to him.

My thoughts are with his family, who don’t deserve to lose a loved one so young. But what a man, and what a career. They should be proud.

A true County legend. I was quite looking forward to him coming back to Rodney Parade next season and everyone giving him a great reception. We'll have to do something for the game in his memory. Amber Army, if you do a flag, I will happily contribute.

I watched the Play Off final video again just now and all the emotions hit me. What that man did for this club we will forever be grateful for.

Thanks for everything and thanks for giving me some of the best memories in my life when we got promoted.

RIP Justin.

Up the County!
Last edited by Caerleon Exile on June 8th, 2019, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not sure I have the eloquence of the previous poets.

My first thoughts are if you have children and grandchildren, cherish the days. Cause you just never know. One of the principle figures that catapulted the County back. Great manager that proved it again at Orient a mentalist case. Had fanatstic potential to go much further. And everybody these days probably have little memory of what a great player he was for one on the great teams.

When the fixtures come out that Orient game. The 49th minute.

Handolucifer wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
Handolucifer wrote:Justin received a slew of criticism on this forum from certain posters. He managed our return to the football league. That is what we had always aimed for. My thoughts are with his family and I appreciate what he did for us.
Your first sentence was unnecessary.
Criticising a manager is part of football and should not be used to point score at a time like this.
Alan G Bryant, Justin recieved a good deal of abuse after he left the club. Pointing this out is a fact. Again, I, express my condolences to Justin's family. Maybe you could show some compassion.
If you're gonna come on here at a time like this and act like a complete ******* , then best not post at all eh ?
Go do one

Lost in Willesden wrote:Not sure I have the eloquence of the previous poets.

My first thoughts are if you have children and grandchildren, cherish the days. Cause you just never know. One of the principle figures that catapulted the County back. Great manager that proved it again at Orient a mentalist case. Had fanatstic potential to go much further. And everybody these days probably have little memory of what a great player he was for one on the great teams.

When the fixtures come out that Orient game. The 49th minute.

WOW ..........