Re: New signings - who are you most pleased with

Answering the original question, too early to really say but I'm quite excited about Ryan Haynes if he can live up to what he looked like as a youngun at Coventry. Whitely sounds promising and Abrahams looks a good fit for us on paper.

And keeping Labs around was enormous.

Leadbitter sounds good on paper but a real concern with him would be his injury record, a lot of hamstring trouble the last few years and he's no use to us on the treatment table. Hopefully we can manage his minutes well and keep him healthy.

I think all of the signings sound good on paper. But I have only seen two of them (v Chelsea U23's). Lazar was played as a LB, which may not be his best position and probably showed that it wasn't his best position. The word "determined" seems appropriate description. Marvel seemed to play as a left winger and did a few nice things but is in fairness probably still adjusting to being a full time professional. Too early to judge would be fair to attach to him.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Of all the new players I saw against Shrewsbury, Marvel is the one who looked least ready for L2.
You might be right. One little word of caution in 1932 a very young lad played two games for Stoke City. An unknown local newspaper reporter wrote that 'X....... clearly lack the ability to make a career in the professional game.'

Go on, make a guess. :grin:

Perhaps that's why I worded my opinion as I did :wink:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Of all the new players I saw against Shrewsbury, Marvel is the one who looked least ready for L2.
You might be right. One little word of caution in 1932 a very young lad played two games for Stoke City. An unknown local newspaper reporter wrote that 'X....... clearly lack the ability to make a career in the professional game.'

The Wizard of the wing, or was it dribble?

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Perhaps that's why I worded my opinion as I did :wink:
Hi Paul, I wasn't making a dig at your post, apologies if it seemed that way, merely pointing out that opinions are just that and we are all prone, and I certainly include myself in this, to being spectacularly wrong. And yes Mike, it was the other great Stanley. :grin: