Hungary v Wales

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User avatar
User

penycwm county

Posts

2221

Location

Pembrokeshire

Hungary v Wales

Postby penycwm county » June 11th, 2019, 2:49 pm

Team P GD Pts
1 Hungary 3 1 6
2 Croatia 3 1 6
3 Wales 2 0 3
4 Slovakia 2 1 3
5 Azerbai 2 -3 0

Group E as it stands,we could do with a win tonight to keep our hopes alive.
no avatar
User

G Guest

Posts

2861

Re: Hungary v Wales

Postby G Guest » June 11th, 2019, 4:15 pm

In case anyone doesn't know, the match is live on S4C.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Posts

6372

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Hungary v Wales

Postby pembsexile » June 11th, 2019, 8:10 pm

G Guest wrote:In case anyone doesn't know, the match is live on S4C.


Sky Sports as well. Watching in a bar in Tenerife. A nothing game so far.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Posts

2450

Re: Hungary v Wales

Postby Willthiswork » June 11th, 2019, 9:16 pm

Can someone shut up that stadium announcer??
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

14823

Location

MT

Re: Hungary v Wales

Postby Exile 1976 » June 11th, 2019, 9:19 pm

Our final ball has been awful and Bale absolute poop
no avatar
User

whoareya

Posts

2258

Re: Hungary v Wales

Postby whoareya » June 11th, 2019, 9:45 pm

Giggs gone by Christmas......
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Posts

4641

Re: Hungary v Wales

Postby Cornish Exile » June 11th, 2019, 9:50 pm

whoareya wrote:Giggs gone by Christmas......


His team selection is dreadful.

At least he brought in a couple of experienced defenders, but Jamie Lawrence starting and Chris Mepham on the bench?
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

14823

Location

MT

Re: Hungary v Wales

Postby Exile 1976 » June 11th, 2019, 9:53 pm

Cornish Exile wrote:
whoareya wrote:Giggs gone by Christmas......


His team selection is dreadful.

At least he brought in a couple of experienced defenders, but Jamie Lawrence starting and Chris Mepham on the bench?



I couldn’t believe it, Mepham was our stand out defender on the weekend. Awful performance. Still think we’ve got to give him a chance but there’s no doubt Giggs is living on borrowed time, especially if we put in more piss poor performances like tonight
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Posts

4641

Re: Hungary v Wales

Postby Cornish Exile » June 11th, 2019, 10:05 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:
whoareya wrote:Giggs gone by Christmas......


His team selection is dreadful.

At least he brought in a couple of experienced defenders, but Jamie Lawrence starting and Chris Mepham on the bench?



I couldn’t believe it, Mepham was our stand out defender on the weekend. Awful performance. Still think we’ve got to give him a chance but there’s no doubt Giggs is living on borrowed time, especially if we put in more piss poor performances like tonight


It seemed to me what was missing was the Chris Coleman effect. Get him back quick.
User avatar
User

penycwm county

Posts

2221

Location

Pembrokeshire

Re: Hungary v Wales

Postby penycwm county » June 12th, 2019, 12:39 pm

I don't want Coleman back, he left for a bigger wage packet.
I think the problem is Bale, it's pretty obvious that he is is not match fit and why is Giggs playing him as a striker? better off playing him in his original role as left back, all those attacking players available to him and he plays defensively.
User avatar
User

bignbeefy

Posts

346

Location

Melbs, Down Under

Re: Hungary v Wales

Postby bignbeefy » June 13th, 2019, 2:45 pm

Watching both games (admittedly from afar) I truly believe the players aren't playing for Giggs.

I know it's far fetched, but truly awful team selections, no genuine game plan and some interesting substitutions just seem to indicate to me that all's not right within the camp.

Mind you I see the U20s got beat by Albania too, so perhaps we're just bollox at the end of a long season!!!

Beefy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chepstowamber, Countymadbell, JonD, Kairdiff Exile, rncfc, Stan A. Einstein, UppaPort and 44 guests

Powered by phpBB ®