Re: Admin error meant OB missed today's game

Who is actually running our football club on a daily basis?? Cant be our directors because they all work , we have kids and volunteers running the administration and merchandise . Surly being a professional football club we sd have a bloody CEO or COO .this is pisspoor and so un professional. How mike gets players to sign for our club is beyond me .remember this club employed a secretary in January and he did nt know how to sign a player on because he never done it before .who actually employs these guys ?? Mike has worked miracles on the pitch ? Made our club secure and in a healthy position. Off it we are Micky mouse laughing stock of the football league..let's get someone in who knows what they are doing and let them run our club like a football club sd be run .without certain directors trying to control them .then maybe we might just achieve off the field what mike and the boys are doing on the pitch. Remember this is club by the fans for the fans one club one county as we are reminded time and time again told by the club .

Caerleon Exile wrote:I think putting the blame on Gavin Foxhall's door is harsh. We dont know the ins and outs. Do we not employ a full time member of staff to pick up all these tasks? If not, why not? I thought we had a new person ik at the end of the 2018 season? Guy Price wasnt it? Or has he quit already?

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... appointed/
Its all down to Foxhall.
He makes all decisions major & minor.
In answer to your question gone like the 12 before.
Like Les loves the adoration.
It will get to a point sooner than later when the choice will be.

Flynny, Wayne & Lenny or Foxhall.
I know which way I would go.

rncfc wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Percy

The problem is that this is not the first time.
Flynny and Wayne will be tamping.
Your example is a totally different scenario.
We want to keep Flynny and Wayne.
This just doesn't help the cause one little bit.
Harps,if he is angry then he makes his point to the directors in private at a meeting but not in public.The club would have been aware that the Franks shirts were not ready so,just pack the black ones.Play down OB's omission,allow Labs to lead the team out.Don't mention the food to the press but make sure GF is told of his displeasure,in private.
Perhaps the club didn't respond to his emails?
Hopefully everyone apart from a few of your cronies are getting fed up of the childish comments.
Please grow up.

I have noticed with the minutes published of board meetings that MF is never present at any of these.Is that his choice,I don't know but official meetings is where all things football get brought up.The manager should be there for part of the meeting to air grievances and discuss fine detail like who organises prematch food,what time and where is it delivered.The Finance and Commercial managers are at these meetings,The former CEO was always there,why not the team manager.

Percy plunkett wrote:I have noticed with the minutes published of board meetings that MF is never present at any of these.Is that his choice,I don't know but official meetings is where all things football get brought up.The manager should be there for part of the meeting to air grievances and discuss fine detail like who organises prematch food,what time and where is it delivered.The Finance and Commercial managers are at these meetings,The former CEO was always there,why not the team manager.
Genuine question Percy
Have we got a Finance manager?
Assume we have currently a Commercial manager as per The Paddy Power Sponsorship

Caerleon Exile wrote:I think putting the blame on Gavin Foxhall's door is harsh. We dont know the ins and outs. Do we not employ a full time member of staff to pick up all these tasks? If not, why not? I thought we had a new person ik at the end of the 2018 season? Guy Price wasnt it? Or has he quit already?

I believe he is either on the sick or has quit already.

There seems to be a terrible problem at the club with the retention of off the field staff. I think that to protect the club going forward they need to bring in an independent consultant to look at HR and associated policies and procedures.

We are a professional business and need to make sure the simple things off the field are done correctly.

county1959 wrote:

I believe he is either on the sick or has quit already.

There seems to be a terrible problem at the club with the retention of off the field staff. I think that to protect the club going forward they need to bring in an independent consultant to look at HR and associated policies and procedures.

We are a professional business and need to make sure the simple things off the field are done correctly.
A high ratio of staff turnover is indicative of a serious problem. There will always be clashes of personality and people in any organization moving on for that reason. However we do seem to have an awfully high number of employees who are unable to work for any length of time at Newport County.

'To lose one parent may be regarded as unfortunate, to lose both looks like carelessness'. Oscar Wilde.

How many senior staff is that gone now?

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:I have noticed with the minutes published of board meetings that MF is never present at any of these.Is that his choice,I don't know but official meetings is where all things football get brought up.The manager should be there for part of the meeting to air grievances and discuss fine detail like who organises prematch food,what time and where is it delivered.The Finance and Commercial managers are at these meetings,The former CEO was always there,why not the team manager.
Genuine question Percy
Have we got a Finance manager?
Assume we have currently a Commercial manager as per The Paddy Power Sponsorship
Nigel Stephenson and Alex Eagle who both attend board meetings,Flynny does not so why not.

rncfc wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Hopefully everyone apart from a few of your cronies are getting fed up of the childish comments.
Please grow up.
Said the 70 year old who spends his time moaning about the colour of his shorts on the internet.
I have many pairs of shorts.
One of my better features sunshine. (that's from my better half)
Just got back from a 30 minute run this morning.
4-5 times a week.
Not bad for a 70 year old.
They were black by the way.

Amberexile wrote:In relation to the team food contract, this is an extract from the latest board minutes.

CLUB GOVERNANCE
It was agreed the governance of commercial contracts and agreements needed to be improved.
GF is to write to everyone in the club with managerial responsibility to explain the process of commercial agreements – that they must go to the Club Group for approval.
Which tells us precisely nothing.

What are the processes of commercial agreements, who was written to, and what are their levels of responsibility?

Those are the questions which if answered would actually tell us something.

Your club, your trust, your money, OUR SECRETS.

Amberexile wrote:In relation to the team food contract, this is an extract from the latest board minutes.

CLUB GOVERNANCE
It was agreed the governance of commercial contracts and agreements needed to be improved.
GF is to write to everyone in the club with managerial responsibility to explain the process of commercial agreements – that they must go to the Club Group for approval.
In other words everything County related goes through Foxhall.
Managers should manage, where possible certainly for bread and butter matters. :lol: .