Re: Contacting the commercial department

allontheamber wrote:Out of interest when was the last time anyone on here received and answer to an email to the club within a reasonable timescale ie within 24 hours of sending it
I got a call from them about the Fraser Franks shirt within about an hour of an email around a month ago. That was mainly because I thought I was about to get overcharged and the wrong name put on the shirt, neither of which I now think will happen.

It's all about timing.

BertieB wrote:When my wife was in great pain with a double fracture of her hip and right leg I put in a request for them to keep my Bisley seat for the Man City game and I would collect it at the home game prior to that Cup tie, I received an automatic response to my email which went "We acknowledge your email etc etc"and that was the only answer I received for several; e mails-----needless to say when I tried to buy my Man City ticket ................I was told all tickets are sold---- and that was the thanks I got for being a SILVER member.
Bob Bassett
I never cease to be amazed by your expectation of special treatment.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Taunt70 wrote:
Coxy wrote:Over the past 2 years i have sent numerous emails to the commercial department with regards to organising fundraising events to help the club coffers. I have followed up these emails with telephone calls to the club. On chatting on the phone i have politely said that its disappointed to not get a reply. The last time i called about 5 days ago the bloke said i can only apologise and will let the commercial guy know when he's back in the office on tuesday (today) Yet again no reply. My next venture is in october so the clock is ticking. Not sure what more i can do.
I'd get used to it, given I suspect the new commercial guy will be the new CEO. Better of two evils I suppose, given the other candidate is Gavin Foxall
That is a good shout , I could not think of a better appointment
Please tell me you're joking. Alex is a decent guy and suitably experienced for his current job but come on, you must be mental if you think he's anywhere near enough qualified to be a CEO. In no way am I trying to disrespect his CV but in his job before County he held a fairly junior role at the FAW.

BertieB wrote:SJ99....................Well when you grow up you need to ask how to write your name and then maybe you may cease to be amazed and I guess that with idiots like you supporting them its no wonder this club is never going to progress upwards.
I think people will look at this thread and draw their own conclusions.

I love it when the discussion is the commercial department...or the 'untouchables' as I like to call them.
When i've been critical in the past the replies range from:
1. who cares what you think, the commercial department are saints and we should be grateful they even deem it worthy to look at us... or
2. I'm a bigger fan than you so shut up.

truth is...the commercial department is poor. the opportunities for income are there, they are just ignored, poorly strategised, given as after-thought, or at worst... non existent.

we have no say in this, we're just customers, and the commercial team are not there for our benefit, they are there purely as a nod to the concept. I've learned its not going to be better so I put up with it...which i believe is exactly what they want.

AmberRundgren. wrote:I love it when the discussion is the commercial department...or the 'untouchables' as I like to call them.
When i've been critical in the past the replies range from:
1. who cares what you think, the commercial department are saints and we should be grateful they even deem it worthy to look at us... or
2. I'm a bigger fan than you so shut up.

truth is...the commercial department is poor. the opportunities for income are there, they are just ignored, poorly strategised, given as after-thought, or at worst... non existent.

we have no say in this, we're just customers, and the commercial team are not there for our benefit, they are there purely as a nod to the concept. I've learned its not going to be better so I put up with it...which i believe is exactly what they want.
Department? It's one person, as is every other full-time 'department'. The only club in the EFL with more directors than full-time internal Club staff (not including the academy). Which is a very clear problem.