Re: Clubs In Trouble

excessbee wrote:
Stan, you don't seem to understand the structure of fixtures in the EFL. We will play every team once before the end of December and once in the second set of 23 matches. Other than a possible 'weather postponement' no team will have to play a Newport team strengthened in the January transfer window other than those who have had the same level playing field of being able to likewise strengthen their team.

After the January 2020 transfer window ends County are scheduled to play 16 league matches. Because we play twenty three teams twice it will mean that we will have been sceduled to have played at least seven teams twice. Which means not only is it arrogant of you to claim I don't understand the structure of the League fixtures but also that you are wrong.

Being wrong is acceptable, being so stupid as to tell people who disagree with you they don't understand something, when clearly it is yourself who has missed the point is I confess funny. Well it gave me a good laugh anyway. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Stan, you don't seem to understand the structure of fixtures in the EFL. We will play every team once before the end of December and once in the second set of 23 matches. Other than a possible 'weather postponement' no team will have to play a Newport team strengthened in the January transfer window other than those who have had the same level playing field of being able to likewise strengthen their team.

After the January 2020 transfer window ends County are scheduled to play 16 league matches. Because we play twenty three teams twice it will mean that we will have been sceduled to have played at least seven teams twice. Which means not only is it arrogant of you to claim I don't understand the structure of the League fixtures but also that you are wrong.

Being wrong is acceptable, being so stupid as to tell people who disagree with you they don't understand something, when clearly it is yourself who has missed the point is I confess funny. Well it gave me a good laugh anyway. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Read all of what I wrote. No team has an unfair advantage by playing us after the January window closes because they too have had the opportunity to strengthen their team in that window. As usual, you chose the rude reply.

wattsville_boy wrote:
NearlyDead wrote:Snapshot of C&N Sporting Risk financial status as of 31/12/2018.
I think if I was a Bury fan I might be wishing for the club to be allowed to die and reform next season in non-league anew.

I think the football authorities need to overhaul their rules governing the "fit-and-proper-person" tests because they evidently are not fit for purpose...
...lets say they completely fold: a new club & company is established, with no connection to the former Bury FC.
Let's call them Bury Town AFC....
Where would they play, and at what level would they be allowed to join the structure?

newgroundrodney wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
NearlyDead wrote:Snapshot of C&N Sporting Risk financial status as of 31/12/2018.
I think if I was a Bury fan I might be wishing for the club to be allowed to die and reform next season in non-league anew.

I think the football authorities need to overhaul their rules governing the "fit-and-proper-person" tests because they evidently are not fit for purpose...
...lets say they completely fold: a new club & company is established, with no connection to the former Bury FC.
Where would they play, and at what level would they be allowed to join the structure?
It's a far from ideal option but perhaps it's better than being taken over by another company with apparent financial difficulties. Is greater debt around the corner if the above company assumes control?

excessbee wrote:Shouldn't think the Conference would accept them. Northern League perhaps, but maybe not in their Premier division.
Unless the EFL tackles the problems of finances in their lower leagues then they need to come to an agreement with the Conference as to where in the pyramid League clubs will restart when they go bust. I would suggest no higher than Step 4 but it is difficult because no-one wants a similar scenario to when Rangers went bust and walked their way through several leagues on the way back up Scottish football...

newgroundrodney wrote: ...lets say they completely fold: a new club & company is established, with no connection to the former Bury FC.
Just saying... there is already a club in non-league called Bury Town (FC), playing over in Bury St Edmunds. AFC Bury or Bury 2020 possibly.

They should start at the same level as we did.

Another thing is that, at the moment anyway, removal from the league would not mean that the club ceases to exist, as they are still trading. They're not bankrupt, yet.

The issue may then get complicated unless they do become bankrupt.

excessbee wrote:I lose track of Steps and Tiers. Conference National is Tier 5, yes? So I think we both think tier 8.
That would be the lower rung of the Northern Premier. Of course, unless they then go with an extra team a club which has already started its season at the next level down aiming for promotion from tier 9 will miss out .