Re: Team News Coming at 4

Only 20 years old, so has age on his side. Friend of mine is an Exeter fan and they ahd him for the first half of last season, didn't make a huge impact but apparently mostly because he didn't get enough time on the pitch, understandable given they had stockley at that point but still.

Shame this probably means a loan for Touray imo but always happy for us to bring in some younger lads!

njbh86 wrote:Only 20 years old, so has age on his side. Friend of mine is an Exeter fan and they ahd him for the first half of last season, didn't make a huge impact but apparently mostly because he didn't get enough time on the pitch, understandable given they had stockley at that point but still.

Shame this probably means a loan for Touray imo but always happy for us to bring in some younger lads!
Don’t recall this boy when he was at Orient but the first time I saw Touray was last night and tbh perhaps Flynny doesn’t think he’s ready yet.

excessbee wrote:It's the usual conundrum. If we give him a one year contract and he really hits the ground running, we will lose him for nothing. It's just the chance we have to take. Matt and Amond have one year to run. We now have an overlap (if he proves successful).

Yes agree but if he is another Jackson we are stuck with him for two years

neilcork68 wrote:
excessbee wrote:It's the usual conundrum. If we give him a one year contract and he really hits the ground running, we will lose him for nothing. It's just the chance we have to take. Matt and Amond have one year to run. We now have an overlap (if he proves successful).

Yes agree but if he is another Jackson we are stuck with him for two years
Well observed captain obvious.

i am not having a go at him .
What I am saying is that IMO its a big gamble giving him a two year contract. I hope MF is right for the sake of the clubs finances....
For every Washington we sign as a gamble in the hope they progress there is a Meecham or Jackson . Both who were given two year deals I believe

I’ve got to agree. Every player we sign seems to be on a 2-year deal. Now I’m not knocking the lad, but his career stats so far suggest a 1-year deal would be more sensible. Obviously he has something about him otherwise Norwich wouldn’t have signed him. Corey Whitely is 28 & never played at this level yet we give him a 2-year deal. Are we being shafted by agents or just gambling? (PS saw Corey against Al-Ahly & he looked fast & tricky in his defence)

neilcork68 wrote:Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Giving a player a two year deal who has played 40 league games and scored 6 goals.

Big call by MF that I hope he has called right because he hasnt set the world alight with his three other clubs in league two
How many of those were sub appearances rather than starts? Otherwise I agree it’s a gamble. Let’s hope it pays off eh?