Transfer News

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Posts

6440

Transfer News

Postby neilcork68 » June 10th, 2019, 9:26 pm

I see Ipswich have signed James Norwood from Tranmere....thats Tranmere straight back down next season then as he was their main goal threat and players like him will cost a pretty hefty sum to replace
no avatar
User

Coxy

Posts

317

Re: Transfer News

Postby Coxy » June 10th, 2019, 11:45 pm

He'll probably get a fair few goals for them but with Paul Lambert in charge Ipswich could well be in for a long season.
User avatar
User

Countymax

Posts

44

Re: Transfer News

Postby Countymax » June 11th, 2019, 10:02 am

He's the sort of player who'd get 30 goals a season for us. Definitely agree that Tranmere will come straight back down.

neilcork68 wrote:I see Ipswich have signed James Norwood from Tranmere....thats Tranmere straight back down next season then as he was their main goal threat and players like him will cost a pretty hefty sum to replace
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Posts

4628

Re: Transfer News

Postby Cornish Exile » June 11th, 2019, 7:04 pm

Coxy wrote:He'll probably get a fair few goals for them but with Paul Lambert in charge Ipswich could well be in for a long season.


Probably less chance of him conning Championship level referees.
User avatar
User

Bush

Posts

7374

Re: Transfer News

Postby Bush » June 12th, 2019, 1:03 pm

Cornish Exile wrote:
Coxy wrote:He'll probably get a fair few goals for them but with Paul Lambert in charge Ipswich could well be in for a long season.


Probably less chance of him conning Championship level referees.


especially as he will be playing under league one refs!
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Posts

2355

Re: Transfer News

Postby Willthiswork » June 14th, 2019, 8:53 am

There is some chatter about us signing Joe Morrell (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Morrell) on loan from Bristol City. I hear from a Robins' fan that if we do we have a little bit of a gem.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Posts

3746

Location

Caerphilly

Re: Transfer News

Postby rncfc » June 14th, 2019, 9:50 am

Cool. Until he gets recalled to play for their reserves.
no avatar
User

G Guest

Posts

2828

Re: Transfer News

Postby G Guest » June 14th, 2019, 12:14 pm

Morrell played 38 times for Cheltenham last season.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

14669

Location

MT

Re: Transfer News

Postby Exile 1976 » June 14th, 2019, 1:11 pm

G Guest wrote:Morrell played 38 times for Cheltenham last season.



He didn’t. That was the season before.
Last season he played 4 games for Brizzle. 1 as a sub in the Championship and 3 FA Cup games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Stan A. Einstein and 45 guests

Powered by phpBB ®