Re: Team News Coming at 4

Every manager has at sometime or other made a signing that has not turned out well, every supporter has commented on a players ability, wrongly. I make this point regarding those whose said Andrew Hughes was no more than a Conference South player, where is he playing now---exactly. The manager sees something he likes in the players he signs, it's responsibility to develop those young players and use the experienced ones in the squad to assist in that process

ButchersDog wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:I have not wrote the lad off , just questioning whether a two year deal is the best option for someone who has played for three sides at our level and has 6 goals in 40 appearances for a striker.
Or 6 goals in 19 starts?
Strictly only correct if none of his goals were scored as a substitute.

excessbee wrote:
ButchersDog wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:I have not wrote the lad off , just questioning whether a two year deal is the best option for someone who has played for three sides at our level and has 6 goals in 40 appearances for a striker.
Or 6 goals in 19 starts?
Strictly only correct if none of his goals were scored as a substitute.
I remember reading a manager, I think Busby but I can't be sure. His view being he didn't want a 20 goal a season striker, he wanted a striker to score eight times a season in games won by the odd goal.