Re: When?

The purpose of clearance is to make sure there are no outstanding issues such as suspensions or unpaid fines when a player moves from a club in one national jurisdiction to one in another jurisdiction. So a player moving from one Welsh club to another will not need clearance whether he is an Englishman or not. In the case of this unknown new signing it can't be Demetriou because the FAW already hold his registration. It must be a player coming from an English club or even,as a remote possibility, from another foreign FA's jurisdiction.

Re: When?

I can't understand why Labadie would be subject to clearance since the club holds his registration from last season. I checked the official announcement of his contract renewal and it does not mention "subject to clearance". I can only assume that this was said in error on Twitter or whatever.

However, it is correct that the club has announced signings before that were subject to clearance so it is odd if that is holding up an announcement, assuming that the player has signed terms to play for us.