Re: Clubs In Trouble

Good read, thanks. But I take issue with the idea that losing your club is a massive catastrophe UNLESS when the old one goes under it looks like there is no possibility whatsoever of launching a new one to climb back in due course to where the old one was. Maybe Newport supporters have a unique perspective on this, because that's effectively the situation we were in in 1989.

excessbee wrote:
Elmo wrote:Bolton before Bury??
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49470865
Maybe not. The next stage will be a notice of expulsion with a specified date. Bury were given two weeks 'final notice' onto which they squeezed a couple more days at the eleventh hour. Could be that Bolton's administrator was pursuing the only viable bid (which it seems has failed). Perhaps they'll just resign before they are pushed.
The Bury extension/suspension was so predictable. Clubs' owners know they will be given every chance hence the unnecessary brinkmanship.

UPTHEPORT wrote:What happens in FA Cup this season will one side get a bye I round one
Depending on when it happens, either Bury and/or Bolton might need to be replaced, so either the FA will add byes in the first round, or if something happens sooner to end the club involvements, the FA could offer second chance wild cards to teams in the qualification rounds to fill the extra R1 slots instead - but to do that the gaps in R1 would need to appear before the First Round Proper draw which is the weekend of 19th October following the 4th Qualifying Round.

Of course technically both Bolton and Bury could cease to exist as league clubs, yet enter teams into the FA Cup as they've already met the entry deadline - though the question of whether they'd still qualify for their passes into the First Round as no longer being EFL "associate members" (as they used to call the bottom two divisions) might be raised...

The circus continues. Bizarrely, Bury yesterday started selling tickets for Saturday's fixture against Doncaster. Today they have suspended sales, apparently because of staff shortages and uncertainty about whether the match will go ahead. They are now going to wait until after this afternoon's deadline. Not a lot of joined up thinking going on there!!

excessbee wrote:The circus continues. Bizarrely, Bury yesterday started selling tickets for Saturday's fixture against Doncaster. Today they have suspended sales, apparently because of staff shortages and uncertainty about whether the match will go ahead. They are now going to wait until after this afternoon's deadline. Not a lot of joined up thinking going on there!!
Every little helps.

NearlyDead wrote:In the event of the match not going ahead, I wonder who has legal entitlement to the money paid for any tickets bought.
Can ticket holders get their money back?
Does the money received become part of the administrator's pot to be disbursed among all (CVA) creditors?
I would have thought so.