Re: Inniss Charged

At the risk of talking bollocks, I suggest that the special disciplinary rules which allow most offences to be punished within the EFL Trophy and not apply to the league need a definition of the worst offences such as biting which are not excused sanction in the league. Gross misconduct may the the name for that.

G Guest wrote:At the risk of talking bollocks, I suggest that the special disciplinary rules which allow most offences to be punished within the EFL Trophy and not apply to the league need a definition of the worst offences such as biting which are not excused sanction in the league. Gross misconduct may the the name for that.
Guessing it's gross misconduct because it's an (alleged) attack which can't in any way be justified within the parameters of the laws of the game in the way, say, a leg break due to a tackle could be. Usual FA (or FAW, whoever is doing this for us nowadays) disciplinary hearing stuff but bigger punishments.

IIRC stuff like shoving officials comes under this too. It will be a big deal and around 8 matches, I'm expecting.
Last edited by SJG99 on September 13th, 2019, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

George Street-Bridge wrote:In two biting cases involving a couple of players we are familiar with the charge was plain misconduct and the bans were eight and ten games.

I suspect "gross" would kick in if a club then fired a player, but that would be Palace's concern IF he is found guilty.
That's an interesting point. Who is the employer of a player who is on loan, especially if the club taking the player is also paying wages? To be clear I don't know.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:In two biting cases involving a couple of players we are familiar with the charge was plain misconduct and the bans were eight and ten games.

I suspect "gross" would kick in if a club then fired a player, but that would be Palace's concern IF he is found guilty.
That's an interesting point. Who is the employer of a player who is on loan, especially if the club taking the player is also paying wages? To be clear I don't know.
The player is employed by both clubs on different contracts.